'o' Non Imm Visa Based On Marriage - How Long Will I Be Stamped In For.

Tomorrow I will be returning the the UK for a few weeks and whilst there I thought I should renew my visa which is due to expire in June.

This time I can apply for a non Imm 'O' based on marriage and it seems a lot less hassle do it in England (just a copy of the marriage certificate). When I return to Thailand do I no longer need to do visa runs, just 90 day reporting, what will I receive as a stamp on arrival back in Thailand, previously I got 90 days, will they stamp for 12 months, or will it still be 90 days and I get a new stamp on my 90 day reporting.

Thanks for any assistance.

David

A visa only allows entry for up to 90 days. You do not need to to 90 day reporting as you are not allowed to stay more than 90 days.

Unless you extend your stay at Immigration inside Thailand with 40k income or 400k in bank account for 2 or 3 months you will have to make border runs.

You will be stamped in for a 90 day stay on a non immigrant O visa entry. If you have a multi entry visa you can obtain a new 90 day stay by leaving the country and return during the validity of the visa.

Small correction, a multipole non-O will give you unlimited entries for 1 year. Each time you enter Thailand during that year, you can stay for up to 90 days. by leaving and re-entering just before the visa expires you get a fresh 90 days and so almost 15 months out of the visa.

The 1 year starts from the date the visa is issued.

Small correction, a multipole non-O will give you unlimited entries for 1 year. Each time you enter Thailand during that year, you can stay for up to 90 days. by leaving and re-entering just before the visa expires you get a fresh 90 days and so almost 15 months out of the visa.

The 1 year starts from the date the visa is issued.

:)

Thanks for your replies guys. What do you think my best option is, just get the Visa in England, or transfer the 400K Baht and when my exisiting Visa expires in June (I can re-enter June to get me another 90 days) go for the extension at Jomtien based on marriage. Would this way prevent me from having to do border runs.

It seems pointless getting the visa in England, if I still have to do border runs.

Thanks for your assistance.

I'm off to the airport now.

A Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa costs the equivalent of 5,000 Baht and needs a border run every 90 days.

A 12 month extension from Immigration costs 1,900 Baht and needs no border runs.

As long as your 400,000 Baht is in the Thai bank for at least 2 months you can apply for the extension in Thailand.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

If obtaining 12 month extension of stay at Thai immigration and plan to travel during period of extension, will also need to obtain re-entry permit to keep permission to stay alive. Cost 1,000 baht single entry or 3,800 baht multiple entry.

Thanks again for your help, all is clear now.

I am going to apply for the extenion when my existing visa expires, as I can satify the financial requirements and it will prevent the need for VISA runs in the future.

It's just I had to return to England for a few weeks, and didn't want to miss any opportunity to obtain a visa here, if that was best.

Thanks

David