Thailand Urges UAE To Evict Thaksin

george

Anyone still wondering why the UK, the UAE and other countries aren't complying with Abhisit's extradition requests? A few months ago they even mentioned that Thaksin would be hunted down by Interpol. Nothing happened. I wonder why?

He's not in the UK so they can't extradite him and I don't think they were asked while he was there. I could be wrong. As far as I remember they cancelled his visa.

There has been much talk about extradition requests but I haven't found anyone who knows of an official extradition request being made. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. An extradition probably won't happen without an official request. Other countries have laws. They can't just throw a person out with cause and a fair judicial hearing.

They can bloody well throw out a foreigner for any reason they want to.

There have been negotiations about a extradition treaty, but there hasn't been a first usage.

There is an English bloke held in Thailand last month, wanted for huge fraud in Dubai,

and you can bet he is on the block vs getting Thaksin back under lock and key.

They maybe waiting to let the redshirts screw the pooch like last Songkran,

before making the trade. Easier to keep the demos around his cell block under control if

the public is nicely in tune with the need to do just that.

Interesting that Thaksin enjoys many of the things that he (and/or Thailand) explicitly forbade while he was PM: Namely:

>>>> Using several passports, and at least two names.

>>>> Owning property and doing any sorts of businesses in a host country.

>>>> Being forgiven for being a fugitive from justice.

>>>> Transferring any amounts of money in and out of the host country.

Rainman, I don't think you read brahmburgers post properly. I'm sure Abhisit's 2 passports are in the same name. HOST COUNTRY - that means where Thaksin is living while he is not in Thailand. He can own property there, but foreigners can't own property here. Abhisit isn't a fugitive from justice. ANY amounts - there are rules about transferring certain amounts of money in and out of Thailand, not all amounts.

There has been much talk about extradition requests but I haven't found anyone who knows of an official extradition request being made. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. An extradition probably won't happen without an official request. Other countries have laws. They can't just throw a person out with cause and a fair judicial hearing.

They can bloody well throw out a foreigner for any reason they want to.

There have been negotiations about a extradition treaty, but there hasn't been a first usage.

There is an English bloke held in Thailand last month, wanted for huge fraud in Dubai,

and you can bet he is on the block vs getting Thaksin back under lock and key.

They maybe waiting to let the redshirts screw the pooch like last Songkran,

before making the trade. Easier to keep the demos around his cell block under control if

the public is nicely in tune with the need to do just that.

since when the government are actually trying to get Thaksin and since when these government officials talked about that Interpol will help them to get Thaksin. did it came to any results? NO. that government failed to get Thaksin, because of whatever reason.

and you are explaining us now that is just a tactical move? it was planned since many month to get him right after this weekend, because on this weekend the Reds will lose finally all the credibility they have left once more again? and after this the time is ready to get Thaksin and the wise government just waiting for that moment.

what a silly twist. there isn't planning behind. these foreign countries don't care or ignore thailands extradition demands for the stated and obvious reason. all the talk about Interpol or how close they are to get them seems to be fiction. propaganda stories, distorted truth and false information.

this is a fine example how laughable and incapable those in charge and power are.

don't expect some honest and straightforward information by the government about what is possible and what not in the Thaksin hunt and why certain things will not be possible. all you will hear is propaganda and deception. that is pathetic. trying to defend that with even more silly stories is even more pathetic.

^well let's face it rainman is correct barring the insult. :D

I agree, he is right, but he loses me with all that pompus stuff :)

I'm not sure ND, I tihnk a number of people have misinterpreted what Bramhburgers actually posted.

Anyone still wondering why the UK, the UAE and other countries aren't complying with Abhisit's extradition requests? A few months ago they even mentioned that Thaksin would be hunted down by Interpol. Nothing happened. I wonder why?

Because he's not in the UK, he has investments in the UAE and Hun Sen is his buddy? (And that even this story isn't asking for extradition!)

So no ... I don't wonder at all why something that hasn't been asked for has not been granted :)

since when the government are actually trying to get Thaksin and since when these government officials talked about that Interpol will help them to get Thaksin. did it came to any results? NO. that government failed to get Thaksin, because of whatever reason.

and you are explaining us now that is just a tactical move? it was planned since many month to get him right after this weekend, because on this weekend the Reds will lose finally all the credibility they have left once more again? and after this the time is ready to get Thaksin and the wise government just waiting for that moment.

what a silly twist. there isn't planning behind. these foreign countries don't care or ignore thailands extradition demands for the stated and obvious reason. all the talk about Interpol or how close they are to get them seems to be fiction. propaganda stories, distorted truth and false information.

this is a fine example how laughable and incapable those in charge and power are.

don't expect some honest and straightforward information by the government about what is possible and what not in the Thaksin hunt and why certain things will not be possible. all you will hear is propaganda and deception. that is pathetic. trying to defend that with even more silly stories is even more pathetic.

I don't think Thailand have ever tried to extradite Thaksin, except maybe from Cambodia. Even in this article, the only comments are about trying to get him out of UAE ("Thailand urges UAE to EVICT Thaksin"). They want to make it harder for Thaksin, but I don't really think they want him back here. Was there any mention about Interpol? I think you are distorting the article and adding false information.

I don't think Thailand have ever tried to extradite Thaksin, except maybe from Cambodia. Even in this article, the only comments are about trying to get him out of UAE ("Thailand urges UAE to EVICT Thaksin"). They want to make it harder for Thaksin, but I don't really think they want him back here. Was there any mention about Interpol? I think you are distorting the article and adding false information.

I think one of the more interesting aspects of the situation is that the govt has made apparently no real effort to extradite him.

They would obviously prefer to play the game of keeping Thaksin running here and running there instead of really trying to get him back here. Presumably, they prefer it this way.

the Interpol story was last year. came from your beloved and supported Abhisit government.

do you want me to look up for some links for you where u can read the story and demonstrate while doing that that you actually don't know so much about what the government does and what not.

look here for example:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/04/14...cs_30100467.php

similar news poped up now and then trough the year.

in the past thee was also a story that Thaksin isn't welcome in rhe UAE anymore and other disinformations.

this government is pathetic. trying to defend Abhisit and his team with more silly counter arguments is even more pathetic.

Although the crook Thaksin is an irritant any government needs to go through the motions of requesting the return of a wanted criminal.

However, whether he is sending videos from Dubai or stirring it up in Cambodia, as long as he doesn't get his fingers back in the Thailand state coffers we shall not fret too much.

The red apologists, however, would like to argue he is a political refugee. They do live in a parallel world don't they?

the Interpol story was last year. came from your beloved and supported Abhisit government.

do you want me to look up for some links for you where u can read the story and demonstrate while doing that that you actually don't know so much about what the government does and what not.

look here for example:

in the past thee was also a story that Thaksin isn't welcome in rhe UAE anymore and other disinformations.

this government is pathetic. trying to defend Abhisit and his team with more silly counter arguments is even more pathetic.

"An informed source said a formal request was submitted last week to Interpol headquarters in Lyon, France, because Thaksin was a "wanted person" in Thailand."

An Informed Source is hardly the government. And do you believe everything you read in The Nation. You hit it on the head with the "other disinformations".

And you've got it wrong about my "beloved Abhisit government". All I do is point out that they are legitimate. The only good thing I have ever said about them is that "they seem to be doing an OK job at the moment".

Interesting that Thaksin enjoys many of the things that he (and/or Thailand) explicitly forbade while he was PM: Namely:

Rainman, I don't think you read brahmburgers post properly. I'm sure Abhisit's 2 passports are in the same name. HOST COUNTRY - that means where Thaksin is living while he is not in Thailand. He can own property there, but foreigners can't own property here. Abhisit isn't a fugitive from justice. ANY amounts - there are rules about transferring certain amounts of money in and out of Thailand, not all amounts.

As 'Anotherpeter' correctly deduced, I was referring to the many privileges that Thaksin (and his family) enjoys while living overseas - which he and his administration didn't afford us farang who are living overseas in Thailand. I didn't us Abhisit in the comparison, because Abhisit doesn't rant on about maintaining restrictions on what foreigners can do, as Thaksin did ("the UN is not my father" etc.).

Doesn't it get tiresome being an apologist for such a scoundrel? Quite quixotic.

^well let's face it rainman is correct barring the insult. :D

I agree, he is right, but he loses me with all that pompus stuff :)

I'm not sure ND, I tihnk a number of people have misinterpreted what Bramhburgers actually posted.

Maybe so, MrToad, its quite possible with the way the conversation is bouncing from this to that and so forth.

UAE trusted to weigh mutual benefits than Thaksin

BANGKOK (NNT) -– Foreign Minister, Kasit Piromya, has voiced his confidence that the UAE would consider the overall mutual benefits between Thailand and the UAE upon the request to not allow ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to be sheltered in the country.

Mr Kasit stated that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had requested the UAE, via the Thai embassy in Abu Dhabi, to revise the decision to let the ousted prime minister reside in the country. He believed that the UAE would prioritize international relations rather than the interest of only one person.

The minister reasoned that Mr Thaksin had been using the UAE as his base to incite turmoil in Thailand and make movements against the current Thai government. He also regarded the ex-prime minister as a threat to democracy.

Mr Kasit continued to say that the case with the UAE would be different from Cambodia’s one. He believed that other countries would not take Cambodia as their example in making their decision.

Cambodia refused to extradite Mr Thaksin back to Thailand as requested by the Thai government but has appointed him economic advisor to the Cambodian government and personal advisor to Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen instead.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-03-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I cant help wondering what effect the foreign Thaskin apologists have on the attitudes of the Thai people and government towards foreigners. After all they accuse the present government of being illegal and call for its overthrow. They give support, encouragement and advocate the return to power of a convitcted criminal on the run from Thai justice. :)

Edited by waza

No I never said this is some well thought out long term plan.

They just got this English guy under wraps recently, and negotiations for BOTH cases,

and the start of extradition protocols are in the works, by several reports

That it might be better to wait until after the expected Red Rally discredits them with the public,

would have likely been considered part of someones consideration, knowing a discredited Thaksin,

and a discredited Redshirt protest group would be easier to manage outside prisons for months,

after he takes up residence there. I very much doubt that would not have crossed someones mind.

Long term plan, well this English guy isn't exactly in long term custody is he. Maybe a month.

UAE trusted to weigh mutual benefits than Thaksin

BANGKOK (NNT) -– Foreign Minister, Kasit Piromya, has voiced his confidence that the UAE would consider the overall mutual benefits between Thailand and the UAE upon the request to not allow ex-Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to be sheltered in the country.

Too bad they just can't extradite :)

look here for example:

"An informed source said a formal request was submitted last week to Interpol headquarters in Lyon, France, because Thaksin was a "wanted person" in Thailand."

An Informed Source is hardly the government. And do you believe everything you read in The Nation. You hit it on the head with the "other disinformations".

And you've got it wrong about my "beloved Abhisit government". All I do is point out that they are legitimate. The only good thing I have ever said about them is that "they seem to be doing an OK job at the moment".

there are a couple of other reports how the government will use or use interpol to get him.

e.g. "The government is taking every possible step to narrow the political space fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's has on the globe by using the Interpol and other diplomatic moves to corner him, a senior government official said yesterday." The Nation

i am surprised that you never heard of such measures by the government, there is obvious something you don't know or have no clue about and you take your own deficits to accuse me of disinformation, instead to get yourself informed.

okay, its not your beloved government, you said it before your are not yellow, not blue, have nothing against the reds you just don't like Thaksin. and that doesn't mean you a pro yellow or pro government or pro Junta. right?

and to the others:

if i point out where the flaws of the Abhisit government are, it will not make me to a Thaksin apologist.

As 'Anotherpeter' correctly deduced, I was referring to the many privileges that Thaksin (and his family) enjoys while living overseas - which he and his administration didn't afford us farang who are living overseas in Thailand. I didn't us Abhisit in the comparison, because Abhisit doesn't rant on about maintaining restrictions on what foreigners can do, as Thaksin did ("the UN is not my father" etc.).

Doesn't it get tiresome being an apologist for such a scoundrel? Quite quixotic.

why you don't just say that you are a grumpy hippie and you just don't like it here in Thailand and don't like Thai people.

the opportunity to travel with different passports or owning property and doing business in a host country, transferring money and so on is open to all Thais and not only Thaksin.

Can you imagine who had Thaksin in mind as his Father when he said the UN is it not? the UN a organisation certain other figures in thai politics aren't go that well along with. any other examples how Thaksin made the life of foreigners any harder? trying to be coherent ... didn't he get into problems when he start to conduct business with foreigners. doesn't the anti-thaksin team see that as one of his biggest crimes?

but doesn't matter, why not do a cheap shot at Thaksin, don't care how imbecile that argument will be or not.

i said in an other thread some of these anti-Thaksin arguments are so idiotic , that makes it impossible to joint the chant of the hate mob, even if i have my opinons against Thaksin too.