Latest 90 Day Reporting

deejah

I was fined two days after the initial date early in 2007. If I remember correctly there were Buddha days on the Friday and following Monday and I reported on the Tuesday. Nobody mentioned a grace period to me. My only comeback was that I pointed out that apparently I was expected to think ahead - something beyond the capability of the majority of Thai people around me. :) That brought a smile to the face of the very attractive Police Captain - well, I was harbouring impure thoughts about her and me!

yes fined after 2 days.

Do you mean 2 days after the initial date or after the 7 day grace period

I dont think there is a "grace" period. As with most immigration issues...it will be at the discretion of the officer dealing with you.

Although this was in Bangkok there was a "nice little earner" going on where people were getting a 2k fine for being 'overstay'. People assumed that going out the country In the summer (August) then coming back and starting again, as stated here was OK. The immigration told those, that they were overstayed' and took the money off more than 10 people I know. They all said, that the line for fines, each day was massive. A nice little earner and probably paid for that new building pass Laksi. I know that you are all shocked that the government would be pulling a scam? I do know that there is a 7 day grace, usually. But with everything it depends who you see and what day you go on.

:)

There is a window plus and minus 7 days.

From Immigration website. Here.

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or

2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or

3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.

4. The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.

5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.