Photo Impressions Red Shirt Rally March, 2010

monty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

Where is the best & safest place to go to take pictures? Not looking for rioting but would like to get pictures of army, riot police and red shirts. Anything going on near any of the BTS or MRT Stations?

Do remember that your embassy has very likely warned you against getting too close to political rallies in Thailand (and for good reason!)

Are you saying it's dangerous to go to the protest site? Journalists from all major news organizations do so quite happily. I'm not advocating that anyone disregards an embassy advice, however they're not mandatory to follow. :)

<snip>

Where is the best & safest place to go to take pictures? Not looking for rioting but would like to get pictures of army, riot police and red shirts. Anything going on near any of the BTS or MRT Stations?

Do remember that your embassy has very likely warned you against getting too close to political rallies in Thailand (and for good reason!)

Are you saying it's dangerous to go to the protest site? Journalists from all major news organizations do so quite happily. I'm not advocating that anyone disregards an embassy advice, however they're not mandatory to follow. :)

he probaly doesnt want him adding to the attendance

Here are lots of pictures from the rally: http://www.bangkokstories.com/

Nice pics, Fullservice, I hope these guys will have as much fun, as my wife and I had at the PAD Rally at Government House. I always get a warm feeling, when I think back. It is an awesome feeling, when you have that many people, in one place, having fun, regardless of the purpose or the rally or who is right or wrong. I've enjoyed the similar feelings at peace and anti-American rallies back home, too.

I just really hope, that is stays peaceful. Back when I was in Bangkok, people died, mostly because of cowardly acts of others (shooting grenades from a safe distance through our tent roof. :D I don't agree with what the reds stand for (bringing back Thaksin and absolving him of his crimes), but I do want to see everyone safe and having a good time. It's a good way to blow of some steam and at the same time, drawing some attention, to the poverty and injustices, of a lot of people living in the North, South and Isaan.

To me, it's a crime, for one guy to have Billions of dollars and the rest of the people just living above starvation, barely being able to put a roof over their heads.

That being said, I do want this government to continue, until the elections in 2011. Let's see, if they take the plight of the less fortunate to heart. If not, you can always vote them out, peacefully, in December 2011 :)

Thats it after seeing Monty's pictures I want to join the red shirts!!!!! :)

whatever turns you on :D

post-a107910-pan-pha-bridge-1.jpg

Just carnival. Have fun. Stupids then can admit their stupidity without shame...

All country have same funny people...yours no? or better only serious soldier havy armed?

&lt;deleted&gt;.. :)

Let me say it first.. That's beyond disgusting.

EDIT: I'm sorry I don't have a picture to post, I know this is for pics only. Wait, I'll dig up some good pics from my sources, but it's still disgusting. Just what his parents are thinking is beyond me. (Or what the health-care provider going along with it is thinking, for that matter.)

EDIT 2: Pictures added:

DSC_3305.jpg

DSC_3235.jpg

DSC_3172.jpg

DSC_3213.jpg

DSC_3191.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai