Red-shirts To Splash One Million Cc Of Blood On Govt House

george

This is such a stupid idea, I hope someone tells them about the possible dangers! In this heat as well with so much bacteria here in Bangkok, we have no idea what could happen. May god hope they consider the implications!

You seriously hope these people would consider? Anything? Get real. To be able to consider, anything, you need a functioning brain. Which these people, at least their leaders, do not have. And furthermore, as they don't have a working brain, they do not need to feed it with blood either. So they can gladly give it away. Sadly though that some of them will probably die from diseases eventually as there is no way they are going to keep one-time syringes for a lot of people. Their leaders won't take any responsibility for that either, of course. Just blame Abhisit, or the police or army. Or farangs.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pity to waste all that blood, especially since they often have shortages around the hospitals:/

They could help their Brothers and Sisters if they donated it to the hospitals and gain A LOT of brownie points at the same time...

Seems a lot of posters on this site that support the Red Shirts have about the same IQ as the average Red Shirt :)

1 Million cc is 1000 Litres or approximately 264 US Gallons / 219 Imperial (UK) Gallons.

And as the numbers are not reaching even 25% of the 1 million target, almost all red shirts will return to their homes bloodless... Blood donation day is when?

It is a disgusting idea and show the primitive mind of these so called Red "Leaders".

Nothing more to add, stupid enough that people follow the Fuehrer.

:D

As the shit collection has not reached the expectations: this is the new alternative... :):D:D

If I have learned anything this weekend it is when they say a million, expect 100,000!

But seriously, real blood? Heaven forbid that any of these people be HIV+

Many of course will have HIV and other blood infections, but not sure that is a big issue if they use clean needles. The cleaners will have to wear biohazard protection to clean it up. Yes, its a shameful stunt, that's for sure.

And instead of donating blood for other people, they are donating it like rain water! this is fantastic, I can't imagine how the rest of the world will take this. "Over 1 Million CC of blood poured around a building".

Did they say at 6pm? How long do you think it takes to collect 1000 litres of blood. The red leaders should donate first and they should take just one litre from each ot them, that would calm them dwon a bit.

And instead of donating blood for other people, they are donating it like rain water! this is fantastic, I can't imagine how the rest of the world will take this. "Over 1 Million CC of blood poured around a building".

Did they say at 6pm? How long do you think it takes to collect 1000 litres of blood. The red leaders should donate first and they should take just one litre from each ot them, that would calm them dwon a bit.

Oh, yes, and please throw it away.

If a few weeks after this "mass blood donation" (do they have sterilized needles? How many? Nurses/doctors at hand?) a bunch of people find out that they have infected themselves with HIV or other diseases, will the red leaders then blame that on Abhisit, too?

I can see the case of the RED shirts already.

100,000 RED shirts infecting themselves freely with HIV

then

walking on Sukhumvit, Soi Cowboy and Nana plaza and infect these fahrangs who are PRO YELLOW,

and finaly

next year

NO TOURISM in Thailand because of the high risk of HIV infection.

GENIOUS PLAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wouldn't say it was absolute stupidity - desperate maybe. Symbolically it will be very powerful while still being non violent. It will definitely get the attention of international media.

The international media - particularly the BBC - is making this protest to overthrow the present government as huge protest of masses of poor people being oppressed an oppressive dicattorial military government. 100,000 of 60 million marching for "justice" in Bangkok. CNN mentioned that many of them were paid to protest. The latest by the BBC didn't mention it. So whatever the Thai government does, it will be condemned by the rest of the world. It is human nature for the majority of people around the world to take the side of the oppressed (unless they are Palestinians of course).

This is such a stupid idea, I hope someone tells them about the possible dangers! In this heat as well with so much bacteria here in Bangkok, we have no idea what could happen. May god hope they consider the implications!

The main health danger would be when removing the blood due to cross contamination. It will dry out very quickly and probably won't smell so good for a short while.

Blood is not full of bacteria in healthy people, it's actually sterile.

Even though blood is not full of bacteria, skin, needles, and dust is, and in this heat it would multiply quicker than normal.

Also the blood has viruses such as bird flu, swine flu, influenza, HIV/AIDS, etc which with spread with the contamination of only one needle.

BTW...i still dont believe they are gonna use real blood, they might use paint, or animal blood and say that its blood just to prove point :):D

Hi.

"Collective Stupidity" seems to be another term that can be trademarked by that crowd of people. Do they have any idea how many lives can be saved if that blood is donated to hospitals??

I wonder what kind of power their "leaders" have to drum such ideas into essentially harmless protesters. Someone (army?) should walk in there and take those "leaders" off the stage and throw them into the deepest hole they can find, then let the rest of the crowd enjoy their peaceful party.

If a few weeks after this "mass blood donation" (do they have sterilized needles? How many? Nurses/doctors at hand?) a bunch of people find out that they have infected themselves with HIV or other diseases, will the red leaders then blame that on Abhisit, too?

I can only shake my head at this display of, yes, Collective Stupidity.

Best regards......

Thanh

It never ceases to amaze me how many people hid in the shadow of the internet and call people the most vile names.

A solution to the current problem cannot be found in insults or name calling. Stope the endless and sensless name calling.

Negotiate! Fix the erro that was made when an election was bypasses when the court and the Army declared no confidence in the previous government as is practeced by all legitimate parlimentary governments.

I was disappointed earlier this afternoon when the PM declared that they didn't know how to dissolve the Parliment and hold elections so quickly. What would he if the PM's this morning voted no confidence in his administration? I suggest he would have had no choice except to consult the constitution on the process and put a new election in 3-4 months. If he were following the constitution that is what he would do. Then again, maybe he would forget the constitution and us the court or the Army. I relly don't know.

The only sure thing is that rational people on both side need to be working on a solution to end the conflict and restore peace to Thailand.

Don't be part of the Problem! Be part of a real solution that does not disenfranchise a pluarity of Thai voter!

WOW, That's almost five 55 gallon drums full of blood.

Yes, this would make quite a mess, I doubt their plan to collect this much blood is based on anything more than fantasy though.

I'd guess if they do anything like this it will involve some kind of printers ink.

The only sure thing is that rational people on both side need to be working on a solution to end the conflict and restore peace to Thailand.

Agreed. "Rational" is the key word here. Are leaders of a movement who propose collecting and spilling thousands of litres of human blood on the street to be considered "rational"? I think not.

Agreed. "Rational" is the key word here. Are leaders of a movement who propose collecting and spilling thousands of litres of human blood on the street to be considered "rational"? I think not.

Exactly. You can't negotiate with a group who has someone as irrational as Thaksin as their leader, who has made it clear it is all or nothing. The only rational answer to such thuggery -- NOTHING!

i wouldn't say it was absolute stupidity - desperate maybe. Symbolically it will be very powerful while still being non violent. It will definitely get the attention of international media.

The international media - particularly the BBC - is making this protest to overthrow the present government as huge protest of masses of poor people being oppressed an oppressive dicattorial military government. 100,000 of 60 million marching for "justice" in Bangkok. CNN mentioned that many of them were paid to protest. The latest by the BBC didn't mention it. So whatever the Thai government does, it will be condemned by the rest of the world. It is human nature for the majority of people around the world to take the side of the oppressed (unless they are Palestinians of course).

You totally missed the point. You do not get to make decisions independly in a legitimate parlimentary government. The masses vote and the votes are tallied. If you have a pluarality of the votes you then are allowed to form a government.

It is wrong for any small number of people to disenfranchise a pluarality of voters by cancelling their vote and determine who runs the new government.

Correct the error that occurred by not allowing a new election when the court and Army essentially declared no confidence of the previous government and disenfranchised the pluarality of voters who elected the previous government.

A new election is required to correct this error.

Don't be a part of the problem! Be part of a solution that gives Thailand a legitimate government!

I can picture the thought process of going along the lines of being shamed at not gathering one million people, so I know, we'll cover their house in a million cc's of blood.

Its a sad desperate act. Its good that they seemingly don't want to cause violence (albeit questions over the grenade attack still need to be answered) but without the numbers and the violence they can not get what they want. If there is only one item on their agenda then they can not negotiate either.

If they were smart they would use this protest as a launch pad to air their various grievances, eg. secure more assistance for the rural population, get some guarantees about education and healthcare standards, assistance with debt etc. But No, because their dear leader wants one thing and one thing only, power!

Edited by quiksilva

So now it's biological warfare?

Although I am sure that you comment was tongue in cheek, that's not as far fetched as it may sound.

Back in the medieval days, when laying siege upon an enemy castle armies were known to catapult the rotting carcases of animals over the walls in order to spread disease.

In Thailand they use excreta although local soi dogs would do just as good a job and also solve the excess dog problem of Bangkok