Thai Court Sentenced Briton To 14 Year Jail For Having Sex With Underage Boys

webfact

Let's be careful about references to gays. There are a variety of reasons why people take what is considered an abnormal interest in children. Pedophiles who chose male victims generally are fixated pedophiles. They have generally experienced some form of trauma in their own life and they stop developing psychologically at that age. The victims they chose are usually at the age they experienced their own trauma. The age of their victims is usually narrow and once the child gets a year or so older, the perpetrator has no more interest in them and moves on to a new victim. The victim more or less out grows the perpetrator.

Regressed pedophiles are usually attracted to the opposite sex and they are usually people who are experiencing a trauma as an adult that they can't cope with. They literally respond to their crisis by finding young victims. Regressed pedophiles can be treated. Fixated ones cannot.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Any attempt to legitimise the loony ravings of D.Icke as mentioned on this forum are not worthy of repitition..... not even laughable if you check (briefly, believe me) his web prattle.

One of the things I love about public, anonymous forums, is just how much you learn about humans and how they really function. This person has committed a crime, that is wrong, and detestable and he has been punished by 14 years in a Thai jail. He is definitely going to pay his debt to both the victims and society in general. That is the end of it. The courts rule, they punish, end of story. What I find amazing are all the replies of 'burn him', 'cut his balls off', 'I hope flies lay maggots in his face' (<deleted>!), 'bum him' etc etc etc. The criminal has a real problem that has been dealt with severely. But some of the posters on here also seem to have severe psychological problems, with issues of violence and sexual abuse of others. Wake up and smell the coffee guy's, some of you are thinking/wishing things which are sooo wrong!

As we do not know the exact circumstances It is crazy to be forcasting the horrendous life and future ahead for theae two lads. With the current case in question, I cannot get in to my head the 'why'? aspect. Just why, why does a 47 year old man want to do this, I can't understand. But to get a grip on reality, if there was anything consensual in this then maybe the damage is not as some consider. I had my first BJ at the age of 12, and compared to other lads in my class, I was a late starter. Granted it was with 'Millie' who was 13 and clearly knew what she was doing. Getting one of those a week for three months, probably qualified for the best time in my life. I also had a crush on my teacher, Mrs Wainwright, and if in my wildest dreams this 40 year old woman had 'taken me' I would have thought I had died and gone to heaven (obviously, as I still remember her now), I still recall not eating for two weeks and crying my eyes out when she left when I was 13.

Times and social attitudes have changed. Some may still remember Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith. It was in the newspapers for weeks, with photos of the sexy young Mandy in the center pages of the Sunday papers. She was 13 years old!! <deleted>!. Nobody did anything about it, even her mother was interviewed. Thankfully we have moved on since the 70's and I for one am glad that the guy concerned in this case is behind bars, and that is it. I am also glad that living in Thailand I can have a 'normal' life with my two kids. I can take photos of them in the park or the swimming pool, I can have a bath with them. If I see another child fall over or having lost his parents, crying, I can pick him up and comfort him, and when his parents find him/her, they thank me instead of calling the police as they would in the UK.

The best post on this thread in reply to the original news item is the one on the first page that simply says 'GOOD"!, and some of you need to reflect as there appears to be some very dark places in some of your minds.

Edited by Tigs

OK, putting some "fear" into someones mind can work as a deterrent. But the problem with paedophiles is that there is a much stronger drive which makes them forget that.

I totally agree. There is a myriad of reasons why people are attracted to children, including the possibilty of actual physical damage to the brain,glands etc. Many people who have severe head injuries, while not becoming paedophiles, report a shift in their view of the world and people, it is possible that paedophilia is from braindamage caused in the womb.

One thing I shy away from is the '' that person was abused, and then went on to abuse". That happens in some cases, but I worked as a counsellor for years and dealt with people who had this in their childhood history, and were so horrified by their childhood trauma that they became celibate in adulthood & couldnt even glance at fully clothes children in the supermarket etc.

My point was more responding to the 'fear as deterrant' & the medieval way etc. which was applied to everything from stealing apples on up.

One of the things I love about public, anonymous forums, is just how much you learn about humans and how they really function. This person has committed a crime, that is wrong, and detestable and he has been punished by 14 years in a Thai jail. He is definitely going to pay his debt to both the victims and society in general. That is the end of it. The courts rule, they punish, end of story. What I find amazing are all the replies of 'burn him', 'cut his balls off', 'I hope flies lay maggots in his face' (<deleted>!), 'bum him' etc etc etc. The criminal has a real problem that has been dealt with severely. But some of the posters on here also seem to have severe psychological problems, with issues of violence and sexual abuse of others. Wake up and smell the coffee guy's, some of you are thinking/wishing things which are sooo wrong!

As we do not know the exact circumstances It is crazy to be forcasting the horrendous life and future ahead for theae two lads. With the current case in question, I cannot get in to my head the 'why'? aspect. Just why, why does a 47 year old man want to do this, I can't understand. But to get a grip on reality, if there was anything consensual in this then maybe the damage is not as some consider. I had my first BJ at the age of 12, and compared to other lads in my class, I was a late starter. Granted it was with 'Millie' who was 13 and clearly knew what she was doing. Getting one of those a week for three months, probably qualified for the best time in my life. I also had a crush on my teacher, Mrs Wainwright, and if in my wildest dreams this 40 year old woman had 'taken me' I would have thought I had died and gone to heaven (obviously, as I still remember her now), I still recall not eating for two weeks and crying my eyes out when she left when I was 13.

Times and social attitudes have changed. Some may still remember Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith. It was in the newspapers for weeks, with photos of the sexy young Mandy in the center pages of the Sunday papers. She was 13 years old!! <deleted>!. Nobody did anything about it, even her mother was interviewed. Thankfully we have moved on since the 70's and I for one am glad that the guy concerned in this case is behind bars, and that is it. I am also glad that living in Thailand I can have a 'normal' life with my two kids. I can take photos of them in the park or the swimming pool, I can have a bath with them. If I see another child fall over or having lost his parents, crying, I can pick him up and comfort him, and when his parents find him/her, they thank me instead of calling the police as they would in the UK.

The best post on this thread in reply to the original news item is the one on the first page that simply says 'GOOD"!, and some of you need to reflect as there appears to be some very dark places in some of your minds.

precisely..sicker are creatures on here getting off on another man's punishment and wishing brutal misfortune upon people. he'll pay, so let it rest.

good point about being able to have a normal and less uptight life here, where if you discipline your kid, its not seen as child abuse or any other ridiculous accusations.

OK, putting some "fear" into someones mind can work as a deterrent. But the problem with paedophiles is that there is a much stronger drive which makes them forget that.

I totally agree. There is a myriad of reasons why people are attracted to children, including the possibilty of actual physical damage to the brain,glands etc. Many people who have severe head injuries, while not becoming paedophiles, report a shift in their view of the world and people, it is possible that paedophilia is from braindamage caused in the womb.

One thing I shy away from is the '' that person was abused, and then went on to abuse". That happens in some cases, but I worked as a counsellor for years and dealt with people who had this in their childhood history, and were so horrified by their childhood trauma that they became celibate in adulthood & couldnt even glance at fully clothes children in the supermarket etc.

My point was more responding to the 'fear as deterrant' & the medieval way etc. which was applied to everything from stealing apples on up.

Don't worry, I understood what you were saying.

And as for reasons.....it is buried in the individual mind, something others will never be able to comprehend and just wonder about and can only guess. As I do.

David Icke's a well-known nutcase. He claimed to be the Messiah a few years ago. I wouldn't take much notice of his paranoid delusional psychotic rantings.

Some of his crazy rants about big brother and the banking syste have come true.

Still kids are far more likely to get fiddled with by a family member or friend of the family, this is going to be the tough nut to crack.

Needs to have is balls chopped of, people like that should not be allowed in this country.

Should not be allowed in ANY country. But such cretins are usually devious and cunning enough to go undetected for inordinate lengths of time. Your suggestion about chopping off his balls is worth consideration. At least that might help to curb his despicable desires AND CONSEQUENT ACTIONS. :)

several off-topic posts and replies to it deleted.

Be reminded this topic is not about the Catholic church.

We have asked at the topic start to keep it civil.

It seems members cant follow our request.

Next off-topic or hang 'em high posters will earn a suspension.

Thank you for your cooperation

This happened in 2004 ? I hope that this is an error.

Where has he been, and what has he been up to for the last six years ?

^monkey house I would suspect.

Wrong, he's been arrested during that time at least twice on similar charges, including the Thai/British Police operation Naga in 2008. This may also explain the Penal Code approach, not the Prostitution tack.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

I feel absolutely sick to my stomach, when I hear about these vile acts that European men come to SE Asia for. As a wife and Mum of an English family, who visit Thailand every year for the right reasons, I cannot help but eye suspiciously, middle to old age men travelling on their own, on the planes to Bangkok. However, a couple of years ago, my husband travelled one week earlier than us, to start tracking down furniture for a condo we had just bought. He hated being on his own and he said it was such a different place without us. After being propositioned on an escalator of all things and young Thai men remarking what a beautiful colour his silver hair was, he ended up staying in the hotel at night. I know you can’t compare this to the abuse of little boys and some will probably think what a Prat and find it hilarious, that’s Thailand for you. But families enjoying holidays is what you want there ,not dirty old men.

This is such a can of worms issue. Yes, there are sexually aggressive children. In Thailand and everywhere. If you haven't ever seen that, you don't get out much. Children are not always as "innocent" as adults like to imagine. I also agree in Thailand there is a certain amount of entrapment going on with borderline underage age people lying about their age and carrying fake ID cards. In any case, none of that matters for a number of reasons. The adults are the adults and they have the responsibility to say no. Sadly, there are indeed some adults who have no control over these impulses, and of course it ruins their life (they usually get caught eventually) and of course harms children. I mentioned before that it is my understanding not all children are psychologically harmed (depending on their age, the circumstances, their personality); however, none of that matters, the adult is responsible if he crosses the line. Also about the damage, it isn't always apparent soon after the abuse. It can indeed show up years later.

Edited by Jingthing

Burn him! 14 years not enough! Let him rot in jail! Cut off his balls!

I hear so much hatred here and so little compassion. Could this be because he molested boys perhaps? If he had sex with 12 y.o. girls would the altitude here be somehow different? We all know that 12 y.o. girls can actually be quite developed by then and in some countries are even known to marry and have babies at this age.

And what about the Catholic priests in Europe who molest altar boys and get away with it? And they often do it from the position of power and authority making resistance or reporting it very difficult. I don't hear much about them being sent to 14 years of jail. I don't hear many in this forum vowing to cut balls of those priests. Could this be because they are, priests not balls, too close to skin? But an ageing monster-gay-pedophile in Thailand is so far removed from the people here that everybody wants him to burn in hel_l for eternity?

And nobody even think for a minute about how he accomplished what he did. Did he use force to molest these boys? Did he gag them so they couldn’t scream for help? Or did they go willingly with him for the promise of some money perhaps? Maybe they also knew what they were doing and consented to it since 12 y.o. kid is not exactly a baby. I’m NOT saying that it’s right to have sex with a 12 y.o but if the above was the case is 14 years rotting in jail, cutting off balls, burning alive a little bit though perhaps?

Or shall compassion and tolerance be reserved only for people exactly like us?

Well said, notime.

Frankly, some of the nonsense posted here makes me wonder who the real "perverts" are.

Lots of reasons have been put forward to me , like it was bartering back then & so you couldnt walk off with lots of cash etc. & people werent unemployed, they were adopted by local craftsperson & trained in a life-time craft.We dont live in small villages anymore where everybody knows all the neighbours, and it is easier to commit violent or sexual crime against an anonymous stranger in a large city where people have been reduced to faceless numbers.

You obviously have never lived in an Isaan village; the rate of violence, abuse, etc is sheer unbelievable. There seems to be a great deal of romanticism happening with regard to 'rural communities' or the 'noble natives'.

There you better not be female, handicapped and living alone or female and having parents in great financial need or maybe a leery neighbor who happens to be the village headman or the local policeman. Even being close family does not prevent the worst crimes happening openly in front of everybody.

This does not conflict with them being the nicest people one could know, helpful and friendly (by daylight and not drunk).

Alas, none of this has anything to do with a deplorable crime committed by a foreigner in this country. For once the sentence, 'when in Rome do as the Romans do' is very wrong.

When you are of age, do whom ever you choose and chooses you, in a safe way.

Under age is out of bounds, off limits verboten and disgusting,

and so diddlers / nonces / pedophiles should get no quarter or sympathy.

14 years is just, regardless if they consented or not.

At least the Thai courts are not letting this type of thing slide.

Good sentence.

However, it says in the article that molesting kids under 15 gets the 12 years. I thought the legal age is 18 in Thailand and it a statutory rape to have sex with anyone under 18? Or do you get harsher sentence for molesting younger ones, that would make sense I think...

In any case good to see that justice is done.

Age of consent in Thailand is 15, however if a foreigner is involved it is assumed that money is paid and the law that applies over 15 but under 18 is, corrupting the morals of a minor and leading a minor into prostitution.

Edited by Foodie

Lots of reasons have been put forward to me , like it was bartering back then & so you couldnt walk off with lots of cash etc. & people werent unemployed, they were adopted by local craftsperson & trained in a life-time craft.We dont live in small villages anymore where everybody knows all the neighbours, and it is easier to commit violent or sexual crime against an anonymous stranger in a large city where people have been reduced to faceless numbers.

You obviously have never lived in an Isaan village; the rate of violence, abuse, etc is sheer unbelievable. There seems to be a great deal of romanticism happening with regard to 'rural communities' or the 'noble natives'.

There you better not be female, handicapped and living alone or female and having parents in great financial need or maybe a leery neighbor who happens to be the village headman or the local policeman. Even being close family does not prevent the worst crimes happening openly in front of everybody.

This does not conflict with them being the nicest people one could know, helpful and friendly (by daylight and not drunk).

Alas, none of this has anything to do with a deplorable crime committed by a foreigner in this country. For once the sentence, 'when in Rome do as the Romans do' is very wrong.

I agree, it is wrong to think everything was skipping through happy meadows, holding hands and fairies playing flutes etc.

I agree that modern village life, be it in Europe or Asia, is not the same as the village-life of which I speak. In England, I lived in a village which had almost startling shocking alcoholism, I've never seen so many drunken cavemen smashing each others heads in, all surrounded by lovely rolling countryside.

My point, earlier tribes, were not the same as us. They did not have village headman of which you speak, they were matrifocal ie. Goddess-worshipping. Even the tribes who had male Gods, had them as part of a pantheonic dynasty often headed by a female goddess. Women in older cultures were infact respected members of the community, for the very obvious reasons that they gave birth to the community.

Alcohol was also a rarity back then, before the discovery of distillation, it was weak at best.

There is evidence that tribes survived by not by being drunken, violent abusers, like the villagers of which you speak. No tribe could crossed the ice-sheets or survived the hardships of paleolithic times if they didn't have core values of respect for motherhood and children etc. They didn't have pick-up trucks or anything, like the rurals do today. They made their own tools etc. I personally believe that a person who is occupied with a craft is less likely to act like a violent drunken abuser. Idle hands, and all that.

After being propositioned on an escalator of all things and young Thai men remarking what a beautiful colour his silver hair was, he ended up staying in the hotel at night. I know you can’t compare this to the abuse of little boys and some will probably think what a Prat and find it hilarious, that’s Thailand for you.

Yes - I find that quite amusing. :) Just have fun with it and politely decline the offer and move on. Jeez some people make situations harder than what they are.

14 years? That's not enough for such kind of crime.

THANKS to all upholders of moral standards here! Hope you all know that this is not just happend for molesting BOYS, its also happend if someone is molesting GIRLS!!!

I find it disgusting how some Farangs behave in Thailand, specially these guys with girlfriends which were not even born when they celebrate their 40th birthday!

I have a girl working in our restaurant, she is 20 but looks like a 14 y.o. and I see old Farangs all day long with salivary juice dropping out of their mouth :)

I hear so much hatred here and so little compassion. Could this be because he molested boys perhaps? If he had sex with 12 y.o. girls would the altitude here be somehow different? We all know that 12 y.o. girls can actually be quite developed by then and in some countries are even known to marry and have babies at this age.

And what about the Catholic priests in Europe who molest altar boys and get away with it? And they often do it from the position of power and authority making resistance or reporting it very difficult. I don't hear much about them being sent to 14 years of jail. I don't hear many in this forum vowing to cut balls of those priests. Could this be because they are, priests not balls, too close to skin? But an ageing monster-gay-pedophile in Thailand is so far removed from the people here that everybody wants him to burn in hel_l for eternity?

And nobody even think for a minute about how he accomplished what he did. Did he use force to molest these boys? Did he gag them so they couldn't scream for help? Or did they go willingly with him for the promise of some money perhaps? Maybe they also knew what they were doing and consented to it since 12 y.o. kid is not exactly a baby. I'm NOT saying that it's right to have sex with a 12 y.o but if the above was the case is 14 years rotting in jail, cutting off balls, burning alive a little bit though perhaps?

Yes right, and its very interesting to read about the legal minimum age through the world ... especially for :

SPAIN : 13 years ! and Vatican : 12 years !!!

Pedos better can go to Spain //deleted by Admin//

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_conse...e#Vatican_State

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

and in some parts of the world the age of consent is : 9 YEARS ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Age_of_Consent.png

and even : NO LAW !!!!

I don't understand what pedo's are doing here in Thailand where the legarl minimum age is 15 but 18 (for farangs) !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_conse...n_Asia#Thailand

And nobody even think for a minute about how he accomplished what he did. Did he use force to molest these boys? Did he gag them so they couldn't scream for help? Or did they go willingly with him for the promise of some money perhaps? Maybe they also knew what they were doing and consented to it since 12 y.o. kid is not exactly a baby. I'm NOT saying that it's right to have sex with a 12 y.o but if the above was the case is 14 years rotting in jail, cutting off balls, burning alive a little bit though perhaps?

Yes right, and its very interesting to read about the legal minimum age through the world ... especially for :

Pedos better can go to Spain //deleted by Admin//

I don't understand what pedo's are doing here in Thailand where the legarl minimum age is 15 but 18 (for farangs) !!!

Scary and Lunatic Laws,methinks....YUK.

Pedos better can go to Spain //deleted Admin//

Scary and Lunatic Laws,methinks....YUK.

Reading a few of the Wiki articles referred to has shortened my list of holiday destinations somewhat....... not nice.