More Food Talk!

aussiechick

Just thought I would pass this on as I think it is a great deal. Jamesons are now doing weekly specials and this is the menu forthis week:

3 courses 255 Baht / 2 courses 230 Baht / 1 course 195 Baht STARTER MAIN COURSE

Stuffed Baked Tomato with Rice and Chilli

Or

Baked Mussels in White Wine

Or

Egg Cheese OmeletBaked Honey Glazed Ham

With Double Fried Egg and Chips

Or

Chicken Tikka Masala Curry

With Poppadom and Rice

Or

Bread crumbed Asia/West John Dory Fish Fillet

With Chips

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DESSERT

Deep fried Bananas with Cream

Or

Plate of Mixed Fruits

Or

Ice Cream Fruit Salad Sundae

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the latest special food offers at Jameson's.

I don't quite think that it is a 'great deal' though: If I opted for my personal favourite; 'egg cheese omelet' then I would face a bill of 195 baht' that is 4 quid in English money!

:)

Thanks for the heads-up regarding the latest special food offers at Jameson's.

I don't quite think that it is a 'great deal' though: If I opted for my personal favourite; 'egg cheese omelet' then I would face a bill of 195 baht' that is 4 quid in English money!

:)

syd - you would just have to have the starter and then a dessert for an extra 35 baht. That's better value.

Unfortunately some of the more dissapointing meals I have had in Pattaya have been in Jamesons, you go in expecting a good standard of food but on many occasions Jamesons dissapoints, much better fare in the P & W IMO.

Also the carvery has to be one of the more dissapointing carvery's in town, nowhere near as good as the Sportsmans on Soi 13.

not bad for a fiver but who would go there when it is so far out of the way in a dingy soi . i been in patts 12 yr and still havent ventured into the place once

It is a bit out of the way, but generally I have a good few beers on Soi 6 then it's a steady ten minute walk and the walk gives you an appetite.

I used to go quite a bit for the Fish & Chips on a Friday.

The beer 'Happy Hour' starts at 1600 or 1630, I forget.

Anyway, it's worth a trip one day 'dmax'.

not bad for a fiver but who would go there when it is so far out of the way in a dingy soi . i been in patts 12 yr and still havent ventured into the place once

dingy soi? in front of Nova Park Hotel - beside Amari across from Nova Golf and just down the road from Big C. Sorry I don't understand dingy soi. Walking distance from 2nd road, in fact I walk from 3rd road to there quite often past the temple and the apartments and yes there are some wooden dwellings that aren't in the best condition but I can't see the evidence of dingy soi..

Just before anyone asks - the first three on the menu are the starters. The baked honey glazed ham is the start of the choices of main meals.

Don't know what I did and can't fix it :)

Just thought I would pass this on as I think it is a great deal. Jamesons are now doing weekly specials and this is the menu for this week:

3 courses 255 Baht / 2 courses 230 Baht / 1 course 195 Baht

A. STARTERS

1. Stuffed Baked Tomato with Rice and Chilli

Or

2. Baked Mussels in White Wine

Or

3. Egg Cheese Omelet

B. MAIN COURSES

1. Baked Honey Glazed Ham

With Double Fried Egg and Chips

Or

2. Chicken Tikka Masala Curry

With Poppadom and Rice

Or

3. Bread crumbed Asia/West John Dory Fish Fillet

With Chips

C. DESSERTS

1. Deep fried Bananas with Cream

Or

2. Plate of Mixed Fruits

Or

3. Ice Cream Fruit Salad Sundae

OK mai?

Edited by Thailaw

Jamesons. Poor quality food at prices that would be no more than OK if the food was any good. Plus the beer prices are extortionate. Location is back end of a dingy Soi. No real reason to go there except if a rugby international is on.

I had heard it was in trouble and I think this thread confirms it...

Well, to be fair, you can't argue with that price...nice enough bar if Irish replica bars are your thing..

Although, like Shenanigans, seems to attract a certain type of irritating "professional" expat who all seem to drive Toyota Fortuners and are generally full of crap...

Edited by William Osborne

Well, to be fair, you can't argue with that price...nice enough bar if Irish replica bars are your thing..

Although, like Shenanigans, seems to attract a certain type of irritating "professional" expat who all seem to drive Toyota Fortuners and are generally full of crap...

I DO NOT drive a Toyota Fortuner!!!

I DO NOT drive a Toyota Fortuner!!!

A black Toyota Pre-runner perhaps ??? with the customary alloys ...

Jamesons. Poor quality food at prices that would be no more than OK if the food was any good. Plus the beer prices are extortionate. Location is back end of a dingy Soi. No real reason to go there except if a rugby international is on.

I had heard it was in trouble and I think this thread confirms it...

Why is Jameson's in trouble? Or are you just trying to start a rumour?

It has always had food specials - it has now changed to weekly instead of daily.

Bottled beer is Baht 100 - cheaper than some bars on Walking Street. It has happy hour on draught beer from 4:30 - 7:00p.m. where a pint of Heineken or Tiger is Baht 90 and a half pint Baht 50. I still don't understand this "dingy" soi scenario either!

No - I am not involved with Jamesons just a semi regular customer who enjoys the place and the company! Yes, and also the Rugby, the Moto GP and State of Origin matches!!!

Tell me Aussiechock why is nobody allowed to have an opinion but you?

If as you say you have no financial connection with the establishments and you are merely a butterfly looking to spread some good as you pass through this world surely you could accommodate the fact that others have a different opinion to yours?

By the way most bars that are not on Walking Street have cheaper beer prices that bars on Walking Street or had you just not noticed that?

Edited by Rimmer
Flames edited out by RIMMER and the tone moderated

I can say that the food at Jameson's is always good. The only disappointment I've ever had there is when the beef & Guiness pie disappeared from the menu. I miss it!!

Location is not a big deal. Its quite convenient to my home, and right in between 2nd and 3rd Rd. Besides, show me a place in Pattaya that has an ideal location?

To each his own! Bon appetit!

Tell me Aussiechock why is nobody allowed to have an opinion but you?

just had a read back at ausiechicks posts here & i can't see where she is saying only she can have an opinion. She has given hers, you have given yours & others have given theirs. This is what a discussion forum is about.

It is a bit out of the way, but generally I have a good few beers on Soi 6 then it's a steady ten minute walk and the walk gives you an appetite.

But the thing is, the Queen Vic would be only a 30 second walk from any bar on Soi 6, unless you got pulled in somewhere along the way.

Are these Weekly Specials available all day? Only lunchtime? Only evening?

And are they available on the Saturday and Sunday Carvery days?

My question too.

However, not a bad price.

It is a shame about the location of Jamesons.

I hear the food is mediocre.

Midday to midnight the weekly specials are available. I guess as the dates say 15 - 21 March that must include Sat and Sunday. BTW on Saturday is All U Can Eat Curry Night!

Edited by aussiechick