Big Fight Hollywood - Maybe 1 Dead

phuketrex

Friend witnessed a huge fight last night. Said it started top of the steps at the entrance to Hollywood. 5 farangs he thinks were Italian started fighting with the doormen. Spilled down the steps onto Bangla road. Thais were breaking sticks to get sharp points and were stabbing the farangs. One farang left in a pool of blood possibly dead :-(

Bad news and i hope no one did die. But the bad news is , is that if a Farang did get killed by a load of Thai'ss. The police will cover it up and say he was killed by another Farang, they will say the other Farang has left Thailand and no one will be charged. Its a shame they dont warn people in the Travel books to Thailand how danagours and backwards the place really is. I have heard of a few times of Thai's and Farangs getting into arguements. Then if a fight does happpen it seems to be fine for all the Thai's who see it to join in and try to kill the Farang. It really is a backwards place..... but hey thats what happens on islands where its ok for cousins to marry eachother !!! Thai people from BKK with brains need to come down here and sort this place out and samui to. These Tourist islands are run with fear by familys who cant even spell there own names its not a good mix.

Give a fish money and power and it doesnt have a clue what to do with it. Same for the local islanders.

Edited by dave30

Bad news and i hope no one did die. But the bad news is , is that if a Farang did get killed by a load of Thai'ss. The police will cover it up and say he was killed by another Farang, they will say the other Farang has left Thailand and no one will be charged. Its a shame they dont warn people in the Travel books to Thailand how danagours and backwards the place really is. I have heard of a few times of Thai's and Farangs getting into arguements. Then if a fight does happpen it seems to be fine for all the Thai's who see it to join in and try to kill the Farang. It really is a backwards place..... but hey thats what happens on islands where its ok for cousins to marry eachother !!! Thai people from BKK with brains need to come down here and sort this place out and samui to. These Tourist islands are run with fear by familys who cant even spell there own names its not a good mix.

Give a fish money and power and it doesnt have a clue what to do with it. Same for the local islanders.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

From another forum>>>

"Apparently it started at Seduction with one French man punching another, one a tourist and the other an expat. Then at Hollywood they saw each other and it was on. One of them stabbed the other and he died at the scene. Not sure if it was the tourist or expat killed one of the French guys was apparently either a body builder or a rather large man!"

Thats going to be hard work,finding thais in Bangkok with brains.Now if you had said find a thai thats purchased a university degree then that will be easy.

reminder of our forums rules on making derogatory comments about thai people. Shouldn't be necessary really, especially if the reports are true & this was farang on farang violence with no thai involvement.

No, the Thai Police will say the farang snapped a stick in half, to get a sharp point, and then stabbed himself with it, somehow, 30 times. Suicide - case closed.

Do you have the link?

Not allowed in Thaivisa Rules.

Rule 31) All members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Associated Press (AP), bangkokpost.com or phuketwan inside topics on thaivisa.com. Posts containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Links referring back to the sites are also not allowed and will be deleted.

Reports mention that the new Colonel Somchai stated that nobody has died (yet) but there was at least one ‘broken-head.’ By this I’m assuming ‘broken-brains’ and therefore at least 99% of the inhabitants on the island will require interview. :)

From another forum>>>

"Apparently it started at Seduction with one French man punching another, one a tourist and the other an expat. Then at Hollywood they saw each other and it was on. One of them stabbed the other and he died at the scene. Not sure if it was the tourist or expat killed one of the French guys was apparently either a body builder or a rather large man!"

Thats OK just French & Italians who cares silly ****s should keep it at home Mama Mia Mon Dieu!

Do you think someone could tell whoever runs the Phuket Gazette that some farang was killed in Phuket recently and it might make a good story that would interest readers. At least a link to the story - sanitised or not - would be permitted by our masters.

So then, based on hearsay, rumors, speculation, sketchy media reports, and equally sketchy police statements, we can surmise that something may or may not have happened. It may or may not have involved Italians or French tourists and Thai bouncers, someone may or may not have been stabbed, and someone may or may not have died.

Got it. :)

So then, based on hearsay, rumors, speculation, sketchy media reports, and equally sketchy police statements, we can surmise that something may or may not have happened. It may or may not have involved Italians or French tourists and Thai bouncers, someone may or may not have been stabbed, and someone may or may not have died.

Got it. :)

Welcome to Thai reporting of bad news..

The bouncers of Hollywood had a major ruck with a bunch of farangs (10 plus bouncers v 5ish farangs), who seem to be french arabs (hence the italian / iranian / etc guesses).. The bouncers ended up messing them up big time with one farang left in a pool of blood. The farang on farang is either a cover story or what started it but not what ended it.

I think thats a fair summation.

Lets hear more from your eyewitness friends. Some very glaring differences.

My friends say that the fight was farang v farang is bullsh1t. It was definitely the Hollywood Thai security staff fighting with the farangs initially inside Hollywood using broken broom handles. There were 5 farangs...all big guys. It carried on down the steps and the farangs ended up in Bangla road...at this point the Hollywood staff...about 12 of them...formed a line around the bottom of the steps to stop the farangs trying to get back in and my friends were allowed to exit through the line.

The 5 farangs could have walked away but full of p1ss and booze and being big they must have fancied their chances against the Thais because they came back into the soi and it all kicked off again and one of them got stabbed.

You are not likely to read anything more about this in the media as supposedly some serious "hush" money has been paid to the police by the Thai owner of Hollywood.

Anyone who has been here any length of time knows that many serious incidents get covered up or misreported to make them appear differently to lessen the adverse effect on tourism eg. the Austrian guy at the Seadragon/Bangla junction at Christmas time a few years ago reported as committing suicide knifing himself 3 times when he really had an altercation with a tuktuk/motorbike taxi driver. The Thai guy who died after a shark attack off Kamala? years ago was kept out of the media. Likewise the tourist killed at an elephant trek etc. etc.....

Edited by phuketrex