The Things People Do In Thailand To Save Money

patong

I've got a new one. tell all you mates to eff off just before christmas and them make up with them in the new year by inviting yourself round to apologize. You get to skip all that present buying but, get a free meal in the new year.

I am going to write a book called "how to be a right K*nt!"

think it will be a big seller in SEED books. not sure about western markets though... :ermm:

Funny you should mention SE-ED Loz because when I go in there or similar ( and this includes the bookshops back home as well) and see the hordes of people lined up reading the magazines and even sitting on the floor reading the bloody books I consider that among the heights of taking the piss. If I was the owner I'd have to say the Thai equivalent of " Oi this is a business trying to make a living not a frigging library. Either have a glance to see if you like it and buy the book or f#ck off!"

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mca,

You just joined the short list of people I would be happy to do business with.

As an aside, do you ever buy food that is on public display where people can get their grubby mits on it? Same as SE-ED. if it can be touched, they will touch it. If it can be sneezed spat or dribbled on or dropped on the floor, I'm not really keen to conisder eating it, thank you. This applies to big C and the mall. but then I eat from 2 bit food stalls where god only knows what the meats been through before they got it, but at least I see it being cook through and through.

I was in Big C once and there was this scuzzbag, his equally scruffy wife and a snotty kid. They had some fresh chickens on display and I could see from a distance their hands were filthy as they proceeded to pick up, poke and prod every single bird before just wandering off. Mmm.....

Edited by mca

Hmm... a funny one.. Someone taking the Toliet paper from the stall to save money from buying TP..hhhmmmm

:whistling:

Whenever you stay at a guesthouse, take the toliet paper and soap any any other replacables before you check-out. you already paid for it, right?

I was in Big C once and there was this scuzzbag, his equally scruffy wife and a snotty kid. They had some fresh chickens on display and I could see from a distance their hands were filthy as they proceeded to pick up, poke and prod every single bird before just wandering off. Mmm.....

No problem, he was from the Food Hygiene Office, making a snap-inspection. :unsure::rolleyes:

I use a fan in conjunction with an AC and set the AC to high of 29 degrees.

Place the fan right behind the air flow of the AC to have the cooled air blown directly at you.

Whenever the AC compressor kicks in, which is not very often you will be cooled when it does.

And to compensate the higher temp setting, you will be cooled by the fan.

That's only 1 degree higher than what i normally have my AC on and its usually too cold anyway.

I use a fan in conjunction with an AC and set the AC to high of 29 degrees.

Place the fan right behind the air flow of the AC to have the cooled air blown directly at you.

Whenever the AC compressor kicks in, which is not very often you will be cooled when it does.

And to compensate the higher temp setting, you will be cooled by the fan.

That's only 1 degree higher than what i normally have my AC on and its usually too cold anyway.

The A/C unit I have has an hour timer shutoff from 1 hour to 8 hours. Whenever it turn on the A/C, I always turn on the timer, so the room cools down, but the a/c does not run continuously.

Wish it has a 1/2 hour or minute setting.

so i caught up with him and said, your lights are not working, to his reply no i have turned them off, it saves the fuel so saves me money.

Don't the lights on a motocy work from an alternator same like in a car?

Yes, and the petrol engine turns the alternator!

so i caught up with him and said, your lights are not working, to his reply no i have turned them off, it saves the fuel so saves me money.

Continuously, never stops until the engine stops.. :)

Continuously, never stops until the engine stops.. :)

But the resistance to movement presented through the armature is proportional to the draw of current. Energy doesn't come from nothing. In the end, it is the fuel which is providing the energy to run the lights. The only time your argument may have validity is at idle, and where you don't care if the engine loses a hundred RPM or so to keep the lights on. As soon as you start moving though, the lights do present a drain on the system.

Having said that though, the amount of fuel used to run the lights on a motorcycle is so vanishingly small I simply can't accept this is a valid reason given the safety concerns. You are much more likely to lose productive days of your life, thus losing substantially more money than you save.

About my biggest thrift saving device is when cooking macaroni, take it off the heat immediately after boiling, and place a blanket around the pot. Takes slightly longer this way, but uses no gas at all.

..some tips if desperate only ,

..Wash and reuse Condoms ,and rent your body out to Gay lads .

..Eat the left over meals in McDonalds ,KFC etc ,

...for accommodation build a wood shack on a bit of spare ground .

..stop doing Visa runs .

...walk everywhere

...save rainwater in large drums as drinking water .

...Get your reading material from Hotel dumpsters

etc ,