Settlement Visa Sponsor Query

Hello,

I am just putting the final touches to my Settlement Visa application. I am going to be doing a pgce and getting a bursary, which I have confirmation of in the form of a letter from the University, and I will be getting help from my parents for finance and accommodation. I'm pretty sure I have the necessary evidence for the visa now, but I have a few queries regarding putting it all together!

1) In the evidence file, is it acceptable to print out the photos on an A4 sheet, without priding the originals? I figure this will be better as it will be a more organised and I can put dates and notes below the pics.

2) Who actually is the sponsor? I figure as I am the husband then we apply for the settlement with the spouse (me) as the sponsor. I am just a bit confused about what to put on the form regarding sponsors earnings, etc..

Regarding the visa application if someone can help:

2) In the visa application form, it asks about the applicant's finance and sponsor's employment.

Income and Expenditure:

5.10 What is your total monthly income from all sources >>> of employment or occupation after tax?

5.11 Do you receive income from any other sources, including friends or family? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box

My wife has been supported by me for the past few years, whilst looking after the baby (I have been in working here, in Thailand), I have been transfering money into her account for shopping etc, should I put this amount in here?

3) It then asks about the sponsor's finances. Now, is this me or my parents (as they are providing the 3rd party support)? Obviously, my earnings and employer are Thai-based, so do put this in. Or my parent's financial details. I have their bank statements and the mortgage info on seperate sheets.

4) Do I put the money in baht or pounds?

5) As my parents are offering 3rd party support, do they need to fill out a sponsorship undertaking form?

6) One more question, if that's ok. I am a bit unsure about the notes pages (section 9).

9.1 Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application?

I have a few letters (one from my parents about suporting us) and a few covering letters from me and my wife. I have covered a lot of the stuff that I would be writing in the additional notes. Should I just write in all in the notes, and provide the letters just to be safe?

Thanks if anyone can provide some help!!

The questions you are asking are very straight forward ?

Sorry, is that a question or an observation? I'm just after a bit of help- I thought they were pretty straight forward? I just really want to know who's income I fill in on the form when there is 3rd part help involved.

Thanks

Jonzboy,

It has always been acceptable for a couple to live with a friend or relative, provided there is at least one room for their exclusive use.

Third party financial support has always been allowed for fiances, though in the past it has been a contentious issue for spouses; but this ruling by the Supreme Court means that third party support for spouse settlement applications is once again definitely allowed.

Cowman1

1) Seems a good idea, go for it.

2) You are the sponsor. Immigration Rules, Introduction, Interpretation

"sponsor" means the person in relation to whom an applicant is seeking leave to enter or remain as their spouse, fiance, civil partner, proposed civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner or dependent relative, as the case may be, under paragraphs 277 to 295O or 317 to 319.

Q5.10 and 5.11. Put what the situation is. If she is not working than 5.10 will be nil and put the money you give her in 5.11. Then a brief explanation in your covering letter.

3) You should put all finances that will be available to you and your wife once in the UK. You should provide evidence of your income once in the UK and your parents should write a letter offering financial assistance and provide proof of their ability to do so.

4) Pounds.

5) No; these undertakings are only required in exceptional circumstances, which yours aren't, or certain categories of applicant, of which your wife isn't one. See ECB12.3 Sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation.

6) Put any additional information you may think will help the application or any expansion on previous answers. As this space is rather small, I'd suggest that you simply put "See covering letter" and/or "See enclosed letters."

Cowman1

1) Seems a good idea, go for it.

2) You are the sponsor. Immigration Rules, Introduction, Interpretation

"sponsor" means the person in relation to whom an applicant is seeking leave to enter or remain as their spouse, fiance, civil partner, proposed civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner or dependent relative, as the case may be, under paragraphs 277 to 295O or 317 to 319.

Q5.10 and 5.11. Put what the situation is. If she is not working than 5.10 will be nil and put the money you give her in 5.11. Then a brief explanation in your covering letter.

3) You should put all finances that will be available to you and your wife once in the UK. You should provide evidence of your income once in the UK and your parents should write a letter offering financial assistance and provide proof of their ability to do so.

4) Pounds.

5) No; these undertakings are only required in exceptional circumstances, which yours aren't, or certain categories of applicant, of which your wife isn't one. See ECB12.3 Sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation.

6) Put any additional information you may think will help the application or any expansion on previous answers. As this space is rather small, I'd suggest that you simply put "See covering letter" and/or "See enclosed letters."

Thank you so much! You've answered everything I needed to know. I am sure I have all the right info, I just want to get eveything in order, and not make any silly mistakes.