It's Ironic

bannork

I apologise for my misspelling of the word 'vacillate' in the previous post, as a native speaker of English I should have vacillated before replying, but unfortunately I forgot the golden rule, namely don't drink and type.

I apologise for my misspelling of the word 'vacillate' in the previous post, as a native speaker of English I should have vacillated before replying, but unfortunately I forgot the golden rule, namely don't drink and type.

Even a native speaker can make a misstake. :D

Epecially if he's mediocre,like you in English and Meadish in Swedish.

Mediocrity will rule the future of this forum with you two sycophants licking the hand of master Yoot-who's not totally clueless. :o

Isn't it ironic? Snowleopard is now on holiday. Hopefully, he will see the irony of the situation. :D

Even a native speaker can make a misstake. :D

Epecially if he's mediocre,like you in English and Meadish in Swedish.

Mediocrity will rule the future of this forum with you two sycophants licking the hand of master Yoot-who's not totally clueless. :o

Isn't it ironic? Snowleopard is now on holiday. Hopefully, he will see the irony of the situation. :D

Hopefully he's gone บ้านนอก

Farangs come to Thailand to sunbathe yet Thais want to be white, some farangs like to live in a wooden traditional Thai house in the fields yet the Thais in those houses want to live in a brand new house in a dull suburb on the outskirts of Bangkok. Like เกรงใจ I suspect there is no one adjective to describe ironic, please prove me wrong someone.

bannork

We have like " คนในอยากออก คนนอกอยากเข้า ". Khon nai yak org...khon nork yak khao...is it to the point of your ironic ? :o

Farangs come to Thailand to sunbathe yet Thais want to be white, some farangs like to live in a wooden traditional Thai house in the fields yet the Thais in those houses want to live in a brand new house in a dull suburb on the outskirts of Bangkok. Like เกรงใจ I suspect there is no one adjective to describe ironic, please prove me wrong someone.

bannork

We have like " คนในอยากออก คนนอกอยากเข้า ". Khon nai yak org...khon nork yak khao...is it to the point of your ironic ? :o

This Thai proverb is very true, and it definitely explains the same thing, but it does not have the same sense as 'ironic', I think.

A corresponding English proverb is 'The grass is always greener on the other side'.

Situations you describe I don't think can be called Ironic. Its a bit like Alanis Morissette song "Ironic"....that there is no irony in the lyrics: "The irony of 'Ironic' is that it's not an ironic song at all." 

Sorry to look at an old post , time on my hands at work etc.

An old man turned ninety-eight

He won the lottery and died the next day

It's a black fly in your Chardonnay

It's a death row pardon two minutes too late

= Irony

:o

Edited by chonabot