Pocket Money?

fireman

jai dee, i took youre advise.  16 pages omg.  now i understand, thanks

You're welcome. :o

Now you'll understand why your post has attracted such a diverse array of replies.

To Fireman

My sister is Thia lady and her engage sent money to her ,

Seldome he sent some money to her and it in not a lot money i think if ur gf love you she want not anything from your another henest for her..

Now my sister register a marriage wiht her bf and waiting time go to America :o i 'm glad to her . She is very nice and speak english the same fire she finished education Business English < and i am learing this Major > :D

Impossible_me

some of u are just MEAN.... some are very helpful. Thanks ill read the book private dancer.  its an exchange of info friends, thats what its all about.  only got 1 short answer to my initial question.  Whats an average income in bkk ? ill be back there for extended stay june 11. i know, it takes a lifetime for a farang to begin to understand thai culture. just thought this forum would give me a jump start. gimmee a break?

Fireman...dont read the book unless you want a bigoted, fictionalised account of one guys imagination....read the posts here...at least you will get both sides of the discussion

as for "pocket money"....if thats what you want to call it then that is how it will be regarded....money to be spent at will...If you send big amounts...then you will never know if it is you or the money....if you send nothing...then you may just lose out....send a small amount and you have at least some assurance that she will be there for you, and if she is not, then you have not lost too much.

My girl occasionally asks for more money and always for a reason....but I dont relent to what I said I would send her.....they will all do that....if you send her more than she will expect more, that is human nature. She is testing you !!!

If she doesnt accept what you send her and if you send more than 8000 to 10000 a month, then I would stop sending to her as it is only the money she is after.

some of u are just MEAN.... some are very helpful. Thanks ill read the book private dancer.  its an exchange of info friends, thats what its all about.  only got 1 short answer to my initial question.  Whats an average income in bkk ? ill be back there for extended stay june 11. i know, it takes a lifetime for a farang to begin to understand thai culture. just thought this forum would give me a jump start. gimmee a break?

Fireman...dont read the book unless you want a bigoted, fictionalised account of one guys imagination....read the posts here...at least you will get both sides of the discussion

as for "pocket money"....if thats what you want to call it then that is how it will be regarded....money to be spent at will...If you send big amounts...then you will never know if it is you or the money....if you send nothing...then you may just lose out....send a small amount and you have at least some assurance that she will be there for you, and if she is not, then you have not lost too much.

My girl occasionally asks for more money and always for a reason....but I dont relent to what I said I would send her.....they will all do that....if you send her more than she will expect more, that is human nature. She is testing you !!!

If she doesnt accept what you send her and if you send more than 8000 to 10000 a month, then I would stop sending to her as it is only the money she is after.

I do apologise i should have said the book was fictional but i dont think it is bigoted there are many a true word said in it. I do agree that you should read the posts on here and you will find that many of them do give similar accounts to what you have said. I am certainly not saying all Thai girls are bad as i have been married to a Thai girl for 4 years now, so i know they are not all bad. It just seems to me that you are being taken for a ride.

To Fireman

My sister is Thia lady and her engage sent money to her ,

Seldome he sent some money to her and it in not a lot money i think if ur gf love you she want not anything from your another henest for her..

Now my sister register a marriage wiht her bf and waiting time go to America    :o i 'm glad to her . She is very nice and speak english the same fire she finished education Business English < and i am learing this Major >  :D

Impossible_me

Well said impossibe_me... :D

totster :D

Back to the first questions salary gf brother make 10,000 baht a month as manager he has a degree in food tech.

sister work in Nike shoe factory make about 12000 baht a month all are in BKK which is a little more expensive than the sticks

other sister make 6000 on a road gang..

not big earners some that are educated make alot more and with everything some earn alot less ,,,

If you are getting hassle for money at an early stage it is because you said it was pocket money as before stated ....

always with Thai ladies they look for secuirty or a mug only you can determine what your lady is looking for...

But if this is your first time in Thailand your mad to give any lady POCKET money would you give a farang lady POCKET money after only 2 weeks knowing her...

Sober up and get wise

If you are getting hassle for money at an early stage it is because you said it was pocket money as before stated ....

always with Thai ladies they look for secuirty or a mug only you can determine what your lady is looking for...

Many girls are looking for security by asking for you to send money, they want to know that you can support them if they enter an exclusive relationship with you. These girls dont require a huge sum of money to be sent, just enough to get by each month.

send her at least 2k a month , then she would not have time asking you for more money as she´ll be continously shopping .

Would that be US $, Euros, Yen, Baht, HK $.........??? it's NEVER enough, whatever the currency :o

LaoPo

YEAH i totally agree with LaoPo.....she will never stop asking money no matter how much u send her dude. Be careful :D

also harryhacker got to the point she quit her job as very upscale massage girl yankees think all thais are poor havent quite figured it out yet but its very possible she was earning 2000$ us a month mabey more

i suspect you are either very old or very young because your style of posting without using any commas full stops or other punctuation marks makes me believe you probably work as a telegraph operator or that you spend too much time in internet chat rooms and believe this is a normal way of communicating in writing but actually it is very annoying to read a post that reads like this because there is no stop anywhere a sentence can start when you least expect it and the risk of misinterpreting increases as well so please from now on humour us with trying to use normal typing rules i know this may sound very von oben but really when you read this post pls tell me honestly doesnt it make you feel a little dizzy in the head and will you really read it to the end i dont know and i think i have made my point now but i will still go on because i am procrastinating other things which are far more important and by the way whales are mammals and not fish i thought you might like to know as many people make the mistake of referring to them as fish when in fact that is completely wrong now you have a good day thank you very much and by the way the chances that your girl is makign 2000 usd a month are as slim as a north korean dissident who hasnt yet managed to escape the starvation

Never do that again. I was not even able to finish. I'm still hanging onto the desk and my eyes are still spinning.......

Edited bit.

I have recovered now and quite frankly I do not care how much he sends her!

Edited by mpdkorat

i suspect you are either very old or very young because your style of posting without using any commas full stops or other punctuation marks makes me believe you probably work as a telegraph operator or that you spend too much time in internet chat rooms and believe this is a normal way of communicating in writing but actually it is very annoying to read a post that reads like this because there is no stop anywhere a sentence can start when you least expect it and the risk of misinterpreting increases as well

Mead, have you ever read the book 'Johnny Got His Guns' by Dalton Trumbo?

That too doesn't have any punctuation marks, dashes, dots, full stops, capitals or whatever. One of the best books that I've ever read.

Maybe the OP is related to Mr Trumbo. :o

• 3 weeks later...

I send my TGF 100 USD a month. I do so because I can, and I feel good about helping her out. If she dumped me tomorrow, I would not feel used, as she has never asked me for any money.A gift from me to her.

When they begin asking for money, it is time to find a new TGF. :o

My 2 bahts worth. Ray :D

in a new relationship the amount of pocket money is hard to judge. I've been with my wife for 5 years now and offer GBP500 per mo. to be split between my wife and her family. It usually works out OK...there have been a couple of emergencies (hospital and failed rice crop) when extra money has been authorised but generally speaking OK.

Nobody gets rich...just an obligation that I have with the wife and her family. Indeed, I was out of work for 18 mnths in Thailand and paid out of pocket for monthly expences that decreased as the money ran out. Mai bpen rai...if you got it you spend it, if not,

bad luck...nobody seemed to give a sh1t...

look at the greater picture...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

ok im new to this,i have gf in bangkok and dont mind sending her some $ from usa. no matter what i send it never seems to be enough. how much $ do women make in bangkok? whats an average wage. how much does a dr,lawyer make in bkk? a shop girl ? whats an average annual income bangkok?

I finally poked my head into this thread. You're already in LoS but here is a link which list some jobs and wages.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...um%20wage&st=15

At least you are looking at it from what is an equivalent amount of money to a job. If it's never enough, it could be a problem which is discussed here many times.

I send my TGF 100 USD a month. I do so because I can, and I feel good about helping her out. If she dumped me tomorrow, I would not feel used, as she has never asked me for any money.A gift from me to her.

When they begin asking for money, it is time to find a new TGF. -zxray

There's a good answer.

Send whatever amount you are comfortable with that doesn't make you wonder about her intentions and doesn't make you have doubts about her with those doubts resulting in resentment of her. Whatever amount that doesn't make you question if you are doing the right thing or whether you are being foolish with your money. From what I have seen of Thailand don't send more of an amount than you can afford to sustain. Don't send more and then cut back. She is counting on you to be a stable and competent money manager because she will budget her obligations to others based on the amount you judged to be correct.

Hope you are enjoying the vacation in LoS. :o

-a

Edited by aughie

ok im new to this,i have gf in bangkok and dont mind sending her some $ from usa. no matter what i send it never seems to be enough.  how much $ do women make in bangkok? whats an average wage. how much does a dr,lawyer make in bkk?  a shop girl ? whats an average annual income bangkok?

you are just 1 of her suckers !rest assured there are others. do a search on sick buffalos

yes you are very new to this .

• 3 weeks later...

Fireman, if you are not a troll

You dont mention how long you have known your gf,how you met her, how long in Thailand and how much of the year you will be able to spend in Thailand.

If you met your girl in a bar on your first 2 week holiday in Thailand, probably the best thing is to forget her.

I can never understand how men who spend a few weeks of the year in Thailand claim to have a Thai girlfriend and send money (never enough) every month.

Some men believe they are saving a girl from a life of prostitution, they are usually actually encouraging her. If they have one man who sends monmey evry month and she only sees him for 2 or 4 weeks of the year, this leaves her plenty of time for other "boyfriends".

If you met your girl in a bar and paid for her services, then please don't forget that she is a prostitute and will almost certainly continue as a prostitute no matter how much money you send her.

A girl who sells her body is a prostitute, but for some reason in Thailand they are referred to as Bargirls. I dont know why this is, but maybe because most Farang dont like to admit that they use prostitutes and it somehow seems more acceptable to refer to them as bargirls.

I am not embarassed to admit that I have used Thai prostitutes and have had some good relationships (as well as some really bad). I dont look down on prostites, they are only doing their job after all.

What I would like to know, Fireman, is ... Do you use prostitutees in your own country. If you have used one, do you refer to her as your girlfriend and do you send her money?

What I would like to know, Fireman, is ... Do you use prostitutees in your own country.

How do we define exactly what a prostitute is? A women who takes money off a man for sexual favours? In that case my ex wife was a prostitute, except i didn't even get the sexual favours at the end :o:D

How do we define exactly what a prostitute is? A women who takes money off a man for sexual favours? In that case my ex wife was a prostitute, except i didn't even get the sexual favours at the end

Bojangles; are your mother and your grandmother, sisters and daughters also prostitutes?

Sorry, I do not understand this sending money to a woman thingy. My opinion, if she wants something, get off her lazy ass and earn it herself! Teaches her independence and the value of money instead of asking it (easily) from a man who is in another country.

Why is this necessary? How did the woman survive prior to meeting you? What obligations or responsibilities do you have towards her? (unless she is your legal wife/has your kids)

For all you know, she could be getting a few thousand bahts from Tom from UK, Dick from USA and Harry from Netherlands. Won't that make you look like a sucker?!

Edited by JoJo

Sorry, I do not understand this sending money to a woman thingy. My opinion, if she wants something, get off her lazy ass and earn it herself! Teaches her independence and the value of money instead of asking it (easily) from a man who is in another country.

Why is this necessary? How did the woman survive prior to meeting you? What obligations or responsibilities do you have towards her? (unless she is your legal wife/has your kids)

For all you know, she could be getting a few thousand bahts from Tom from UK, Dick from USA and Harry from Netherlands. Won't that make you look like a sucker?!

This is a typically Thai thing that has grown out of all proportion with the influx of gullible Farang. If a man and a woman form a relationship, it is expected in Thailand that he will help to support her if he has the financial means.

For some reason a lot of Farangs believe that after paying a girl to have sex with him, that she is now his girlfriend and he is then expected to send her money.

Thai men who frequent the Karaoke bars and pay for a girls sexual services would not dream of continuing paying her.

I think that most Farang feel sorry for girls that claim to have no option but to sell their bodies and send money in the (usually) mistaken belief that they are saving her from a life of prostitution.

The truth is that most Farang men allow themselves to be taken advantage of and are just added to the list of foreigners that are sending her money.

This is general and is not true in all cases. If you meet a girl in Pattaya or similar and she then goes back to her village when you start to send money, then she may be on the level. She may also be going back to her Thai husband/boyfriend.

The othjer thing that astounds me is the amount of men that go upcountry to the girl's village. There is a popular misconception that the man should immediately hand over 10,000 or 20,000 Baht to the parents. Where did this come from, it is certainly not a part of Thai culture. A Thai man going to meet his Thai girlfriend's parents will not be handing over any cash. He will probably take a small gift. The more Farangs that give the parents cash, the more it will be taken for normal and will be expected.

It is of course a different matter if you marry the girl.

For those of you embarking on their 1st relationship? with a Thai bargirl, remember this question........

Q. How do you know a bargirl is lying?

A. Her lips are moving.

Any man that is looking for love in Thailand should take his time and not immediately fall for the first girl that jumps into his bed in exchage for cash.

There are a lot of wonderful woman in Thailand but they take some finding, especially in the tourist fleshpots and for men that cannot speak any Thai.

Take your time and save a lot of heartache. Believe me most men have made the same mistakes and postings like this are an attempt to help others avoid the same troubles. I kissed a lot of frogs before I found my princess.

Thailand and the Thai people can be a wonderful and rewarding experience if you stay sensible and a little cautious.

Edited by loong

Fireman, if you are not a troll

You dont mention how long you have known your gf,how you met her, how long in Thailand and how much of the year you will be able to spend in Thailand.

If you met your girl in a bar on your first 2 week holiday in Thailand, probably the best thing is to forget her.

I can never understand how men who spend a few weeks of the year in Thailand claim to have a Thai girlfriend and send money (never enough) every month.

Some men believe they are saving a girl from a life of prostitution, they are usually actually encouraging her. If they have one man who sends monmey evry month and she only sees him for 2 or 4 weeks of the year, this leaves her plenty of time for other "boyfriends".

If you met your girl in a bar and paid for her services, then please don't forget that she is a prostitute and will almost certainly continue as a prostitute no matter how much money you send her.

A girl who sells her body is a prostitute, but for some reason in Thailand they are referred to as Bargirls. I dont know why this is, but maybe because most Farang dont like to admit that they use prostitutes and it somehow seems more acceptable to refer to them as bargirls.

I am not embarassed to admit that I have used Thai prostitutes and have had some good relationships (as well as some really bad). I dont look down on prostites, they are only doing their job after all.

What I would like to know, Fireman, is ... Do you use prostitutees in your own country. If you have used one, do you refer to her as your girlfriend and do you send her money?

Prostitution is illegal in Thailand.....so they are called bargirls because being a bargirl is not illegal.

This is a typically Thai thing that has grown out of all proportion with the influx of gullible Farang. If a man and a woman form a relationship, it is expected in Thailand that he will help to support her if he has the financial means.

For some reason a lot of Farangs believe that after paying a girl to have sex with him, that she is now his girlfriend and he is then expected to send her money.

Thai men who frequent the Karaoke bars and pay for a girls sexual services would not dream of continuing paying her.

I think that most Farang feel sorry for girls that claim to have no option but to sell their bodies and send money in the (usually) mistaken belief that they are saving her from a life of prostitution.

The truth is that most Farang men allow themselves to be taken advantage of and are just added to the list of foreigners that are sending her money.

This is general and is not true in all cases. If you meet a girl in Pattaya or similar and she then goes back to her village when you start to send money, then she may be on the level. She may also be going back to her Thai husband/boyfriend.

The othjer thing that astounds me is the amount of men that go upcountry to the girl's village. There is a popular misconception that the man should immediately hand over 10,000 or 20,000 Baht to the parents. Where did this come from, it is certainly not a part of Thai culture. A Thai man going to meet his Thai girlfriend's parents will not be handing over any cash. He will probably take a small gift. The more Farangs that give the parents cash, the more it will be taken for normal and will be expected.

It is of course a different matter if you marry the girl.

For those of you embarking on their 1st relationship? with a Thai bargirl, remember this question........

Q. How do you know a bargirl is lying?

A. Her lips are moving.

Any man that is looking for love in Thailand should take his time and not immediately fall for the first girl that jumps into his bed in exchage for cash.

There are a lot of wonderful woman in Thailand but they take some finding, especially in the tourist fleshpots and for men that cannot speak any Thai.

Take your time and save a lot of heartache. Believe me most men have made the same mistakes and postings like this are an attempt to help others avoid the same troubles. I kissed a lot of frogs before I found my princess.

Thailand and the Thai people can be a wonderful and rewarding experience if you stay sensible and a little cautious.

some good advice....but remember that not all entertainment girls are out to rip off the farangs.....there are some that are genuine....but I agree....it takes time to work it out.....if in doubt, back out.

Never heard of farangs giving the folks such huge sums of money in villages....but I hope it is not true...sets a dangerous precedent for others....IMHO...if a girl said "You have to give Mama and Papa 10000 baht".....I would catch the next bus back to Pattaya or where ever, normally a small gift and some money to cover your food and bed will suffice.

How do we define exactly what a prostitute is? A women who takes money off a man for sexual favours? In that case my ex wife was a prostitute, except i didn't even get the sexual favours at the end

Bojangles; are your mother and your grandmother, sisters and daughters also prostitutes?

Probably :o

Don't have any daughters though, if i did they would have been Nuns :D

also harryhacker got to the point she quit her job as very upscale massage girl yankees think all thais are poor havent quite figured it out yet but its very possible she was earning 2000$ us a month mabey more

i suspect you are either very old or very young because your style of posting without using any commas full stops or other punctuation marks makes me believe you probably work as a telegraph operator or that you spend too much time in internet chat rooms and believe this is a normal way of communicating in writing but actually it is very annoying to read a post that reads like this because there is no stop anywhere a sentence can start when you least expect it and the risk of misinterpreting increases as well so please from now on humour us with trying to use normal typing rules i know this may sound very von oben but really when you read this post pls tell me honestly doesnt it make you feel a little dizzy in the head and will you really read it to the end i dont know and i think i have made my point now but i will still go on because i am procrastinating other things which are far more important and by the way whales are mammals and not fish i thought you might like to know as many people make the mistake of referring to them as fish when in fact that is completely wrong now you have a good day thank you very much and by the way the chances that your girl is makign 2000 usd a month are as slim as a north korean dissident who hasnt yet managed to escape the starvation

ROFLMAO

• 4 weeks later...

Another magic question about amazing Thailand.

If she is a true g/f and from a poor family then helping out is only a good thing and is the normal practice. (used to give my g/f 300baht daily allowance and then gave her b50,000 as a loan to help her family, i never expected it back and it didn't come back ! hahah surprise surprise. but i did see at her families house where the money had gone, not just on beer but on a new scooter to see the families face to have a new scooter was golden and i appreciated how poor they were and how lucky i was, a very humbling experience)

After me and the g/f split up I wouldn't date any girl who wasn,t financially independant. A golden rule which was right for me but i lived in Bkk. If i was on holiday i would pay them for the night and move on!

don't you all remeber the first thai girl you had sex with or fell in love with ! they make you go bananas no matter how intelligent you are!

How to make a small fortune in Thailand??? come here with a big one :o

Please don't make a mistake. :D Make a choice and if she can't understand change to find a new friend. :o Buying favors from politicians is acceptable ,but not from tap-tap girls.Unless your on top and in the country. :D No insult girls. :D

Enjoy your money with others, not let others enjoy your money without you. :D