Tests Prove HIV And Hepatitis Tainted Blood Used In Red Shirt Protests

webfact

its takes less than 5 minutes to conduct the actual aids test.....add on say 3 hours each way for the blood to be transported to the hospital/testing facility and the reslts to be returned......you have around 4 hours....add a few more hours for "RED SHIRT" traffic jams...........hey they poured the blood over 2 weeks ago.......but today they release the results????????? Obv a govt generated piece of BS....tarnish the reds at all cost....they want democracy....don't let them
I would have believed it as much as 4 hours after the protest. Who is trying to taint who. Blood has to be spilled to maintain FREEDOM, a simple but verifiable fact. :)

Thaksin isn't going to provide that freedom.

The only difference between the army now and the army under Thaksin is that Thaksin will have paid the army to support him. That's why the reds want dissolution now. Then they can get into government and control the upcoming army reshuffle and make sure Thaksin lackies are in control of the army.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When and where were these samples collected? As we've all seen on TV, the blood was quickly cleaned up in front of the government house and in front of Abhisit's house by cleaning crews. I didn't see any of them taking samples. Not saying there weren't any diseases in the blood, because obviously when you take samples from nearly 100,000 people, you'll find some diseases. I doubt anyone expected the opposite.

Blood was taken from not more than 20,000 people the rest was taken from pigs & cattle. Some of the animal blood was most likely mixed with cheap Thai whisky to drink. Many in rural areas of Southeast Asia drink this concoction.

First April or not, propaganda or not. Still there should be a law about spreading infectiousness diseases like those, as many said before in this thread there are high probability of blood borne diseases and in many westerner countries laws, it is illegal to intentionally throw blood at someone or something. So not defending any color, this act and the act of attacking a military facility should have made a clear point to the government to take some serious measure. Back at home I would have had a warning shot first if I entered a military facility without any authorization and the second shot I wouldn't be able to run from.

Perhaps some of you Red Shirt (Thaksin lovers) apologists on TV can tell all of us what country in the world would have allowed attacks on a military facility without taking action at least against the leaders? The Red Shirts will continue to push - lawless acts and lawless tactics - until they are finally stopped by the Government whether it be police or the military. Something has to be done. They are killing the economy of Thailand & don't give a dam-n. They don't want peace, they want war. Give it to them!

Strangely the thai SET (stockmarket ) has soared during the protetsts. This suggests the oposite to destroying the economy

Thousands of tourists have canceled their hotel rooms in Bangkok. You can choose to believe it or not but it was published in both the Bangkok Post & the Phuket Gazette. That is hurting everybody including the poor who work in the kitchens & other parts of hotels. Every shop close to the hotels where guests spend their money are losing money. The airport fiasco by the Yellow Shirts hurt the economy also. Hundreds if not thousands of tourist packages from China & South Korea have been canceled. Many were coming for Songkran. Around 40 nations have issued warnings to their citizens about visiting Thailand. The most severe warnings are 4s & 5s. Those what China & S.Korea have issued. And,

certainly many who were thinking of visiting Thailand - at least the tourist companies - remember the tens of thousands stranded at the Phuket & Bangkok airports and think that the Red Shirts might do the same thing as the Yellow Shirts did. Both the Yellow Shirts & Red Shirts are responsible for killing tourism in Thailand. Right now it is the Red Shirts. I have no love for either. I am retired in Thailand and know from friends in the U.S. how these Red Shirts marches have severly hurt the reputation of Thailand all around the world. One prominent builder in Phuket said that even if the demonstrations can be stopped in the very near future, it will take at least two years for Thailand to recover.

I think any business person - especially of large corporations - will tell you that the continued unstableness of the Thai government is doing harm to the overall economy. The Central Bank in all countries set the monetary policy and the baht is strong because the CB wants it high in order to take advantage of exports. The Thai Baht is highly overvalued.

The red shirts and yellow shirts leaders are Hi-So, these rich people manipulate the working class Thai's to do their bidding.

They rip off the Thai people then give the Thai people bribes.

The only losers are the Thai people.

What is the big deal? If you take a few hundred samples of blood of course you will find HIV and Hepatitis in it. Just hope when the blood was taken it was done under very careful conditions and also those taking it were well protected.

"It was in the Bangkok Post many hours ago. So the report is false? The Mahidol University medical group has made it all up?"

Are you ready to back you life on this

maybe a joke today

but what about in a week or 2 weeks

This is serious

and intent when they did the act

There was no way they could know if the blood they got was infected as it was never tested

Intent is just as bad as to do

The Incas at teir time and the Mayans among other tribes used blood to apease the gods,now its to appease a dictator.

I posted a reply two weeks ago (was deleted and I banned for 3 days to be active in the forum,so much for democrazy),saying the blood spilled on some premises was mainly chicken/pigs/and bovine blood bought in the markets ,or donated.Human blood is deep red or purple, chicken or animal blood is more light red.

Hope no muslim was involved ,as it is against the religion ,to spill ,waste ,handle blood,as it is not Halal.

Ridiculous!!

How many syringes were used-reused to draw blood,were the skin-perforation spots desinfected with alcohol?and where are they discarded now?Maybe sunk in the klongs ,together with the latex gloves.Who delivered all the sinister material?Whos criminal/stupid idea was that?

All medical or paramedics involved must be disbarred from the medical profession!

Over to you.

Im not even sure why the pigs blood revelation is big news. After all the reds as the yellows before them have told many lies repeatedly ojn their stage, on their TV station and in the 400 indoctrination camps they claim to have although they use the misnomer schjools I do believe. Anyw ay it isnt big news that poltical operastors tell lies although it is amusing when they get caught whatver colour of shirt or persuasion

When and where were these samples collected? As we've all seen on TV, the blood was quickly cleaned up in front of the government house and in front of Abhisit's house by cleaning crews. I didn't see any of them taking samples. Not saying there weren't any diseases in the blood, because obviously when you take samples from nearly 100,000 people, you'll find some diseases. I doubt anyone expected the opposite.

Blood was taken from not more than 20,000 people the rest was taken from pigs & cattle. Some of the animal blood was most likely mixed with cheap Thai whisky to drink. Many in rural areas of Southeast Asia drink this concoction.

called bloody buffalo,or red BS,or red pull.

In the states a drink is called red beer,quite tasty.Prosit,cheers,a votre sante,nastrovia ,saluti,salut e forca in la canut

people fighting for DEMOCRACY !!!! hahahahahahahha ahahahahahahah they want to reinstate a dictator and its clique of most corrupt politicians .... but its for democracy ...

i cannot stop laughing at some people gullibility

NOTE: this was to answer someone whose post disappeared who was saying that some newspaper was scoffing at " people fighting for democracy"

one of the unfortunate realities of a democracy is the people can elect a dictator if the want. Not all democratic decisions are good ones.

My definition: Democracy Crazy -demo.

Hardly news - if you take blood from a large random number of people then this result is inevitable. Good scaremongering tactics from the government but that is about it - any intelligent person knows that blood carries risk

Everyone's not as smart as you. This is indeed news to many people ... including me. Yes, it now makes sense but I never thought about it until this article.

people fighting for DEMOCRACY !!!! hahahahahahahha ahahahahahahah they want to reinstate a dictator and its clique of most corrupt politicians .... but its for democracy ...

i cannot stop laughing at some people gullibility

NOTE: this was to answer someone whose post disappeared who was saying that some newspaper was scoffing at " people fighting for democracy"

Thais need somebody to tell them what to do. That is why they love Thaksin. Yes, they will democratically elect a dictator and be happy with it.

So the redshirts throw blood all over Bangkok and never tested any of their donors. And then, to cover it up, they scream they're going to bring human rights and criminal complaints against Ramathibodi Hospital for allegedly testing the tainted redshirt blood and releasing results to the press. Sounds like a cover-up for their own recklessness.

Hardly news - if you take blood from a large random number of people then this result is inevitable. Good scaremongering tactics from the government but that is about it - any intelligent person knows that blood carries risk

Everyone's not as smart as you. This is indeed news to many people ... including me. Yes, it now makes sense but I never thought about it until this article.

Lets get to the point. Dr Weng is a doctor of medicine (and there must be others in the udd movement who have advanced knowledge of blood, transmission of blood carried disease (some fatal), procedures to take and storgae, handle blood and proper safe disposal of equipment used etc.

All of these people know that their actions: removal of the blood, storage, throwing it around, disposal of syringes etc etc., etc are dangerous and plainly stupid.

Sure, eveybody has the right to protest and the right to speak their mind and explain their cause. But please let's keep within the boundaries of some simple common sense.

'Good scaremongering tactics by the government' how so?

Edited by scorecard

UPDATE

Ramathibodi says it might have tested sample of protesters' blood

BANGKOK: -- The dean of the Ramathibodi Hospital's Medical School said Friday that the hospital might have unknowingly performed a test on a sample of pooled blood from the red-shirt protesters.

Prof Doctor Ratchata Ratchatanawin, the dean, said a hospital sent a sample of blood for the Ramathibodi to test on March 18 and the result came out on March 19.

He said the result found that the sample was contaminated with hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV viruses and it was the only one of 300 samples tested that day to have been found with three viruses.

On Thursday, the Mahidol Brothers Group announced that a lab test by Ramathibodi found that the blood the red-shirt protesters splashed Government House and the PM's residence with on March 15-16 carried the three viruses.

Ratchata said the hospital director, Prof Doctor Than Supattharaphan, announced on Thursday that the hospital had never tested the protesters' blood because an initial investigation did not find record of the test with a similar result.

But a thorough review found one of 300 samples tested that day carried three viruses. Ratchata said it was unlikely that a person would carry three of those viruses at the same time.

He said the hospital, which sent the sample for test, did not say from whom the sample came from.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-02

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

So the redshirts throw blood all over Bangkok and never tested any of their donors. And then, to cover it up, they scream they're going to bring human rights and criminal complaints against Ramathibodi Hospital for allegedly testing the tainted redshirt blood and releasing results to the press. Sounds like a cover-up for their own recklessness.

Another person that comments without knowing anything about what happened. They didn't "throw blood all over Bangkok". They poured blood at the front gate of government house, and at the front gate of Abhisit's house. It wasn't "thrown". The people closest to the actual people that held the bottles were actually the media reporters.

Another person that comments without knowing anything about what happened. They didn't "throw blood all over Bangkok". They poured blood at the front gate of government house, and at the front gate of Abhisit's house. It wasn't "thrown". The people closest to the actual people that held the bottles were actually the media reporters.

It's called hyperbole ds. Anybody who knows anything about the handling of blood products knows the donors should be tested.

It's called hyperbole ds. Anybody who knows anything about the handling of blood products knows the donors should be tested.

Donors should be tested if the blood is actually going to be used on humans. I don't really see the need to test the blood that they are going to be throwing on the ground.

Nw you have my Thai wife worried

She has a large family back in Issan

and it only takes 2 or 3 people to start of an ecademic

what about the Monk who through blood at people

Is it time the Government stood up and started to act like a government

enoough is enough

Do this in America or Australia and you would be in a cell so fast

Come on Thailand, time for the Government to act like a Government

I didn't see that about the monk... could you expound more on this monk? or any monks that were involved in the demonstration, please?

I read about it yesterday. Apparently in Chiang Mai a monk named Phra Khru Suthep Sitthikhun actually smeared it directly onto people.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...ataID%3D1027113

Apparently What does that mean? Is that a hearsay thing or an actual thing that can be backed up with evidence?

I'm not sure I trust the powers that be in Mahidol University to apply academic impartiality to their "findings".

Im not even sure why the pigs blood revelation is big news.

At least it makes a change from the time a few years ago when a farmer covered himself with pig shit while demonstrating outside Government House to show how he was being treated.

I read about it yesterday. Apparently in Chiang Mai a monk named Phra Khru Suthep Sitthikhun actually smeared it directly onto people.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...ataID%3D1027113

Apparently What does that mean? Is that a hearsay thing or an actual thing that can be backed up with evidence?

It was reported on Channel 3 a couple of weeks ago. There is also lots of reports on google "thailand monk blood chiang mai".

its takes less than 5 minutes to conduct the actual aids test.....add on say 3 hours each way for the blood to be transported to the hospital/testing facility and the reslts to be returned......you have around 4 hours....add a few more hours for "RED SHIRT" traffic jams...........hey they poured the blood over 2 weeks ago.......but today they release the results????????? Obv a govt generated piece of BS....tarnish the reds at all cost....they want democracy....don't let them

I like this analysis.

Current government is facing their own karma.

A fresh election is a must and in future, no demonstration shall be allowed to block any public service (Suvarnabhumi blockage was a crime)

:)

Apparently, you didn't know they had blood shows additionally at the Democrat Party headquarters in BKK and also other places (like the previously mentioned Chiang Mai).

Blood was thrown

as well as actually smeared directly on people (like the previously mentioned Chiang Mai session)

UPDATE

BMA confirms some redshirt blood had HIV, hepatatis viruses

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) yesterday confirmed that some blood samples from the redshirt activists were contaminated with the HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C viruses.

"About 2 per cent tested positive for HIV. Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C each were found in five per cent [of the samples]," Deputy Bangkok Governor Dr Malinee Sukvejvorakij said.

She was speaking after Dr weng Tojirakarn, a leader of redshirt Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship (DAAD), called on the BMA to comment on the matter.

On Thursday, Dr Kusol Prawichpaiboon publicly expressed concern about the possible outbreak of diseases caused by the DAAD bloodsplashing activities.

He revealed that the blood thrown in front of Government House, the Democrat Party headquarters, and Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's house carried diseases.

"Indeed, some blood samples have tested positive for diseases," Malinee said yesterday.

She said the BMA collected blood samples before starting the cleaning operation out of concern for the health of the redshirt demonstrators.

Despite warnings from various health authorities, thousands of redshirt demonstrators provided blood for the bloodsplashing activities last month.

Malinee did not say where the blood test was conducted but the BMA has its own medical college and a hospital.

As for Kusul, he said his information was based on blood tests carried out at the Ramathibodi Hospital, which now admitted that it might have unknowingly conducted the test on the red shirts' blood.

"One blood sample submitted to us matched the information given to media about the infection," Mahidol University's Faculty of Medicine Ramathinbodi Hospital dean Dr Rajata Rajatanavin said.

"The blood sample came to us from a hospital. In line with our confidentiality standard, we can't reveal its identity".

Meanwhile, the Medical Council yesterday said it had no plan to punish Kusul for speaking out about the infected blood.

"He has just given information and warned the public [about possible danger]," the council's president Dr Somsak Lohlekha said. He added that the Medical Council did not want to get involved in the ongoing political conflict.

Somsak said his council would soon consider whether some doctors had violated their ethics by conducting blood puncture for the red shirt' political activities.

"We hope such a thing will never happen again," Somsak said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-04-03

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Apparently, you didn't know they had blood shows additionally at the Democrat Party headquarters in BKK and also other places (like the previously mentioned Chiang Mai).

Blood was thrown

as well as actually smeared directly on people (like the previously mentioned Chiang Mai session)

If we could help Rainman out here, it is quite likely that if blood was thrown, then it was probably thrown by yellows disguised as reds.

The reds are peaceful as Rainman can tell you.