90-day Report

I've just noticed that I've gone over my 90 day reporting by about 10 days.

It was due on the 24th March, but I renewed my yearly Non- Imm B visa on the 19th of Feb.

I know when you go out of the country it resets the 90 days. Is it the same for when you renew your visa?

Or will I get hit with the 2000B fine.

What if the 90 day slip mysteriously disappeared from my passport? Would they count the 90 days from the 19th Feb (new visa date)?

Cheers

Beanster

I was told by the Immigration Officer who renewed my extension of stay last year that it counted as a 90 days report, I now know he was wrong, though I believe the first extension does.

The work experience girl who discovered the fact when I went to make my next 90 day report, nearly wet herself with excitment when she discovered the error. The fact that I was given incorrect advice by the IO, who was sitting nearby with his head down and that it must be obvious that if I hadn't been given the incorrect advice I would have surly reported when I was in the building, fell on deaf ears, I still had to pay the 2,000 Baht.

I was very unimpressed with the unprofessionalism shown, but there was no point in arguing. I know now to get advice from TV and not listen to IO's.

Edited by theoldgit