Double Entry Visa In Phnom Penh

Tropo - I need to extend my Visa within 10 days. I thought, based on what people told me that I would need to go to VTE for a 60 day visa (single or double entry I guess). But if I can go Cambodia, that would be easier (and cheaper I think) as I am in Pattaya.

I've not seen any Visa runs to Poipet from here, if there is anyway you can point me in the right direction to find the agency, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Edit - OK, found one now out of Patts - Joy Bri

Edited by SunSeek01

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it now safe to go to Cambodia? Have heard something that they dont recommed to do visaruns to Cambodia now because they might close the border at anytime because of the bad situation with Thailand?

Should go to get a new visa before friday and would hate to go all the way to Laos. What do you guys think? I could call and ask from the agency that i use but dont think that they would give a honest answer.

Edited by Aquarius83

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, can anyone give me an update for obtaining a DoubleT in PP for Oct(21th), 2010?

Also I have heard that the italian guy who does the run to Vientiane (from onnut) can get you a 1year non-im multiple entry, can anyone please PM me on that possibility and cost of that? Thx.

Edited by Green

• 2 weeks later...
PP is always a morning dropoff, wait a day and pickup 2nd day afternoon as far as I know

I think people are really intested to know if Phnom Penh is issuing double entry tourist visas right now.

Any recent reports for double tourist in Phenom Phen? So its drop off morning (Tuesday) and pick up next day afternoon (Wed)?

Edited by Green

Can anyone give a Phenom Phen update? At least how many days does it take them to do a tourist visa? (I heard they will give doubles at the moment). Drop off in morning pick up next day?

Thanks!

BTW, is there heaps of budget hotels? (Like pataya?), I know of Flamingo, but dont really want to spend 25US/night.

• 1 month later...

Ok

Just went to Phnom Penh.

1. There are NO 2x entry visa's if you walk into the embassy. I asked the Officer in Thai he told me those are only offered in Laos.

2. They ask you to WAIT 4 DAYS. I got there Wed, the officer told me MONDAY... I politely asked in Thai if it can be done Fri because I am leaving Saturday. He said ok. There is a guy out on the street who says he can get it for you the next day. Had a chat with him after I got my passport back, he was very nice. (I didn't need to use his services because I was getting my visa back on Friday.)

Traveling:

Took a flight from BKK to Phnom Pen via Air Asia. Had Flamingo Hotel pick me up (otherwise Taxi $9 Tuk Tuk $7) Flamingo SUCKED. Dirty bedsheets, floor, hair on towels, loud street room, nothing there was worth $25. Walk around the area and you can find $10 - $17 hotels with better room. I like the fancy guest house. Check out the $17 room, clean, wi-fi, nice bed... etc.

Rented a motorbike 250cc offroad Honda for $12 a day went to Sihanoukville. On the way there I took Routr 4. All highways are 2 lane roads. Route 4 is the way to go, if you are taking a car you will have to pay toll. Cambodian Drivers/Motorbikes are far worse than Thai. Just plain flipping retarded. On the way back took Route 3. DO NOT TAKE THAT ROAD. It is a giant pot-hole. Even on a motor-cross bike driving through gravel, dust and incoming traffic on one lane roads is not fun. Also there are too many little towns where the local residents like to test your brakes... unfortunately for them my bike didn't come with any.

Got my 2 month single entry visa. LAO is next.

I can personally recommend the Cozyna hotel. On the main riverfront road $18 per night, near the palace I think, air, hot water, full cable TV. Amazing staff.... Left a couple of shirts in my room and my mate forgot his I-pod! Phoned them up as on way to Siam Reap and would rtn to PP a few days later. They kept them safe for us behind reception.

If anyone wants there e-mail PM me.

Heard dreadful things about Flamingoes guest house! Even staff going into rooms and putting in the master key code to safety dep boxes and helping themselves to $10-$20 dollars a day!

If you fancy a drink a few places to check out are Shianghai bar and St. Tropez. Can't remember the street number but all moto drivers will know Shianghai bar. St Tropez is just a few doors down.

Bit of a slow service at PP, I actually met the Thai Consulate guy in a restaurant on my first trip (wasn't there for visa purposes) Very friendly. If you can speak Thai to him well he would prob do it quicker for you if you needed to get back.

• 4 weeks later...
PP is always a morning dropoff, wait a day and pickup 2nd day afternoon as far as I know

I think people are really intested to know if Phnom Penh is issuing double entry tourist visas right now.

Just got a double entry tourist visa in PP.

Dropped my passport on friday 17.12.2010 ca. 10:30, (30 min. before closing time) only one more person in the hall.

Had the form downloaded so I arrieved already with a competed form (left only the number of entries open) with 1 foto attached.

Handed the form and my passport over to the woman (she is cambodian) at the counter.

I asked if I could have a double entry visa. She looked at my previous visas:

-1single TR(free) from europe stayed from 17.01. to 13.03.2010 left to europe

-1 triple TR(€ 75,-) from europe stayed from 27.03. to 13.12.2010, left Thailand two times for a couple of days to get the next 60 days and extended 3 times at immigration BKK. 2 times the very next day after arriving back from visa run.

So the woman said, "you spent a long time in Thailand and you only left for the region to get a new entry, what are you doing in Thailand?". I answered "just enjoying the country and my girlfriend"

Then she asked for a return ticket witch I handed over in copy. Scheduled for 09.02.2011

She said, that for this flight a single visa would be enough! I answered, if I could get a double entry I would change the flight.

She looked and smiled at me, gave me a receipt and said, pick it up wednesday.

I didn't asked any more questions (whether single or double) and left.

On wednesday (believing to get a single one) I arrieved 14:30, have an hour before opening. Surprisingly the ambassy was already open, walked in, again nearly empty, strait to the counter, same lady, got my passport, open it "got it" looked up to her and said

"Aw Kohn" [Okun] thank you in khmer. She smiled back and said, "joo-up kneer dee-ut" what means; see you next time.

Once outside I smoking a cigarette with the guard, he told me that the actual desission or pre-selection is made by the counter staff (all cambodians).

So, I got my double entry visa (free off any charges and bribes) and I got the empression, if you don't come with the crowd (dropping mo. or wednesday, picking up wen. or friday) and not just spending the minimum time in Cambodia, there is more 'space' for a personal approach.

Good luck, and merry christmas.

• 1 month later...

Got a dbl entry tourist visa for free, handed in passport on fri got it back on wed.

I submitted reservation for flt tk out of Thailand mid August,

(filled in the employer (overseas) question, submitted a semblance of a proposed itinerary plus address within Thailand.)

you got scammed buddy. just came back from Poipet 3 days ago. 2000 baht to the agent to make the 6 hour run to PP and back and handle all the paperwork. that was it. anyone who tells you different is talking out their arse.

"The Ministry of Tourism and Sports have asked the government to extend the tourism stimulus measures for another year and yesterday deputy government spokesman Watchara Kannika confirmed that the the measures will be extended from April 1, 2010 and go through to March 31, 2011."

Edited by happysanook

you got scammed buddy. just came back from Poipet 3 days ago. 2000 baht to the agent to make the 6 hour run to PP and back and handle all the paperwork. that was it. anyone who tells you different is talking out their arse.

"The Ministry of Tourism and Sports have asked the government to extend the tourism stimulus measures for another year and yesterday deputy government spokesman Watchara Kannika confirmed that the the measures will be extended from April 1, 2010 and go through to March 31, 2011."

I suppose you're not talking to me "buddy"; I got the double entry visa for free, no hassle, no agency

and a nice time in P.P to boot.

Quote from another thread today:

"

TimC

Posted 52 minutes ago

One visa run firm just informed me that as of Feb 14th, Phnom Penh will cease issuing double-entry visas. They advised I go before this happens. Another visa run firm told me that Phnom Phen will not issue double-entry visas if traveling as part of a group. Go figure. "

That would void both the agent and the independent traveller option. :annoyed:

Edited by orchis

I will have to apply for a Tourist Visa next week, thought about going to Phnom Penh. My friend left Thailand today going to Phnom Penh, was asked at immigration at BKK airport if he wants a re-entry visa...?! He was staying on a 30 days stamp...

Due to the tense situation between Thailand and Cambodia, is it still possible to get a Tourist Visa in PP?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got my double entry Tourist Visa yesterday. Since I've heard that regular people can't get the rush service I went through an agent. I found one who was inside a shop and not one of the guys on the street (seems more legit to me). One-day service - they took it in the morning and I got it at 19:30. The cost was $88; $70 for the visa and the rest for the rush one-day service and agent commission. I had to give them a copy of my out-going flight ticket so they could show the embassy in order to have the visa rushed. I thought it was odd that I didn't have to fill out a visa application or sign anything though.

The agent was really nice and helpful and spoke great English. His place is located along the Sisowath Quay 1 between streets 136 and 144. If anyone wants the name and contact info just PM me.

It was a great deal because instead of going to the embassy, waiting and dealing with them myself I got to tour around the city - Killing Fields, Genocide prison museum, National Museum, Royal Palace, etc.. Definitely worth the extra $18 IMO.

Edited by koheesti

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this. Basically I want to get a 60-day tourist visa in PP next week. Single-entry is fine; don't need the double stamp. Afterwards I would like to travel on to Vietnam for a week or so and then come back to Thailand via Hanoi. My questions are these:

Do I need to show an airline ticket out of the Phnom Penh and/or Thailand? If either of those things are needed I will definitely have problems.

Can someone confirm if they are issuing double entry tourist visas in PP right now, how long do you need to wait, and most important - what is the newest price?

The latest post I saw about this was on April 7: made by koheesti.

Some asked about hotel ? Comfort star hotel on street 200 , recently all rebuilt with new furnishings , friendly helpful staff , WiFi , easy walking distance to Lucky-Lucky travel on Monivong and river side with its beautiful esplanade (No pot holes) , clean safe area , free transport after two days $18.00 per night .

Visitors from Thailand recently were very happy .

I got my double entry Tourist Visa yesterday. Since I've heard that regular people can't get the rush service I went through an agent. I found one who was inside a shop and not one of the guys on the street (seems more legit to me). One-day service - they took it in the morning and I got it at 19:30. The cost was $88; $70 for the visa and the rest for the rush one-day service and agent commission. I had to give them a copy of my out-going flight ticket so they could show the embassy in order to have the visa rushed. I thought it was odd that I didn't have to fill out a visa application or sign anything though.

The agent was really nice and helpful and spoke great English. His place is located along the Sisowath Quay 1 between streets 136 and 144. If anyone wants the name and contact info just PM me.

It was a great deal because instead of going to the embassy, waiting and dealing with them myself I got to tour around the city - Killing Fields, Genocide prison museum, National Museum, Royal Palace, etc.. Definitely worth the extra $18 IMO.

I'm curious to know as I'm sure others would be - Did you have any previous double or single entry tourist visas in your passport and if so, how many.

I'm curious to know as I'm sure others would be - Did you have any previous double or single entry tourist visas in your passport and if so, how many.

Good question. I had 2 or 3 but the last had been a single entry issued in Nov 2009. I was out of Thailand for one year but I can't say though whether that mattered or not. I know the visa agent didn't say anything about it when I told him I wanted a double entry and I feel he would have if it were an issue.

Edited by koheesti

• 3 months later...

hi can u tell me the agents name and email adress

cheers garry