What Do You Want Pm Abhisit To Do Now?

george

What do you want PM Abhisit to do now?  

1,304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If I were Abhisit I wouldnt want to show myself in public either. Much to afraid someone would shoot me. As the red terrorists have shown they are perfectly capable of.

W

He can hold a press conference in the Army HQ with reporters, so bit odd. You would think he would be speaking every day about this, just for SPIN purposes.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^well Abhisit was most likely told he can't speak to the media by his masters.

Is that the line being pushed out by the red master of the hounds Thaksin?

Perhaps you might like to take a guess why, an otherwise mostly responsible acting PM appears to be cowering in a hole for 5 days and not saying anything to the people in this critical time. The official "security" line is nonsense. They can get camera gear in there.

Is that the line being pushed out by the red master of the hounds Thaksin?

Perhaps you might like to take a guess why, an otherwise mostly responsible acting PM appears to be cowering in a hole for 5 days and not saying anything to the people in this critical time. The official "security" line is nonsense. They can get camera gear in there.

I agree. It's weird and it's not right.

I read a post on this or one of the related topics to the effect that no other country would allow this anarchic situation to continue. (Anarchic: not restrained by or under the control of legal authority - Merriam-Webster Thesaurus)

Think about your home country -- realistically, what would be your government's reaction or range of reaction options to a group taking over or attempting to take over the capital city's central business district?

If any of you have direct experience in crowd control, riot control, insurrection contingency planning, counter-terrorism, etc. -- or if you have a friend or relative in another country who does -- I would be very interested to read your / their answers to my question.

Security professionals only... no armchair experts, please. I'd like to know the about what other countries currently use as SOP or consider to be "best practices."

Edited by haroldc

But, I admit, difficult to prove. It doesn't matter they're only fooling themselves.

LaoPo

Not sure if Invision has option for public polls, however that would determine who was voting. (seen this available on other forum software)

I don't know; administration would know I suppose but if that was the case they would also know about the stars, disappeared, from so many members and Mods.

AFAIK only a few (non)active members have now 4 stars* left.....:

1 Mod -

2 Banned members (SRJ and Plus) and members

Animatic (friend of SRJ) and

Publicus*, friend of Animatic. :D

Rixalex

Samuian

TAWP

A_Traveler

Marshbags

Insight

jdinasia

ricardo

taxexile

h90

stumonster

tutsiwarrior

Tony Clifton

ovenman

* Publicus, having 4 stars after some 1200 posts and well respected Mods with many (tens of) thousands only 1 or 2 stars ? :D Strange and weird.

MOST other Mods/Admin have been stripped off their stars; something to think about and most likely clarifying something of what's going one behind the curtains of some frustrated banned members. :)

Some (ex) members and/or their alter ego's are very busy rewarding stars to friends because it takes many +stars or -stars to add or remove just one star :D

So visible...not even 2 dozen people with 4 stars on more than 100,000 members? :D

There were many more before some were banned....

LaoPo

I agree. It is odd. The best guess, something big is about to happen.

Something big possibly,

and that there are credible threats to his life including professional level snipers.

And bottom line the guy just needed a few days of rest to think CLEARLY

and also as those around him reappraised the situation and came up with alternative options.

^yes I agree current govt is bad/rotten, so we must start fresh. Your wife is very wise ozzieman!!! :)

No use destroying and plowing back into the ground half the crop

All the Red leaders must also go and any red shirts that wish to keep demonstrating

Only the true Thais who really want a democratic future for Thailand are to live

and these will come from the new leaders born from what we call a REVOLUTION

One possibility is that Abhisit is working overtime to prevent a coup.

Or, the military are trying to forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do. We all know how stubborn Abhisit can be.

The problem is, Abhisit made a deal with the devil to get into power. It is impossible to pay the devil back.

:)

Very good point and thanks! 1200 votes so far with only about 50% replies (many of them by the same members though)

My theory of votes by multiple returning members with many alter ego's wasn't so bad after all.

But, I admit, difficult to prove. It doesn't matter they're only fooling themselves.

LaoPo

Fairly simple explanation - People vote, but don't comment. Not unheard of.

Sure there are probably some double posters, but that would occur on both sides so would even out.

edit: and it's probably 1200 votes, and 50 individual posters ... but I'm not going to go through and count them.

From day 1, I have stated that this poll was biased: one answer was missing RESIGN. So I am with the 50% of non registered.

I deduct that 50% have the same opinion than me: RESIGN. Sure, Yoshiwara will understand my logic.

(Thaksin is not my cheer leader, I am not a thaksinist, but I have some sympathy for the Northern population sidelined in the 2 speeds development of Thailand)

Or, the military are trying to forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do. We all know how stubborn Abhisit can be.

The problem is, Abhisit made a deal with the devil to get into power. It is impossible to pay the devil back.

Not impossible....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thailand-Cou...97#entry3508697

LaoPo

From day 1, I have stated that this poll was biased: one answer was missing RESIGN. So I am with the 50% of non registered.

I deduct that 50% have the same opinion than me: RESIGN.

To people who moan about polls being not to their liking, are you aware that every single member here is equally able to start polls themselves?

Simply concluding that all those who didn't vote must therefore share your viewpoint is a bit daft tbh.

"What Do You Want Pm Abhisit To Do Now?"

Is there anything left what he can do? :)

PM to refrain from giving interviews to media for several more days: Panithan

Published on April 15, 2010

Deputy PM's Secretary-General Panithan Watanayakorn said Thursday that Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva will refrain from giving interviews to media for several more days for safety reason.

Thursday was the fifth day that the prime minister did not meet the media.

Panithan said the prime minister would have to remain in the 11th Infantry Regiment for several more days.

He said the prime minister will communicate with the public once in a while and will rush to solve the country's problems.

The Nation

If there's anything a PM should do in times of unrest is communicate with the Press and the people.....not keeping silent; UNLESS he's forced to be silent.

5 days already without any communication with the Press.....for safety reasons ?? :D

hmmm...

LaoPo

simple- SHOW LOVE

show that all thai's that they are all brothers and sisters

parents, brother, mothers, a total devotion to non violence

Let His Majestys bestow us His wisdom as He once did before and show a way to resolve this without anymore bloodshed

it CAN be done

we can do this

why do we choose the way of the gun?

answer= ego,people using the poor for their own gains

lets not tread this path,

lets show everyone the most powerful force on earth- love

I don't know; administration would know I suppose but if that was the case they would also know about the stars, disappeared, from so many members and Mods.

AFAIK only a few (non)active members have now 4 stars* left.....:

1 Mod -

2 Banned members (SRJ and Plus) and members

Animatic (friend of SRJ) and

Publicus*, friend of Animatic. :D

Rixalex

Samuian

TAWP

A_Traveler

Marshbags

Insight

jdinasia

ricardo

taxexile

h90

stumonster

tutsiwarrior

Tony Clifton

ovenman

* Publicus, having 4 stars after some 1200 posts and well respected Mods with many (tens of) thousands only 1 or 2 stars ? :D Strange and weird.

MOST other Mods/Admin have been stripped off their stars; something to think about and most likely clarifying something of what's going one behind the curtains of some frustrated banned members. :)

Some (ex) members and/or their alter ego's are very busy rewarding stars to friends because it takes many +stars or -stars to add or remove just one star :D

So visible...not even 2 dozen people with 4 stars on more than 100,000 members? :D

There were many more before some were banned....

LaoPo

Just curious. Regarding member's number of stars, where do you get your information about who has what? Have you painstakingly gone and checked each individual member, or is there a way to search for members with a certain number of stars?

Beyond that matter of curiosity, i can't help wondering why you waste you time caring about this matter. Most people don't even know the star rating exists and when they do, few i think believe it carries much if any meaning.

On a related matter... you regularly find a way to bring up SRJ's name, either directly or by insinuations, and obviously take great personal satisfaction in the fact that he was banned. It's a satisfaction than many others don't share because they feel he added something to the forum, much as other banned members did before getting their marching orders - including some red sympathisers i might add. Anyway, i'm not here to question the moderating. I'm here to say that yes, we all know you hated SRJ and rejoice his leaving, but is it necessary to continually be telling us how chuffed you are. Be satisfied you slayed the dragon and stop with all this paranoid crap about people being out to get your stars and people coming back from the dead to haunt you. You can't prove that they are and supposing you could and did, do you not think that showing this person / these people that it gets to you is not counter-productive and simply serves to encourage them all the more? Leave such matters to mods and admin - let them do their jobs. That's my advice anyway.

I could care less how many stars I have...

I do see some boxes, but never see stars..

is this supposed to mean something to me?

I do mis SJ and Plus. And Lawn Gnome too.

There are others I will never miss on their best day.

And some others who seem so paranoid that I wonder they can type whole thoughts.

But I digress.

Stars smars who cares.

If they are indeed holding him hostage and gagging him, I guess the obvious conclusion from this is because they strongly oppose what he wants to say/do whatever that is.

Yes, you guess.

Most of the time.

Just curious. Regarding member's number of stars, where do you get your information about who has what? Have you painstakingly gone and checked each individual member, or is there a way to search for members with a certain number of stars?

Beyond that matter of curiosity, i can't help wondering why you waste you time caring about this matter. Most people don't even know the star rating exists and when they do, few i think believe it carries much if any meaning.

On a related matter... you regularly find a way to bring up SRJ's name, either directly or by insinuations, and obviously take great personal satisfaction in the fact that he was banned. It's a satisfaction than many others don't share because they feel he added something to the forum, much as other banned members did before getting their marching orders - including some red sympathisers i might add. Anyway, i'm not here to question the moderating. I'm here to say that yes, we all know you hated SRJ and rejoice his leaving, but is it necessary to continually be telling us how chuffed you are. Be satisfied you slayed the dragon and stop with all this paranoid crap about people being out to get your stars and people coming back from the dead to haunt you. You can't prove that they are and supposing you could and did, do you not think that showing this person / these people that it gets to you is not counter-productive and simply serves to encourage them all the more? Leave such matters to mods and admin - let them do their jobs. That's my advice anyway.

:D You blame me for being curious and yet you ask me, curiously, questions HOW someone gets those stars ? YOU, with 4 stars don't know? :D

Ask your friends; I'm sure they know!

Sorry for you but hate isn't in my dictionary; I don't hate people, not on this forum and not outside.

And, about the stars? Yes, I painstakingly checked all 100,000+ members how many stars they have; isn't that great ? Took me 9 months, 7 days, 13 hours + 14 minutes..........:)

If you don't like my posts (you clearly don't, showing by your attacks on my person all the time) why don't you put me on ignore?

Have a nice evening.

LaoPo

And some others who seem so paranoid that I wonder they can type whole thoughts.

But I digress.

Stars smars who cares.

Put them on ignore; simple. :)

LaoPo

:D You blame me for being curious and yet you ask me, curiously, questions HOW someone gets those stars ? YOU, with 4 stars don't know? :D

Ask your friends; I'm sure they know!

I don't blame you for being curious i blame you for being a bit on the anal side. And i didn't question how stars were awarded, i questioned why you gave a hoot.

And, about the stars? Yes, I painstakingly checked all 100,000+ members how many stars they have; isn't that great ? Took me 9 months, 7 days, 13 hours + 14 minutes.......... :)

Ignoring the sarcasm then, it seems you are saying that there is no way to search for such information and you have simply selected certain members to check their star rating, and the fact that a number of known anti-Thaksin posters have 4 stars and you don't, is information enough for you to conclude a conspiracy?!

If you don't like my posts (you clearly don't, showing by your attacks on my person all the time) why don't you put me on ignore?

It's not that i don't like your posts is that often times i don't happen to agree with what you say. Why on earth would that be a reason to put someone on ignore? If everyone on here agreed with each other, what a boring place it would be. Don't take everything so seriously.

But I digress.

Stars smars who cares.

Put them on ignore; simple. :)

LaoPo

I think you'll find that Animatic was talking about members who have already been banned. Not much point in putting them on ignore, although i guess it might give some satisfaction. :D

Soooo, 500 or 600 people could be bothered to log in come and vote, but not express an opinioin!

I always thought that voting was expressing an opinion ? Not posting too, perhaps one doesn't have that much to add, or feel so strongly ?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PM-to...--30127219.html

Very very suspicious !!

Perhaps Abhisit does have morals and now wants to resign and dissolve the House, but is being "persuaded" not to inside the Army base.

If you do not see him for many days, there might be a coup already of some sort taken place ??

I agree, this is very suspicious for the PM to be silent like this for so long.

Perhaps PM-Abhisit just wants to try to let things cool-off ? Or perhaps he views the sharp-shooting assasins as a personal threat, to himself & not only senior army-personnel ?

Perhaps "determined & principled" rather than "stubborn", but he does have many other pressures on him, not just a 'peaceful protest' to consider. He is, after all, PM of the whole country, not just a leader of a pressure-group trying to demonstrate its way into power.

The red-shirt leaders might also be under pressure, from their own devils, one suspects.

Perhaps he's waiting, like many others, to see how many return to Bangkok, after the Songkran holidays ? :)

simple- SHOW LOVE

:)

This is the real world unfortunately.

Regardless of one's political persuasion, the only way to communicate with that type is to get on them, hard. Show any type of caring and they'll see it as weakness and walk all over you.

Still

What Do You Want Pm Abhisit To Do Now?
. Get in there and disperse the mob. :D

But I digress.

Stars smars who cares.

well i think you're a little star Animatic - quite a star :)

I was speaking about those banned.

I don't bother with ignore for banned or not. Simple reasoning.

I know they will slag me and I won't know it. So can' respond.

Also you end up seeing them quoted anyway.

Better know know what the fools are doing than be self blinding.

Several of the banned just come back with a different Nick

and blatehr on till their style can't remain hidden and they are given away

Awesome!

Also for the obvious Perception Management shills it is better to see

where their manipulations are heading, rather than, again, to be self blinding.

Well finally the Dissolutionists have reached 2 to 1 27.75 to 55.50

Still not even close to the 'Don't give in to mob rule' vote.

So how many are antidisestablishmentarians?

(not often can you legitimately ask this question.) :)

Here's some information that could be interesting when discussing this subject. It sheds some light on what otherwise by some would be considered speculation. It is information that I feel wouldn't be shared with a westerner easily and people wouldn't openly have told me if I hadn't been fluent in Thai.

My daughters mother (that would be my wife) has several friends that are red supporters, she told me several days ago now that her friend Ui gets 1,000 bath when he goes to a red shirt rally. It is paid cash on the spot.

I met them all during Songkran, we got very wet having fun together, and I asked him if he goes to the rallies now. He answered, No, don't go any longer, I have heard they pay 2,000 bath now (after people have died) but I don't go, dangerous. He also said that not all who go gets paid, he had a friend who wanted to go when he heard about the payment but he didn't get any money when he got there