Moto Gp

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's BS! (the officials explanation.)

I saw one of the medics dropping one of the handles of the stretcher Redding was on. Poor Shoya had Redding ride over him and he got hit in the helmet too; there wasn't much they could do for him.

What they're not saying is that the MotoGP had to start on time . . . . come what may.

Edited by Valdezugar

I agree its BS.

Totally surprised why it wasn't red flagged, two riders unable to move next to the track.

Another link to Crash.net informs us that the prosecutor of Rimini is considering to take action as an inquest, has reportedly, been launched.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/163063/1/prosecutor_considers_action_over_tomizawa_death.html

It is good to know that people is moving to make sure that we will not have such a bad handling in case of a major accident such as the one on last Sunday. However, I believe that give the fault for Tomizawa's death to a marshall/s is not the correct thing...they are just voluntaries that undergo simple education and training programmes done by Dorna.

I've attached few pictures taken by a friend of mine at the circuit, I do not who's bike is that ( De Angelis or Tomizawa - RIP ) but it is totally smashed!!! On the pictures you can also see Scott Redding whom seems fine.

post-104445-018937800 1283917633_thumb.j

post-104445-045642600 1283917750_thumb.j

post-104445-079187600 1283917773_thumb.j

post-104445-018348200 1283917842_thumb.j

It is good to know that people is moving to make sure that we will not have such a bad handling in case of a major accident such as the one on last Sunday. However, I believe that give the fault for Tomizawa's death to a marshall/s is not the correct thing...they are just voluntaries that undergo simple education and training programmes done by Dorna.

I've attached few pictures taken by a friend of mine at the circuit, I do not who's bike is that ( De Angelis or Tomizawa - RIP ) but it is totally smashed!!! On the pictures you can also see Scott Redding whom seems fine.

They should have stopped the race and given Tomi better emergency care; instead of draggin him off on a stretcher and risking further injury. I'm blaming the race director here. Marshals were just doing as they were told.

New circuit for everyone this weekend. MotoGP round will be held in Aragon, Spain. Some good information about the circuit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_del_Motor_de_Arag%C3%B3n

For the 3rd time this season a race will be held in Spain ( Valencia still to come ). I understand that Dorna is a Spanish company but wouldn't it be better to do more races in other countries rather than 4 races in one country only?

Bautista will be the sole Suzuki rider this weekend as Capirossi will not race due to an inujury on his right hand.

MOTOGP: 1. Lorenzo, 2. Rossi, 3. Stoner. Pole: Pedrosa

MOTO2: 1. Iannone, 2. Simón, 3. Elías. Pole: Simón

125cc: 1. Márquez, 2. Terol, 3. Smith. Pole: Terol

Cheers

I think this weekends races were possibly the most boring I've seen for a while, 125's apart , which was a good race.

The highlight was Nicky Hayden pulling a really good move on Jorge Lorenzo a few corners from the end, great move and it must have surprised Lorenzo also.

Ducati's first win this year and both riders on the podium.....well done.

I'm happy that Hayden has finally got a podium in this weekend and at the exspense of Lorenzo, who seemed to spit the dummy out at the end ( not used to "not" climbing the podium at every race now ).

Well done to Iannone.....flying.

Great podium by Hayden he deserved it as his last lap manoeuvre was amazing!!!

Have you guys noticed the lack of evolution for the Yamaha in the last few races??? Honda and Ducati have both done a great job and seems that their package ( especially Honda's one ) is more complete now......Yamaha's lack of evolution started since Rossi confirmed his move to Ducati!!!

Cheers

Back on line finally after tech problems. Unfortunately didn't see the 125 race, so dont know what happened to Marquez. That championship will stay alive the longest, interestingly there is no Italian contender let alone point scorer, which is a bit of a worry given our almost collective concern about the spanish armada. I note that Aragon was the reserve track for just in case, in this case Hungary couldn't get its track ready on time so Spain only had 3 scheduled races, which is probably fair enough given their stakeholding.

I still reckon Iannone on hi day beats Elais hands down but the points tell a different story, not much overtaking happening here, are they all getting to the same development spot so to speak?

I think Casey is a better proposition on a new track, and it seems they've almost thrown out this years bike, but with Hayden improving also it cant be a bad thing. I dont know Soihok I was a bit absorbed in the time duel between Dani and Casey, this is how these two guys operate, almost clinical in a way. And with Lorenzo being bumped by Hayden, I got a thrill at teh end too, pity we didn't see Dovi's crash, what happened there?]tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Don't know what happened to Dovi either.

Marquez was fuming at being bumped off in the first corner of the 125 race, quite right also.

I agree that the Yams seem to be falling behind a bit now, or is that Honda and Ducati have improved vastly after being walked over by Yamaha? Rossi's move has certainly upset something, his own pace is the biggest loser.

He was on the podium last time out and its fair to say that we all expect to see him up at the front all the time, well my missus does anyway.

I am impressed by Bens Pies though, same bike as Edwards?

Just found out that Colon Edwards is riding for Tech 3 again next year!

Not exactly on top of things is he? I wonder why they have made this decision?

Could be Col's riding for peanuts though, just being grateful of a ride.

He wasn't too bad last year but he really poor this year. I think the team would be better bringing another WSBK rider in alongside Cal Crutchlow.

Anyway, what do I know, I make tunnels in Singapore, not run MotoGP teams.

post-8817-086246800 1285023746_thumb.jpg

Edited by soihok

In my opinion it is always better to have an experienced ( and I guess cheap ) rider that can help you with the bike development than an expensive rookie. Colin has not had a good season but as I mentioned before he is one of the best for bike development. Moreover, it has been very important for rookies such as Toseland and Spies ( and it will be for Crutchlow next season ) to have an experienced team mate like Colin.

Regarding the HONDA team, Pedrosa will be riding for Repsol Honda for 2 more years. Most probably we will have a two-man Repsol Honda team ( Stoner / Pedrosa ) and a second single Honda team for Dovizioso which is likely to be sponsored by Red Bull.

Impressive picture Soihok........you do not run a MotoGP team but I guess your job is much tougher!!!

Rossi might need to have shoulder operation before the end of this season. He injured his shoulder during a motocross training back in April and it seems that it is still very painful.

Will Yamaha allow him to miss more races and let him get fully fit for his next season with Ducati?!? I don't think so...

Cheers

It would be a great shame for the fans that will visit these races not at least see Rossi ride.

Depending how urgently in need of attention his shoulder is, I think that he owes it to these fans to have a go and make an appearance.

I don't feel he would take the decision lightly to miss the last rounds to get himself fit for next year, it just doesn't sound like his style does it?

Miiyai, that's not me in the picture but its what I do for a living. Well, at this time its all planning thats why I'm tied to this computer so much. When my plans are put into action next year I will be abscent from the forum for much of the time, as I'll be in places like the guy in the picture.

post-8817-015371000 1285044261_thumb.jpg

Nice to see that the thread is having more posters!!! - Thanks for the info Kwasaki, it is interesting to know that Yamaha would like to keep using a 800CC engine but I guess that this will not be possible as they will need to match the other manufacturers engine performance.

This weekend MotoGP will be racing at Rossi's home and therefore I'm expecting him to win the race....a home race does not help the american riders only ;).

MOTOGP: 1. Rossi, 2. Pedrosa, 3. Lorenzo. Pole: Rossi

MOTO2: 1. Iannone, 2. Elías, 3. Corsi. Pole: Iannone

125cc: 1. Terol, 2. Márquez, 3. Smith. Pole: Terol

Cheers and drive safely!!!

Hi ' Miiyai46 ' l mostly look at ' Thailand Motorbike forum ' they do not talk much about MotoGP on there, I found this by just looking on other forums.:unsure:

This a good post started by ' sokhok ' l read through it quite offen to catch with what guys are talking about.

I use to start talking about MotoGP in the pub when I lived in England and find myself sitting alone. ha ha. :D

I use to be able to get MotoGP on my ' PSI sat ' from Malaysia but the program got taken off and went to a pay channel.

I don't know how to get to watch it now and with the internet here keep cutting off that don't help.

I keep up with things on MotoGP site and MCN site because I have long been a Rossi fan watching him rise from the 125s.

I'm looking forward to next year with Rossi, with the best ever Italian on Italian it should be intresting.

Ok, " ride to live " you guys out there.:jap:

Hey Kwasaki.

Motorbikes take on all shapes and forms, the bike forum isn,t exactly bursting with enthusiasm for MotoGP but this thread is.

You will find that the regulars here have a burning addiction for bike racing and visit events as much as they can.

Last year I went to two rounds of MotoGP races , in Europe and Asia.I took my 2 year old daughter to Donnington and my Thai brother in law to Sepang. He had never been out of Thailand before, never mind see Rossi celebrate winning the 2009 MotoGP World Championship on the podium.

I,m still undecided on a trip Sepang this year. I would be riding up from Singapore on me Triumph, if any one is also up for the ride I'll put in a leave request with the wife :)

I am in screaming engine heaven this weekend as I have a weekend pass to the Singapore F1, awesome.

Lorenzo will take the title this year, Rossi seems to be fading into the shadow that is Ducati while Dani and Casey challenge each other for runner up. Bens Pies will have a great charge towards the end of the season finishing higher than Rossi and Dovi.

Elias for Moto2 champ.

125, well , you tell me?

Edited by soihok

Hello soihok

I only got to see live races in UK great atmosphere but I must say l like the covering of TV you get to see much more.

I would like to get to Sepang some day maybe treat myself to it next year.

I use to do track days in the UK it was a great fun day out and use to take my son minimoto racing which were done on go-cart tracks.

My youngest son older now is doing track days now but hires a bike he doesn't like using his pride and joy.

What's the Triumph ? are you finding good, I liked riding the triples, great sound too.

I see on MotoGP site Lorenzo has a good chance with his 284 but there still 5 to go but l think his a clever rider now having follow Rossi a lot of the time.:D

Pedrosa on 228 could only win now if things went pear shaped with the Yam.

There a lot of talent on the scene nowadays Dovizioso has always impressed me. good style.

Tony Elias with 224 has runaway with it., I would like to see him back in MotoGP. Scott Redding GBR has a long way to go.

Rider Bike Nation Points

1. Nicolas TEROL Aprilia SPA 208

2. Pol ESPARGARO Derbi SPA 202

3. Marc MARQUEZ Derbi SPA 197

4. Bradley SMITH Aprilia GBR 144

125's always a good scrap any of top three could win it, Bradley still up there but not enough maybe next yext year if they don't grab him for Moto2.

Ok ! be lucky and " ride to live ".

Edited by Kwasaki

Motegi round is next. It is Honda's circuit and therefore I expect Pedrosa to give everything and win the race with Lorenzo thinking about the championship and getting good points only.

Most probably will have a Spanish champion for each category. The only one that could break this Spanish reign would be Smith.....but it seems difficult for him.

MOTOGP: 1. Pedrosa, 2.Stoner, 3. Lorenzo. Pole: Lorenzo.

Moto2: 1. Elías, 2. Iannone, 3. Simón. Pole: Iannone

125cc: 1. Márquez, 2. Smith, 3. Terol. Pole: Márquez

Pedrosa has crashed during pratcice 1 and sustained an injury in his left clavicle. He will not participate in Sunday’s race and therefore we can say that Lorenzo is this year champion!!!

MOTOGP: 1. Rossi, 2.Stoner, 3. Lorenzo. Pole: Lorenzo.

Just read that now.

Throttle cables sticking open at Honda's home track....obviously the Repsol team didn't get the recall on their RC212V. How embarrassing, but how painful for Dani and dissappointing for Honda fans.

So we have our new world champ, I can say that he has been head and shoulders above the competition this year with a fast and consistent show, after Rossi,s crash at least. It is a shame about the Doctor's leg as he was right up there. It has put a damper on the season and now with the only hope of any real challenge being flown back to Spain to get fixed up, interest will turn to Moto2 and the last 125 races in MotoGP.

He will more than likely lift the crown in Sepang.....just like Rossi did last year.

WELL DONE JORGE!!!!!!

Just found out that he has signed for Yamaha for another 2 years along side B.Spies. No surprise there really.

You were only a one tenth of a second out either way " Miiyai46 " with you predictions.

Pretty much a done thing with MotoGP and yes well done Jorge a deserved championship l think.

Good win in Japan for Casey and the Doctor up there still and l suspect still not quite fit.

Jorge behind Rossi just hardly anything between the first four.

Dovizioso will be one of the ones to watch l hope next year l think.

Shame about Pedrosa, sticky thottle cables maybe it was supplied by one of Toyota's suppliers.:rolleyes:

The last 3 laps we had yesterday at Motegi were real motor racing. We should thank both Rossi and Lorenzo for making a boring race to look great!

Rossi did show once again that he is the number one, he was very aggressive and gave all his best to keep Lorenzo behind him. Nice to see that on MotoGP we have no team orders although at the end of the race Jarvis confirmed that they were going to have a little chat with both riders!

Cheers

It was a great end to the race, you just knew something was going to happen.

Happen it did.

I wouldn't like to be Dani's mechanic at this time.

Lorenzo can't complain really, if the title means more than a few mad laps he would have backed off. But these guys have a burning passion to be the best on two wheels.

I'm back for a quick note. Due to IT problems have been off line at home. Am off to Aus in less than a week and Phillip Island is the first stop. I've also been to Sepang and its pretty good fun too. Just had a little crash on my Honda only scraped my elbow and right knee but got wet becasue it was 4 inches of water on the slimy bridge near home. Everyone got a good laugh. I'm going to count them up one day. Slow down a notch, hmm maybe.

I hope Casey can keep winning because with Dani crashing the championship is over, well until Saturday afternoon not statistically anyway. I hope Rossi keeps riding the commentators were alluding to him maybe stopping now for his shoulder surgery, I dont think so after seeing the battle with Chupa Chup at Motegi. So it seems the grid shakeup for next year is reaching a fever pitch, Moto2 is apparently well oversubscribed.

The sound of 4 stroke MotoGP is awesome if you hear it for the first time, I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing Moto2.

Enjoy your Phillip Island GP, it is one of the nicest circuit in the MotoGP championship.

It is confirmed that Pedrosa will not be racing in Sepang and therefore Lorenzo needs to finish in ninth to be world champion.

We might have a Spanish rider (Elias) winning the championship in Moto2 as well... What a weekend it might be for Spanish motor racing!!!

MOTOGP: 1. Stoner, 2. Lorenzo, 3. Rossi. Pole: Lorenzo

MOTO2: 1. Simón, 2. Elías, 3. De Angelis. Pole: Elías

125cc: 1. Márquez, 2. Smith, 3. Terol. Pole: Márquez

I hope to see some more elbow banging on Sunday.

Won't be going although its only a few hours drive from here.

Two new world Champions possible this weekend, should be good.

Have a good one in Aus!!!

Not only is it going to be a Spanish victory in every class, its highly likely to be Spanish second in all classes as well isn't it.

Thats a great result for the Armada, I say where are the Italians in the 125 class.

for Sepang

Dovisioso, Stoner, Rossi

Iannone, De Angelis, Redding

Marquez, Terol, Espargaro

Jorge's weekend and Rossi steals the show.

Well done to both of them, sadly the broken leg set the championship.

Great race in Moto 2, well done Toni and team, a truely worthy world champion.

Great victory for the Doctor and it was evident that Jorge wasn't prepared to get into another battle like last week.