British Embassy In Bangkok Open Next Week?

I have done a search and couldn't find the answer! I have also mailed the embassy - but as not strictly 'urgent' do not expect a reply too soon.

Does anyone know if the British Embassy, and whilst I'm at it the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs, are still open for services (Affirmation to Marry), what with all the trouble in Bangkok?

I have been requested to return to the UK for work within the next 3 weeks, and am on my 'last' 90 day border run from a 1 year Multi Entry, which runs out in June (15 months - give or take), and I don't expect to be back by then - so wanted to sort out my Extension of Stay (based on marriage) and re-entry permit before I go, which means I need the above, a trip to the Amphur and Immigration here locally (Ta Phraya/ Aranya Prathet). Already had the 'traditional' village wedding with monks and the like - don't ask about Sin-sod! ;-) - this is a joke!

Any help, people who have been there recently, muchly appreciated!

Trev

The embassy is open all next week, in fact from Friday this week, the details are on their website http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us...office-holidays

Obviously whilst the situation in Bangkok remain like it is there could be short term closures, you will be aware the embassy isn't too far from the reds demo site.

As for the situation in Changwattana there was a closure there when the demonstrators went to the Electoral Commissioners, but I am afraid you will just have to monitor events.

The embassy is open all next week, in fact from Friday this week, the details are on their website http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us...office-holidays

Obviously whilst the situation in Bangkok remain like it is there could be short term closures, you will be aware the embassy isn't too far from the reds demo site.

As for the situation in Changwattana there was a closure there when the demonstrators went to the Electoral Commissioners, but I am afraid you will just have to monitor events.

Is there anywhere a map showing where the reds' current demo site is in relation to the British Embassy?

Edited by OJAS

If this link works, it's as about as near as I can get. The intersection by "B" is the centre of the demo, but it spreads out in all directions.

The link didn't work so I have deleted it, if you turn right out of the embassy and right on the main road, I would say it's about 15-20 mins to the centre of the reds demo stage.

Edited by theoldgit