Rival Thai 'Yellows' Discuss Moves As 'Reds' Rally On

webfact

85 people died in the "Tak Bai incident" under Thaksin. How many died under Abhisit's "Rohingya" incident?
Over the years thousands of Rohingya also have fled to Thailand. There are roughly 111,000 refugees housed in 9 camps along the Thai-Myanmar border. There have been charges that groups of them have been shipped and towed out to open sea from Thailand, and left there. In February 2009 there was evidence of the Thai army towing a boatload of 190 Rohingya refugees out to sea. A group of refugees rescued by Indonesian authorities also in February 2009 told harrowing stories of being captured and beaten by the Thai military, and then abandoned at open sea. By the end of February there were reports that of a group of 5 boats were towed out to open sea, of which 4 boats sank in a storm, and 1 boat washed up on the shore. February 12, 2009 Thailand's prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said there were "some instances" in which Rohingya people were pushed out to sea.

"There are attempts, I think, to let these people drift to other shores. [...] when these practices do occur, it is done on the understanding that there is enough food and water supplied. [...] It's not clear whose work it is [...] but if I have the evidence who exactly did this I will bring them to account." [6]

The prime minister said he regretted "any losses", and was working on rectifying the problem.

2,275 were killed on war on drugs and many other unaccounted for.

The majority of who got killed was innocent people not drug traffickers.

In 2003 Thaksin gave the green light to the police and other authorities to show no mercy in cracking down on the narcotics trade in the country, in particular the networks supplying methamphetamines. In its letter, Human Rights Watch recalled lines Thaksin had delivered to justify the blood-bath. ‘’Because drug traders are ruthless to our children, so being ruthless back to them is not a bad thing,’’ Thaksin had said. ‘’It may be necessary to have casualties…If there are deaths among traders, it’s normal,’’

The consequences of those words became disturbingly clear early on in the anti-drug drive. During the first three months of that ‘war,’ which began in February that year, over 2,275 people were killed. Other deaths followed as the campaign was extended till the end of 2003.

Among those who lost a relative was Malai Khamjarsai. Her sister and brother-in-law were shot to death on the evening of May 19, 2003, at a security checkpoint near the city of Mae Sot, close to the Thai-Burma border. ‘’Both of them were innocent; they were clean; they only earned money through their transport business,’’ the 40-year-old Malai told IPS this week. ‘’The police and the government did little to investigate at that time.’’

The deaths also resulted in Malai having to care for the two children orphaned due to the deaths of her sister Umpaipan Roopongpraserd, who was 33 years at the time, and her husband, Pongtep who was 44. ‘’They are both boys, 12 and 16 years,’’ she says. ‘’We are still wanting to know why their mother and father were killed.’’

One person who may help is Kanit Na Nakorn, a respected former Thai attorney general, who has been appointed by the post-coup military government to head a committee tasked with uncovering the grisly details related to the ‘war on drugs.’ The delay in such an official inquiry over four years after the murder spree is due to the cold response by the Thaksin administration to stall any investigations into the thousands of extra-judicial killings.

:)

Edited by LuckyFive8888

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I am trying to get this correct in my head

The Red shirts want Democracy

Democracy is the will of the majority of the people

Am I right so Far ??????

Okay the Red shirts took over the streets of Bangkok saying they represent the people of Thailand

100,000 people turned yp for the party

For a month they had the majority of people demonstrating

Then out came the Pinks

Then out came the Greys and the Whites

Now we have the yellows

all saying No to the red shirts

Sounds a little like Parliment doesn't it, a coalition gathering together with an opinion opposite of what the reds want

Now if the Reds shirts really believe in Democracy, they should say well it looks like we are not all the people of Thailand and there seems to be others that think different.

Now as they believe in Democracy they should all wait a reasonable time 6-9 months agreed by the sitting parliment and let democracy (the people) decide

But NO

what I am hearing is

You must do what we want as we are more powerful and if we do not get what we want we will destroy all we can

Even with all these facts, there are still many TV members saying they only want Democracy

If Farang can not understand what Democracy is then what chance have Thai's

If I walk into the middle of a busy rd and get hit by a bus, then am I not at fault

If the red shirts try to take the law into their own hands and bra that the authorities can not touch them, they are above the law, and a few die in the upholding of the law

Again is it not in the end their own fault

The Law right or wrong is the law

If you do not like it change it the legal way

There where many and will be more Thais die before the end of this problem

But the law must be inforced or we will just end up with a lawless Thailand, and we will see this happen time and time again

It must stop now

A precedence set now for a future Thailand

The Red shits always complain about double standards

so lets set the standards now

The law of the land must be obeyed, and if not the price to be paid

The past and what people have done is gone

Only the future of Thailand matters now

85 people died in the "Tak Bai incident" under Thaksin. How many died under Abhisit's "Rohingya" incident?

We have also had 22 die under Abhisits handling of the protests, with (probably) more to come.

Abhisit was the one that gave the green light ..... :)

Now the stubborn mule is off in hua hin, cowardly attempting to distance himself from responsibility. Truly pathetic and shameless.

If there is a physical clash, the Reds will win, provided the army stays out of it. the Reds are tough folks. The men are real men, not delicate city dwellers that are not used to physical hardship. The Reds are not the ones that will need to put on the whitening cremes, scents and body lotions before the go into battle. I'm sure if there is some girl on girl 'rassling action the redshirts will win. :)

You got that right !!! My Isan farm boys are some tough dudes ,, real men used to hardship and staying power. I would love to have video of some of these spoiled rotten , pampered elitist teenagers going against them.

Any of you yellows have some thoughts of a fight ? I suggest you stop by the rally site and quietly walk among the crowd and see what you are up against.

You will see many ex military types, ( as black shirt guards ) and some very tough fanatical, committed people some of whom are ready to die for this protest.

The elites had their way with the country and brought it to its knees last time and imposed their minority will on the country. Now its our time and our right to express our opinion,, and if they try to get in our way all I can say is:

LET THE MAYHEM BEGIN !!! Its payback time.

Reading only this single "gigiman" post, one knows already that at least one mentally ill farang stays in Thailand.

I think your family isn't too proud of you or you just a coward and don't use this kind of language in your own country?

I Thank God for the mentality of the indolent Issan Farm boys, who send there wife's, daughters and sisters to Pattaya for there beer money!

it's pathetic to see a PM cling onto power when he has NO MANDATE -

NO MANDATE?

How many times have we been through this? And yet you still come back with exactly the same lies and mistruths.

Ehm.. Not Same.. Being legitimate is not the same as having your own mandate.. IMHO Abhsit's government is the former, but quite obviously doesn't have the latter. When you depend on bribing people from the opposition into your own coalition then quite clearly you donm't have a legitimate mandate directly from teh electorate. I thought we've been through that too.. :)

Thanks - this is CLEARLY what I have been saying over many, many weeks - I accept that the government is technically legal (so is Mugabe) but it does not have a mandate - it needs one

This is a nightmare!

This is a NATIONAL crisis - get a MANDATE from the people - Abhisit should show some moral leadership - hold elections get a mandate.

Reds fighting Yellows will spiral for years and years... Thailand does not need it - put oil on the water before it's too late

When Thaksin apologists whine 'This is a nightmare', it means that they think they are losing.

Bullies in retreat.

But not without the synchronised mantra.

To get Thaksin back to action the armed forces reshuffle.

Before the scheduled elections.

I didn't really catch any pro-red sentiment in that message, just a wish for this to stop. Nothing wrong with is there?.

Yoshiwara and his fellow yellows always twist anything and come back with rude comments - they all do it and have been doing it for months - no need for it but it says more about them than those who are trying to take a more rational line

This is a nightmare!

This is a NATIONAL crisis - get a MANDATE from the people - Abhisit should show some moral leadership - hold elections get a mandate.

Reds fighting Yellows will spiral for years and years... Thailand does not need it - put oil on the water before it's too late

When Thaksin apologists whine 'This is a nightmare', it means that they think they are losing.

Bullies in retreat.

But not without the synchronised mantra.

To get Thaksin back to action the armed forces reshuffle.

Before the scheduled elections.

I didn't really catch any pro-red sentiment in that message, just a wish for this to stop. Nothing wrong with is there?.

Elections is the only thing the reds are after, so it's a very pro-red sentiment.

If you think it's only reds who want an election you're living on another planet - this government has NO MANDATE and the killing must stop - they should go to the PEOPLE

do you want us to continue the present policy or not? let the people decide - no more blood bath!

Nail on the head there peter. You inadvertantly made the point that ONLY the reds want elections. :):D:D .

You also made the point that that is what it is about, elections. Nothing else, not ruin and damnation, not killing and not having the Army shoot all opponants. It is about elections... Democracy if you like.

We have heard it live on TV from PAD and Democrats that Thai people who do not vote Dem, are too stupid and should have their votes taken away and the Government appointed.

Thats how it is here. A self agrandising elite with a few deluded followers who unfortunatly had enough power over the Army at the time to make a difference.

Elections seems like a fair request to me. Elections where any party can stand, even if they are opposed to the Democrats and their masters.

You hang your hat on a hook that is not there.

There is an election scheduled.

Its just the timing that Thaksin objects to.

Strange how the Thaksin fan club always want to forget this point.

That they are instructed to riot re the timing of an election.

The red cheerleaders are also instructed not to discuss Thaksin's reason for an election now.

The army reshuffle.

So they never answer this point.

Including you.

You're fixated on Thaksin - do you dream about him? it's not about just about Thaksin - your posts are disintegrating into farce

Thanks - this is CLEARLY what I have been saying over many, many weeks - I accept that the government is technically legal (so is Mugabe) but it does not have a mandate - it needs one

Every MP was voted for by the people, and that's what gives a government its mandate. This government has it as much as any other.

The red cheerleaders are also instructed not to discuss Thaksin's reason for an election now.

The army reshuffle.

Including you.

You're fixated on Thaksin - do you dream about him? it's not about just about Thaksin - your posts are disintegrating into farce

People are fixated on Thaksin because he is at the root of everything that is going on at the moment. If you don't see that you are deluding yourself.

Every MP was voted for by the people, and that's what gives a government its mandate. This government has it as much as any other.

It doesn't have a mandate to kill Thais - and the only reason it is in power is because 'deals' were done and MPs jumped parties - so the MPs party the people voted for was CHANGED without the voters consent = no mandate

In a National crisis any reasonable government would seek a mandate to carry on the present policies - this government is made up of a hotch potch of parties who switch parties at the drop of a hat and for convenience - there is a national crisis - have you noticed people dying on the streets of the capital? people did not vote for this.

It doesn't have a mandate to kill Thais - and the only reason it is in power is because 'deals' were done and MPs jumped parties - so the MPs party the people voted for was CHANGED without the voters consent = no mandate

In a National crisis any reasonable government would seek a mandate to carry on the present policies - this government is made up of a hotch potch of parties who switch parties at the drop of a hat and for convenience - there is a national crisis - have you noticed people dying on the streets of the capital? people did not vote for this.

People also didn't vote for you guys causing the National Crisis. Oops sorry, its all the fault of the government for not dissolving parliament because of your protests.

Patriotism does not oblige us to acquiesce in the destruction of liberty. Patriotism obliges us to question it, at least’

Wise words that should be remembered and are being remembered by the current administration.

The Red Shirt Brigade would do well to look at the true policies and agenda of their self appointed local leadership and their outside financier leadership.

Edited by siampolee

Being the elected PM, he has a mandate to protect the country from violent minority mobs. That's what governments are supposed to do.

edit: The previous PPP governments were made up of the same hodge podge parties. Did that give them a mandate?

Edited by anotherpeter

'Patriotism does not oblige us to acquiesce in the destruction of liberty. Patriotism obliges us to question it, at least'

Wise words that should be remembered

But how to question anything if you are accused of, "Not loving your country" in doing so.

The reds have been allowed to question it. They are not allowed to ruin other peoples lives while questioning it.

People also didn't vote for you guys causing the National Crisis. Oops sorry, its all the fault of the government for not dissolving parliament because of your protests.

You forget they only became the government by default after the red elected government was banned and MPs changed sides - hence the protests

You forget they only became the government by default after the red elected government was banned and MPs changed sides - hence the protests

The PTP (ex-PPP) were still the government after the PPP was banned. All they needed to do was elect a new PM.

But they lost the support of the smaller parties.

Maybe the PPP/PTP lost the support of the smaller parties because they throught they had the mandate to whitewash Thaksin's crimes. Maybe the smaller parties didn't think they had a mandate to do that. So they gave their support to the Democrats.

The Democrats have the mandate to govern the country, because a majority of MPs representing the people of Thailand support them.

The PTP (ex-PPP) were still the government after the PPP was banned. All they needed to do was elect a new PM.

But they lost the support of the smaller parties.

Maybe the PPP/PTP lost the support of the smaller parties because they throught they had the mandate to whitewash Thaksin's crimes. Maybe the smaller parties didn't think they had a mandate to do that. So they gave their support to the Democrats.

The Democrats have the mandate to govern the country, because a majority of MPs representing the people of Thailand support them.

Then they will have no fear to go back to the people, during this time of national crisis, and seek an affirmation of your idea of a 'mandate' (which is far from mine) - this government is contrived - even Abhisit recognised it by saying it was 'far from ideal' the way he is PM

We have also had 22 die under Abhisits handling of the protests, with (probably) more to come.

Now the stubborn mule is off in hua hin, cowardly attempting to distance himself from responsibility. Truly pathetic and shameless.

Yes he gave the green light to UP Hold THE Law

So what do you want a lawless Thailand where mob rule prevails

and when 5 Thai men turn on you because you are Farlang you will say this is okay as well

Nail on the head there peter. You inadvertantly made the point that ONLY the reds want elections. :):D:D .

You also made the point that that is what it is about, elections. Nothing else, not ruin and damnation, not killing and not having the Army shoot all opponants. It is about elections... Democracy if you like.

We have heard it live on TV from PAD and Democrats that Thai people who do not vote Dem, are too stupid and should have their votes taken away and the Government appointed.

Thats how it is here. A self agrandising elite with a few deluded followers who unfortunatly had enough power over the Army at the time to make a difference.

Elections seems like a fair request to me. Elections where any party can stand, even if they are opposed to the Democrats and their masters.

The army reshuffle.

Including you.

I never read any where in his post where he said it WAS ALL ABOUT TASKIN

In fact he wrote it was mainly to do about Taskins wishes

Problem is here he is correct, but there are some people too blind to see it

and when 5 Thai men turn on you because you are Farlang you will say this is okay as well

So "upholding the law" involves killing innocent protesters ? even now abhisit admits the army fired live into the crowd.

i sure hope abhisit stops "upholding the law"

So "upholding the law" involves killing innocent protesters ? even now abhisit admits the army fired live into the crowd.

"Innocent" protestors don't attack military with spears, grenades, petrol bombs and guns.

"Innocent" protestors don't attack military with spears, grenades, petrol bombs and guns.

yeah, the guy with the top of his head blown off was so threatening waving that flag and footclapper, he deserved to die :)

No. He didn't deserve to die.

But, there is no evidence that the army shot him.

And he was in an area where the army were being attacked with grenades, bombs and firearms.

He wasn't just an "innocent" protestor.

yeah, the guy with the top of his head blown off was so threatening waving that flag and footclapper, he deserved to die :)

And he was in an area where the army were being attacked with grenades, bombs and firearms.

who you think shot him? Santa Claus?

"So "upholding the law" involves killing innocent protesters ? even now abhisit admits the army fired live into the crowd.

"

ANSWER

Easy answer to your question

Farang walking down street in Bangkok with young Thai girl

5 Red shirts approach him and protest why old fat man have young Thai girl

He turns to defend himself

as the Thais turn on him an innocent hit to the head and he dies

In your words they where innocent protestors so not guilty

Especially with the Thai fact if Farang not in Thailand it would not happen

You need to read more Tai newspapers this happens all the time

But in you eyes they not responsible

Quite the witty come back there ChiangMaiFun, little short on anything factual are we? :D

This topic has been beat to death (NO pun intended against the deceased :D ).

Even a cursory perusal of the video shows him facing his red cohorts in crime who are screen right when he’s hit.

He is clearly NOT facing the soldiers who are off the screen to the left when he’s impacted by the round. In fact, he falls TOWARDS the soldiers; screen left, indicating a hit from the right of the screen. The spray pattern (and most of his brain) bears this out on the ground.

Rampant speculation about the caliber, the gun, and who fired it are just that, rampant speculation. Last time I checked no one else had any more video of the scene.

It’s much like the Zapruder film in the JFK assassination, one poor quality film, and TONZ of rampant finger pointing.

Who stood to benefit from increased chaos, violence and any resultant deaths? Certainly not Abhisit nor the armed forces, who have been under increased pressure ever since. It was a cold and calculated move, much like we saw at Songkran in 2009.

He who runs with the Pack

Is considered on of the Pack

A very famous saying