What Happens If U Cant Get The 400 000 Or 40 000/w

Not that it is happening to me, but i will be marrying my Thai girl this year. And living in Thailand.

And was wondering what happens if my online income stops, and use all savings to live, then the visa is about to expire.

Max my wife could earn there is 25 000 per month, and my backup career is commercial pilot, not very useful there.

Do you basically get kicked out without your wife? or is there special exemptions to stay there claiming hardship? or do you just have

to make sure you don't run out of money?

Anyone been in this situation, or know someone?

Australia,

thanks so u basically do visa runs every 3 months for 15 months and hope to save the 400 000 or get a job.

and whats a visa run from Hua Hin cost?

So worst case it visa runs every 3 months, then a return flight to Aus every 15 months

Edited by ezythai

You can not use your wife's income

From Police order 777/2551

Section 2.18

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

You must go abroad and try to get a 1 year multiple entry non immigrant O.

With this visa you can stay 3 months at the time, got to the border exit and re-entry for next 3 months.

1. You meet the 40k/400k financial for extension of stay.

2. You obtain 90 day (or other) visa stays or visa exempt entry.

3. You obtain multi entry non immigrant O visa (one year) from KL with 100k in bank or Perth/home country without financial and make 90 day border runs for new entry.

4. You stay on basis of another provision - work or education perhaps.

5. You take wife to your home country.

Cool, i think i look at the worst case scenario, to heavily.

Basically there is always a way, and thanks for the heads up on the extra alternatives lobbur13. So with KL run 100 000 is all that is needed, now if

that cant be raised might as well quit. Do you know if that 100k has to be in account for 2 months? or just letter from bank.

Also i read a bit about this letter from bank, never heard if that occasionally gets falsified.

Thanks PoorSucker, i thought i read on a government site combined income, but u look like a seasoned poster. Seems 40k a lot to take away from a thai worker, the 40k combined looked logical

Edited by ezythai

A bank book showing 100k should be all (other than normal marriage proof/id) for KL currently. Requirements change often but there is normally always a way/place.

Combined income or wife income was removed about 15 months ago - it had only been allowed for a short period.

You can do it even cheaper than that.Visa run to Vientiane, free double entry tourist visa

1st entry, 60 days, then buy 30 day extension at local immigration.

Border run

2nd entry, 60 days, then buy 30 day extension at local immigration.

You can do this for a while .... 6 months in Thailand for each trip to Vientiane.

Ok, last question how many years of this usually, untill you can get a permanent stamp, i was told 3 years by lawyer is average

Have a good read of this thread.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Camerata-s-G...ide-t74654.html

Full of info on the PR process.

Will take at least 3 years and you will need a job in Thailand of at least 80 bht per year complete with tax returns if my memory serves me right.

Ok, last question how many years of this usually, untill you can get a permanent stamp, i was told 3 years by lawyer is average

You need a new lawyer if you were told that. You never get a permanent stamp (Permanent Residence) unless you apply for it; pay for it; and qualify for it; and to even apply will require 3 years on one year extensions of stay. Most people will not obtain; for one reason or another.

You can do it even cheaper than that.Visa run to Vientiane, free double entry tourist visa

Border run

You can do this for a while .... 6 months in Thailand for each trip to Vientiane.

Cheaper still........

Get a 14 day transit stamp from Poi-Pet (or other close land border). About 2,000 baht

Before the transit stamp expires, go to immigration with your wife and marriage Docs etc and get a 60 extension (1,900 baht).

When that expires, back to Poi-Pet for another transit stamp..... and so on.

Border run

They are not free still charging.

A bank book showing 100k should be all (other than normal marriage proof/id) for KL currently. Requirements change often but there is normally always a way/place.

Combined income or wife income was removed about 15 months ago - it had only been allowed for a short period.

Are there any current reports of people getting the 1 YR multiple based on marriage? I am currently planing a trip to a cosulate in Germany, but KL would be much more convinient. They just want to see 100,000 in Thai bank as well as proof of marriage and Thai ID? Thai wife doesnt need to be there as well? How long does the process take? I remeber it took less then 5 minutes in Essen/ Germany last year.

Border run

Cheaper still........

Get a 14 day transit stamp from Poi-Pet (or other close land border). About 2,000 baht

Before the transit stamp expires, go to immigration with your wife and marriage Docs etc and get a 60 extension (1,900 baht).

currently the Thai Tourist Visa is not FREE.

This 60day extension on 15day stamps are not unlimited, most likely you will get it only once ,except for a Non Immigrant "O" Visa.

Border run

Cheaper still........

currently the Thai Tourist Visa is not FREE.

This 60day extension on 15day stamps are not unlimited, most likely you will get it only once ,except for a Non Immigrant "O" Visa.

On my last extension I was specifically told by more than one immigration officer that it was indeed unlimited.

I was sure to check.

In Asia it is generally pick up the next day.

For Kl you would also need a copy of the household book and a short letter from the misses asking for a visa for you might be helpfull to prove the existing relationship. Next to wife's ID and marriage certificate copy.

The only word on limit to the 60 day extension to visit wife was one post when they said three times per year; if I recall correctly.

Under the pre 777/2551 order it was limited to one time (but that was not further defined).

The only word on limit to the 60 day extension to visit wife was one post when they said three times per year; if I recall correctly.

Under the pre 777/2551 order it was limited to one time (but that was not further defined).

Possibly another of these vague laws that are not enforced then. The people we spoke to even told us what we needed for the next application (something was wrong with our address last time, but they granted the extension regardless).

I am certainly not looking to do it this way every time anyway. I'd much rather have a proper visa record, such as NON-O, in my passport but as per the OP request it does make for a cheap alternative when cash is low.

If I was planning to marry here ( :) ) and wasn't sure about keeping at least 40k baht per month coming in, I'd be much more worried about my wife's reaction than Immigration's.

Seriously, if there's a lawful way to work it out, the generous experts on this forum will know it. Good luck.

If I was planning to marry here ( :) ) and wasn't sure about keeping at least 40k baht per month coming in, I'd be much more worried about my wife's reaction than Immigration's.

Seriously, if there's a lawful way to work it out, the generous experts on this forum will know it. Good luck.

Yeah but how do i get a work permit to show the 40k coming in a month from a web business?

You move to your home country where your working would be legal without a work permit? We are not living in a monolithic world yet.

Yeah the website will stay running in australia. i paypal myself spending money, will not be working there.

That will be up to what your Embassy will certify - the 40k if foreign source is proven by an Embassy letter.

Ok of course, i just need my embassy to show i earn 40k a month in Aus, dont know why i was thinking it needed to be in a thai bank account.

I was thinking the money i send every month from paypal will qualify, if i transfer from paypal to a thai account, and not need my embassy to verify, will work also?

dam_n never easy

hold 400 000 lose investment opps

declare money pay child support back home

what to do, if that 400 000 goes, but i think you guys answered it for me, border runs every 3 months, sound like a good excuse to travel around anyway.