Translate Ascii Encoding To Thai

p_brownstone

What are you trying to do? Just convert ASCII Thai (874) to Unicode? You can do this very easily in Word (or nearly any other conversion). Just open the file(s) with the option "Confirm source file encoding at opening" then convert to whatever you want, and save.

What are you trying to do? Just convert ASCII Thai (874) to Unicode? You can do this very easily in Word (or nearly any other conversion). Just open the file(s) with the option "Confirm source file encoding at opening" then convert to whatever you want, and save.

I received - via Email - a transcript of a conversation in Thai, however for some reason the Thai was converted into ASCII Code and I need to tranlate it back in order to read the Email.

I cannot find any way in Word to do this and as I say Thai2English - which I normally use - does not work for some reason.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Patrick

Problem is that if the encoding is ASCII the program has to 'guess' the source encoding because a simple text file (or snippet) doesn't include information on the 'language'.

For the very same reason Windows has an option in 'Regional Settings' that tells the system how to interpret texts in non-unicode programs.

How does this help solving the OP's problem? It doesn't :)

I had to deal with encoding problems with multiple languages in the past and it always gave me a headache. Not all programs/text editors support unicode yet and usually it took me a couple of tries to get the conversion right. If you can post a snippet of the text then I will have a try - you can send as PM if you don't want to post it here.

Otherwise have the person sent the transcript again as a file attachment and have him use a more complex file format that contains information on the encoding (e.g. PDF, Word) etc.

welo

post-73027-1271910006_thumb.jpg