Thai 'Red Shirts' Rule Out Talks Despite Looming Crackdown

webfact

If the PAD went to Khon Kaen and starting sleeping and pissing in the streets I'm sure it would take less than a month for an angry mob to form and kick them out. Reds have been begging for violence and they'll keep being A-holes till they get it.

Official police figures.

70% of reds are Bangkok residents.

Cite the source -----

Of the people currently attending the red rally are 70% from Bangkok and greater area

link to official statement:

http://media.thaigov.go.th/pageconfig/view...;contents=44001

read the last sentence

this is from bangkok pundit:

"Army: 70% of red protesters are from Bangkok and neighbouring provinces

On 20 April, Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd, CRES and army spokesperson, held a press conference and the Thai government's official website has summarized the press conference. Per Prachatai's translation of the government summary (confirm that the translation is accurate):

According to the CRES assessment, 30% of the 15,000-16,000 red shirts gathered at Rajprasong were from upcountry, and 70% from Bangkok and surrounding areas.

According to Matichon, the police state there were 40,000 reds on April 20, but well the numbers fluctutate depending on the time of the day."

http://us.asiancorrespondent.com/bangkok-p...uring-provinces

But coming from Bangkok or reside in Bangkok or coming from upcountry doesn't give an individual more or less rights to attend a rally in the country's capital. They all are Thai.

Funny is that some Falangs here on this board argue or demand that the protesters "should GO HOME to Issan where they belong as the uneducated farmer they are." And i read such comments from board members who are not residing in Bangkok, but claim to live in Pattaya or Samui. :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck this guy is seriously colour blind?

The point is the tourists were alledgedly injured by so called peace protesters, that's the point. What part of that irony don't you understand?

Hahaha, you don't find it ironic that the Peace protesters are there in the first place fighting the first batch of peace protesters? Come on man grow up...

Plus lets ask what in the world would tourists with half a brain be doing there anyway???

How about YOU looking at the big picture you can see one right?

After the pinks were using slingshots. Do you suggest they let themselves be killed by the slingshots? Slingshots do happen to be deadly weapons.

Funny I didn't read that the article said who did what first, can you please post the exact order in which things happened?

You are such a laughing stock, so the Pinks (god I hate these stupid colors) fired their industrial slingshots first... but how do you know they did not fire them in response to REDS poking them with sharpened bamboo sticks? :) or maybe the REDS poked them with sharp sticks after the Granny's in the Pink shirts ran across the intersection and hit them with their handbags..

You need to tone down your nonsense, you will seriously latch on to anything to keep the rhetoric at a fever pitch.. you must be a blast at parties.. oh sorry, likely never invited..

The point is the tourists were alledgedly injured by so called peace protesters, that's the point. What part of that irony don't you understand?

Hahaha, you don't find it ironic that the Peace protesters are there in the first place fighting the first batch of peace protesters? Come on man grow up...

Plus lets ask what in the world would tourists with half a brain be doing there anyway???

So now it's the tourists fault that they're injured? You're struggling with both arms and both feet against the fact that your "peaceful" pink shirts have just injured innocent tourists and have done more damage to Thailand in 1 day than the red shirts could have done in 1 month.

So now it's the tourists fault that they're injured? You're struggling with both arms and both feet against the fact that your "peaceful" pink shirts have just injured innocent tourists and have done more damage to Thailand in 1 day than the red shirts could have done in 1 month.

Please show me where I said it was THEIR fault?? I asked why in the world they would be there, why aren't you there????

First of all they are NOT "my" anything. I have no affiliation unlike you.

You think that A tourist being hit in the ear with a slingshot is more damage to Thailand than the REDS have done in the last month???

Ok clearly you are a nutcase not worth talking to anymore... time to turn off the troll bye bye little bridge dweller.

This is local people and they are angry, because som stupid red people are ruin their lives. It is no pink shirts or multicoloar shirts. It is just angry people that have had enough now.

FINALLY someone that gets it.

The so called "massive" support for the REDS in BKK is getting smaller every day. I base this on my personal day to day activities... hard to find someone outside the core that supports them openly anymore.. pretty telling if you ask me

http://twitter.com/DaengPridi

@andrewspooner These "desperate expats" seem to have no idea of what it took for their own countries to become democratic.

about 13 hours ago via web in reply to andrewspooner

@andrewspooner BTW, it's a good thing the ancestors of these "desperate expats" weren't as squeamish or pusillanimous as they have become.

about 13 hours ago via web in reply to andrewspooner]

Edited by whiterussian

This is local people and they are angry, because som stupid red people are ruin their lives. It is no pink shirts or multicoloar shirts. It is just angry people that have had enough now.

FINALLY someone that gets it.

The so called "massive" support for the REDS in BKK is getting smaller every day. I base this on my personal day to day activities... hard to find someone outside the core that supports them openly anymore.. pretty telling if you ask me

So unruly mobs committing acts of violence are OK now? Just as long as they don't wear matching shirts?

Local people? So it's okay if the pink locals attack tourists? Didn't the Abhisit government say that the majority of red shirts are also Bangkok locals?

About 100 people from the three neighbourhoods gathered on the Silom Road near the Dusit Thani Hotel and exchanged abusive words with the red-shirt protesters at 11pm.

If you bother to read the whole article, maybe you can understand why they are angry

Local people? So it's okay if the pink locals attack tourists? Didn't the Abhisit government say that the majority of red shirts are also Bangkok locals?

who is shooting rockets at an helicopter right now?

so now the reds are peaceful tourists?

give me a break.

majority of red shirts Bangkok locals?

in your dreams.

As a Thaksin man shouldn't the avatar be Chequevara?

Edited by yoshiwara

LOCALS. Try to read.

They're clearly being provoked intentionally by the PAD / Multis.

About 100 people from the three neighbourhoods gathered on the Silom Road near the Dusit Thani Hotel and exchanged abusive words with the red-shirt protesters at 11pm.

Try to read!

Thai red shirts may talk

Anti-government protesters in Thailand said they'd be willing to hold talks through a third party in order to help prevent further bloodshed.

reuterslogo.jpg

-- Reuters 2010-04-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

If you bother to read the whole article, maybe you can understand why they are angry

Didn't the army say they would shoot at protesters if they entered Silom? Or does that only count for red shirt protesters? So called "double-standards".

give me a break.

in your dreams.

Where have you been? Nobody said that the red shirts are tourists. But the pink shirts have this evening wounded 2 tourists with their slingshots. Try to keep up with the developments, buddy.

No I dont find it ironic at all.

The bigger picture? care to elaborate we need a laugh!!!

No I dont find it ironic at all.

The bigger picture? care to elaborate we need a laugh!!!

If the army and police continue to fail to do their jobs we can only expect more clashes. The reds are a dangerous mob and a threat to anyone around them. The people from Silom are showing that not all Thais are cowards and that some will not be intimidated by the reds.

give me a break.

in your dreams.

Agree with Yoshiwara,

I don't know why some people are so pro-red aren't they shy with their thick skin that they are supporting violent people that only wants to re-instate a dick-tator?

Besides, their leaders reflects so much how educated they are. Listen to the man in the youtube clip above. A high school student has more intellect than that man.

Thai red shirts may talk

Anti-government protesters in Thailand said they'd be willing to hold talks through a third party in order to help prevent further bloodshed.

reuterslogo.jpg

-- Reuters 2010-04-21

This doesn't sound like the voice of a rebellion that has a majority on it's side.

((((Here in Thailand, the reds are asking for basic civil rights that are recognized in Europe, and North America, Australia, New Zealand and even Japan.

While none of these nations is perfect, they do attempt to allow for real democratic rule. Thailand clearly does not.)))

Okay you have my interest

Please list all the civil rights Red Shirts do not have that lets say Bangkokians have

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

At 11:30 pm Wednesday, about 100 residents of Silom, Klong Toey and Thanon Tok areas threw things at red-shirt protesters.

About half an hour later, they threw beer bottles, glasses and other things at the red-shirt protesters as well as firing slingshots at them.

The Bangkok residents tried to break through the line of police to clash with the red-shirt protesters who surged towards the Silom people as well.

The red-shirt people then threw two Molotov cocktails at Silomp people, prompting them to retreat.

About 30 policemen tried to eparate the two sides but the two sides kept on firing slingshots at each other, prompting police themseles to retreat to be stationed in the compound of the hotel.

Seems the Reds have singularly pissed off the neighbors a 2nd year running.

.... like dogs barking at night... I wanna throw a shoe at them to shut up so that us good folks can get some shut eye!

This can not be true

Red shirts represent the Thai People

The people love them

This is all Government false information

:)

Who wrote this long, boring, academic post on civil disobedience.... moderator can you please delete this non-value-added arrogant, boring post and put it in the archives?

Yeah don't confuse us with the facts about true civil disobedience. :)

I agree

stop trying to change the story with the truth

we know what is happening

our red shirt leaders have told us

((((Here in Thailand, the reds are asking for basic civil rights that are recognized in Europe, and North America, Australia, New Zealand and even Japan.

While none of these nations is perfect, they do attempt to allow for real democratic rule. Thailand clearly does not.)))

Okay you have my interest

Please list all the civil rights Red Shirts do not have that lets say Bangkokians have

Which rights are these?

The right to perform illegal searches on fellow citizens

The right to stab soldiers with pointy sticks

The right to keep fellow citizens from their jobs

The right to intimidate journalists and the media

The right to impede the flow of traffic and commerce

The right to throw grenades at public buildings

The right to seize weapons from the police and army

"Local People" obviously means "PAD paid employees"... Or you thought it was doctors getting out of work and grandma's who own noodle stands?

Rofl

Some of you sure do religiously follow The Nation. better get those yellow hand clappers ready again.