Why Male Farangs Prefer Asian / Thai Partners

cognos

in regards to advertising that rubbishes/puts down men,maybe 'what goes round comes round" for decades women have been depicted as sex objects to sell products,so now its our turn.

What!!!!! Do you think being depicted as fools is the same as being a sex object? If the ads were depicting men as sex gods, I doubt I'd be complaining.

the point i was making was that its now our turn to be rubbished.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

White 'career' American chicks are the bottom of the barrel marriage-wise.

Foreign women from South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia are at the top. Only guys who travel (in other words, guys who are successful and ambitious enough to travel a lot) find these. But they never, ever go back.

Very true.

But people travel more and more, and that does change the world. More and more Western men will learn, that the world is not limited to what they get taught at home. The internet helps a lot too.

I sometimes watch those Scandinavian families in the BTS, noisy badly behaving children and presumptuous, dominant women. Then the submissive husband, who finally realizes that he made a huge mistake with his life.

Foreign women from South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia are at the top. Only guys who travel (in other words, guys who are successful and ambitious enough to travel a lot) find these. But they never, ever go back.

Very true.

But people travel more and more, and that does change the world. More and more Western men will learn, that the world is not limited to what they get taught at home. The internet helps a lot too.

I sometimes watch those Scandinavian families in the BTS, noisy badly behaving children and presumptuous, dominant women. Then the submissive husband, who finally realizes that he made a huge mistake with his life.

You should go to the beach sometime. Young Brit guys being bossed around by the ( western ) GF. Sad thing is, they'll probably get married, kids, divorced, peniless, bitter etc etc. DON"T DO IT!!!

There is some truth in this. I have been with 3 separate longterm farang relationships. They all start out well but after a while the expectations that were there in the beginning phase out. The taken for granted syndrome. It just happened to me that I was always expected to keep giving while it was ok for them to slow down on the same front.

Whether this will happen in my Farang/Thai relationship time will tell, but I suspect that while both sides maintain their side of the agreement that it will not phase out so easily.

If anything I worry that I might be the one in the longterm that takes the other side for granted. Something I do not want given my sense of finally finding some real companionship.

The other side of the reality is that I love the exoctic look and feel of Asian ladies. There is something very attractive about them. I still find Farang attractive too, but the gloss of them has worn off given my past relationships and the way they ended.

One other thing too, my thai lady has encouraged me to take beter care of myself, both in my habits and appearance. It is refreshing that she takes pride in the way I look. The way I was heading prior to her was drinking plenty and looking far beyond my age. My last partner obviously didn't care as long as I was bringing in the cash at my expense. Even my partner preceeding her would say you are looking old, but never offered up anything else but criticism.

Maybe it was your drinking plenty that took the toll on your relationships with white chicks. I have no problem with white girls and I have found the same issues with Asian girls. Don't get hung up on race, inside all women are the same. Thai girls may be more patient and less domineering, but many of them have the "I need a man to take care of me." attitude. I don't want to rescue anybody. I want an equal partner, a concept that escapes most Thai girls. Plus the conversation with Thai girls (yes I speak Thai) is shall we say, less than stimulating and that goes for educated girls as well.

All that said, I do prefer the look and feel of any woman who takes care of herself. Although many Thai girls look thin, they never exercise and once they hit about 35 it's downhill because they never broke a sweat in their lives and have no muscle tone (except for go-go dancers).

Men in the West do well not to get married there or found a family. It shows already in the birthrates, which are the lowest in the world.

Fertility rates

USA 2.05 children per female

New Zealand 1.99

France 1.89

Thailand 1.85

United Kingdom 1.82

Thailand is one of the lowest in the world too, and well below replacement rate. And the absolute lowest are not in the West, they are in Eastern Europe, Japan, and South Korea.

Why Male Farangs Prefer Asian / Thai Partners?

Because we are kind, gentle, caring, understanding, needs low maintenance and our relationship last forever.

yes,yes, yes.!

don't frget the role played by asian tongues....

western partners have forgotten how to use their tongues to "play" a more constructive role anymore after the western women liberation movements. besides, these days, wetern partners use their tongues to belittle or demolish the male partners verbally rather than orally.

but asian ones....wow, what a feeling...... :)

in regards to advertising that rubbishes/puts down men,maybe 'what goes round comes round" for decades women have been depicted as sex objects to sell products,so now its our turn.

What!!!!! Do you think being depicted as fools is the same as being a sex object? If the ads were depicting men as sex gods, I doubt I'd be complaining.

the point i was making was that its now our turn to be rubbished.

If that's all it was, I wouldn't care. However, given the amount of TV kids watch, it's actually brainwashing. Tell children often enough that men are stupid fools, and they will eventually believe that. Compared to such, believing that beautiful women love to clean toilets with ----- is probably pretty innocuous.

Men in the West do well not to get married there or found a family. It shows already in the birthrates, which are the lowest in the world.

Fertility rates

New Zealand 1.99

France 1.89

Thailand 1.85

United Kingdom 1.82

Thailand is one of the lowest in the world too, and well below replacement rate. And the absolute lowest are not in the West, they are in Eastern Europe, Japan, and South Korea.

...and singapore where the birth-rates are "bloated" by foreigners living and working in singapore or new permanent residents and not singaporeans who seem to to suffer the shakepearean calpurnian sterile curse..... :D " :) " :D

each year, more singaporeans migrate out of singapore more than actual babies born to singapore born parents.....

There is some truth in this. I have been with 3 separate longterm farang relationships. They all start out well but after a while the expectations that were there in the beginning phase out. The taken for granted syndrome. It just happened to me that I was always expected to keep giving while it was ok for them to slow down on the same front.

Whether this will happen in my Farang/Thai relationship time will tell, but I suspect that while both sides maintain their side of the agreement that it will not phase out so easily.

If anything I worry that I might be the one in the longterm that takes the other side for granted. Something I do not want given my sense of finally finding some real companionship.

The other side of the reality is that I love the exoctic look and feel of Asian ladies. There is something very attractive about them. I still find Farang attractive too, but the gloss of them has worn off given my past relationships and the way they ended.

One other thing too, my thai lady has encouraged me to take beter care of myself, both in my habits and appearance. It is refreshing that she takes pride in the way I look. The way I was heading prior to her was drinking plenty and looking far beyond my age. My last partner obviously didn't care as long as I was bringing in the cash at my expense. Even my partner preceeding her would say you are looking old, but never offered up anything else but criticism.

Maybe it was your drinking plenty that took the toll on your relationships with white chicks. I have no problem with white girls and I have found the same issues with Asian girls. Don't get hung up on race, inside all women are the same. Thai girls may be more patient and less domineering, but many of them have the "I need a man to take care of me." attitude. I don't want to rescue anybody. I want an equal partner, a concept that escapes most Thai girls. Plus the conversation with Thai girls (yes I speak Thai) is shall we say, less than stimulating and that goes for educated girls as well.

All that said, I do prefer the look and feel of any woman who takes care of herself. Although many Thai girls look thin, they never exercise and once they hit about 35 it's downhill because they never broke a sweat in their lives and have no muscle tone (except for go-go dancers).

When was the last time you had a conversation with a western woman about things that YOU consider important? Can't say that I ever have, as they usually don't care about the same things, so what's the point about "equality". I'd rather have a partner who makes me feel good as I am, than one who discusses politics, and wants to change me.

You seem to have a pretty limited experience of Thai women. More Thai women work hard than don't. My TGF used to make roads. She's probably as strong as me! Still feminine and sexy though.

Very true.

?????????????

"wiseman says, only fools rush in...."

remember elvis' injunction??????

yes, don't rush in to the tombstone of a mariiage too quickly.....

check it out first, cha cha , dear..... :)

chai yen yen , tilak... :D

You should go to the beach sometime. Young Brit guys being bossed around by the ( western ) GF. Sad thing is, they'll probably get married, kids, divorced, peniless, bitter etc etc. DON"T DO IT!!!

Edited by hoilai

No, the main reason for having a Thai partner is because the foreigner can't get any better in their own country. Its so ridiculously hard to find a partner back home. This is cold and hard but it is the truth.

It depends. I'm sure some of the male foreigners can't handle western women and have resorted to shops at the likes of Patpong, Nana, and Cowboy. Now that's a pity.

It's true however culturally as the asian counterparts still abide by the male dominant family cultures. Women are strong in the home but still allow the male to lead (at least they make it seem that way). The western women have become too demanding and everything is 50-50. Great for 'women's rights' sake but realistically not for me. Call me greedy.

Want a good woman to take care of you and the family, with great asian family structure and beliefs? The Thai women fits fine. A little intellectual discussion now and then? Fine. You can get a majority of that with your boys and at work.

Thailand is awesome. Er....except for a little 'red-and yellow-ness' here and there.

Edited by tomyummer

Very true.

lol, :)

Yes more and more men are seeing the light and some get blinded by it of course.

Very true.

The only reason you might see that is because the brit girl knows that her BF can have her replaced by the snap of his fingers when they are in Thailand. When they go back to Britain, the guy is the one taking the <deleted>.

Most of the pro Asian reasons have been covered. One glaring thing I read is the perception that the Asian women are submissive. If anyone thinks that, they have never met my Thai wife.

What my wife has in abundance is a sense of duty. She takes care of me in bed, keeps a clean house and my clothes are clean and ironed. If I try to wear the same pants two days in a row, she tells me to change because people will think she does not take good care of me.

Very well said, their the things I like too.

In a way it's more of a traditional style relationship where the fella is the wage earner and the female takes care of everything else. I see no issue with this at all, I actually think it's great.

The western women have become too demanding and everything is 50-50. Great for 'women's rights' sake but realistically not for me. Call me greedy.
I'd say the problem is not the women demanding 50/50, but the ones who are looking for 90/10 - or more - and believe that to be equal... Edited by Forethat

Only a tiny percentage of caucasian people have or pursue any kind of relationship with Asian women so I wouldn't say it's as common as everyone likes to make out. In fact I'd say it's pretty rare.

It depends on how many are around and available. When I lived in San Francisco 20 years ago it was extremely common. :)

As a western man I grew up with Asian neighbours, I did go to school with their Asian children. So Asian people where part of my life all the way. Nothing special. They where not looked upon as something special or discriminated in any way in my childhood or later on. So it is not special to like an asian woman as overhere western woman also often marry asian man who have been living here long time. Some people prefer blonds some prefer blacks. Most people continue to live the life in wich they were raised and they are used too. I like my Thai girlfriend becos she is who she is. Becos of her qualities. She is no young Thai woman, she is a woman to respect and to love. I do like the way she is, the way she works, the choices she made in her life in the first place. And to me then it is important she is very feminin. Becos I am a man and I like my woman to be feminin.

Western woman have changed in the years. They have become very independent in many ways and started to transform their feminin side. They often act like listed companies. I respect Western woman in their way but I just also long for the female touch in my daily life. That is just a personal choice, like every choice to have a relation with someone should be your personal choice, done in freedom and to be respected by other people.

Fertility rates

New Zealand 1.99

France 1.89

Thailand 1.85

United Kingdom 1.82

Fertility rates in certain Western European countries are well below. Germany, Italy, Austria, Spain all around 1.3-1.4

Then, these numbers do not tell the whole picture. Many of those countries have a high migrant rate who live quite traditionally and don't follow Western feminist doctrines. For those groups, having babies is often another source of income due to the European social system. The fertility numbers would be much more disastrous if you take out those groups from the equation.

No, the main reason for having a Thai partner is because the foreigner can't get any better in their own country. Its so ridiculously hard to find a partner back home. This is cold and hard but it is the truth.

In your opinion!

You're miles away from the truth concerning me and my [Thai] partner and i really don't see how you can comment for all the foreigners in Thailand.

Care to back up your statement with some cold and hard facts??

In your opinion!

You're miles away from the truth concerning me and my [Thai] partner and i really don't see how you can comment for all the foreigners in Thailand.

I think the "facts" would prove a middle aged (or older) man from the UK could find an attractive female partner in Thailand much easier than he could find ANY sort of female companion in the UK... whatever her age. That said, however, just having a relationship with a Thai woman does NOT mean a couple are ideally suited. Communcation goes a long way in making a good relationship last, and unless one of the partners learns the other's language the whole thing is going to come crashing down.

In your opinion!

I think the "facts" would prove a middle aged (or older) man from the UK could find an attractive female partner in Thailand much easier than he could find ANY sort of female companion in the UK... whatever her age. That said, however, just having a relationship with a Thai woman does NOT mean a couple are ideally suited. Communcation goes a long way in making a good relationship last, and unless one of the partners learns the other's language the whole thing is going to come crashing down.

I think you have forgotten to add the rider, if he is willing to pay for an attractive female partner in Thailand.

That's been done to death and just plain ignorant. Speak for yourself if you must but don't lump all of us into that category.

Just maybe there is something to the cultural differences that keep things interesting, exciting and new? The odd temper tantrum is amusing to me also :)

That's been done to death and just plain ignorant. Speak for yourself if you must but don't lump all of us into that category.

Just maybe there is something to the cultural differences that keep things interesting, exciting and new? The odd temper tantrum is amusing to me also :D

Funny, guys on here seem pretty quick to put all us western women in the fat ugly nasty b*tch category.....they shouldn't dish it if they cant take it... :)

generally...

asian women have some fundamentally very attractive qualities (to me)

thin

little or no hair

nice proportion

fewer sexual hangups

a sense of duty in a married relationship that their role is to care for their husband and family and from this they derive a sense of pride

american women (and some other caucasians in general) have some fundamentally very unattractive qualities

fat

hairy

out of proportion and age quickly

sexual hang ups

no sense of duty to a relationship unless and only if the man is the breadwinner and she is stay at home mom and even then its not sure

having said all that, my chinese-thai wife cant cook and does a terrible job around the house but she still has that sense of duty and is making an effort to change. we have only been married 3 months and never lived together before this for more than 3 days. plus i did not marry her for these reasons. i married her because she and I can talk openly and about anything and she has a first class mind. plus, she is in sales and i really believe she has some serious earning potential. heh heh. even more than i do. i would be happy to stay at home, do my other businesses, hang out, watch golf, play golf, and cook which is another hobby and let her win the big money.

Just maybe there is something to the cultural differences that keep things interesting, exciting and new? The odd temper tantrum is amusing to me also :)

Ok my bad. Suddenly all the people around here are hunks that could get any western girl they want. They even have to escape the hordes of hot girls chasing them in daily life.

And when you mean culturual differences you probably mean the same cultural differences that people always complain about on these boards?

I'm of the opinion that the reason so many foreigners 'prefare' Thai/Asian women is because they get fooled by the packaging.

Packaging can be very important. :D

consumerism is a western idea well picked up rapidly by the thais....

long live packaging.........never mind who fooled who...... :)

bottom line?

customer satisfaction!

Edited by sealy

"...having said all that, my chinese-thai wife cant cook and does a terrible job around the house but she still has that sense of duty and is making an effort to change. we have only been married 3 months and never lived together before this for more than 3 days. plus i did not marry her for these reasons. i married her because she and I can talk openly and about anything and she has a first class mind. plus, she is in sales and i really believe she has some serious earning potential. heh heh. even more than i do. i would be happy to stay at home, do my other businesses, hang out, watch golf, play golf, and cook which is another hobby and let her win the big money..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

to jdk:

I want your life. She have a sister?!

In Thailand, you don't need a good cook anyway, so much to eat outside and cheaper. You can always get help with the house and kids. If she truly lets you golf anytime you want, you're a winner. Congrats sir.

Edited by tomyummer

Funny, guys on here seem pretty quick to put all us western women in the fat ugly nasty b*tch category.....they shouldn't dish it if they cant take it... :D

:):D:D

Not really, imjustagirl. It's no different than the common steretype of calling all farang men in Thailand... fat old drunkards. :D Everybody uses the extremes to try and prove their case. :D

In any case, the whole topic is about polarized points of view. There are just as many good relationships as bad ones... in all cultures. And, even if the extreme situations are the majority there will ALWAYS be the exceptions.