webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we in the edge of a kind of civil war between yellow and red ? Situation is really strange ... A call for election would be the best solution ,let the people decide. Its scary actually .

It would be if an election could decide this issue. Sadly, neither side has shown much predilection to see constitutionally seated governments as legitimate. Until they're prepared to do so, an election won't solve much if anything.

The traditional source of legitimacy is waning. The question is what will replace it.

Excellent point. How much longer can this country afford to be governed by mob rule?

One of the major causes of the grotesque and dangerous political immaturity and infantillism in Thailand (which is what we're seeing with the PAD and UDD) is that it is now, and has been for a long time, straight out illegal to talk frankly about the distribution of political and economic power let alone how it's exercised. There is no more that can be said without getting into trouble.

i cant see them bringing anything good to the table

just reminds everyone where the reds get their tactics from,,,,

taking over areas,,causing anarchy,deminding things and the latest yellow tactic the reds have copied dropping their traditional colour and going multi coloured

Are we in the edge of a kind of civil war between yellow and red ? Situation is really strange ... A call for election would be the best solution ,let the people decide. Its scary actually .

It would be if an election could decide this issue. Sadly, neither side has shown much predilection to see constitutionally seated governments as legitimate. Until they're prepared to do so, an election won't solve much if anything.

The traditional source of legitimacy is waning. The question is what will replace it.

Excellent point. How much longer can this country afford to be governed by mob rule?

until farangs are branded as cheap charlies and are stranded at the airport with no food and money and no onward ticket back home and sleeping on newspapers at the airport and rioting like the brits did recently....much to the chagrin of the other snobbish expats at the airport and in tv columns here..... :)

taking over areas,,causing anarchy,deminding things and the latest yellow tactic the reds have copied dropping their traditional colour and going multi coloured

their tactics came from here....first with one guy suggesting using paintball, then with another naming all the red guys ' who-s who -the list, remember?- and......

well, this will take a while...will be back after lunch..... :)

until farangs are branded as cheap charlies and are stranded at the airport with no food and money and no onward ticket back home and sleeping on newspapers at the airport and rioting like the brits did recently....much to the chagrin of the other snobbish expats at the airport and in tv columns here..... :)

Ignore key where art thou?

At least ASTV will be going off the air today as part of the SOE! It will, won't it :)

Gives the world another chance to see double standards in action.

Red TV, Radio and Websites shut down ALL

PAD poison channels shut down NIL

Way to go Neutral Mark, way to go.

Oh Joy, the grenades have started again in Chiang Mai.

Although there are less people here to be hit by a grenade... there are fewer places that farang and tourists hang out.

This sucks.

should have listened to your housing agent before....chiangmai. thaksin country, is a bad investment.period.

location, location, location.

bangkok will always be better.

never too late to move , you know.

with sondhi and gang dumping their mia-nois, essentials like beer, etc. etc. will soon be steeply discounted........ :):D :D

So now we have PAD on one side, reds on the other side and government and military getting caught in the middle with a multicoloured support group. Interesting the way this is playing politically or being played.

Very. With 2 shortening mortal coils for each sides source for a message from above.

So now we have PAD on one side, reds on the other side and government and military getting caught in the middle with a multicoloured support group. Interesting the way this is playing politically or being played.

Not quite. The PAD, Government, Army and Courts are just different manifestations of the Elites who are at last loosing their grip on power. Never a pretty sight, but they are losing it.

When ASTV and Nation go off air you will know it's over.

PAD had a lot of military backing last time. This is waning now and other matters will give their support base less cohesion.

I personally see a huge problem now the red cowards have taken off their red uniforms, how is anyone going to know what side they are on?

I think they should put back on the red shirts so at least the armed forces know which ones to deal with. Also yellows should don yellow shirts for their own safety.

:D

yellows should wear black now and prepare to mourn the number of dead bodies to come... :)

The RED were just learning from the YELLOW, who took off their uniform first.

What do these guys think they are? Giving 7 days to government to solve the problem and telling they will take an action if gov. don't comply with them? :)

they are the ones who paid abhisit the piper and are calling the tunes.

did you just arrive in thailand or something? :D

Wow, thats a beauty, did you think of it all on your own? :D

Although there are less people here to be hit by a grenade... there are fewer places that farang and tourists hang out.

This sucks.

Agree. It seems to me that there are less tourists in Chiang Mai than after the airport closures or the Songkran riots last year. The red protests are ruining the economy up North as well. As usual the poorest people will be hardest hit but it is certainly not the government who is to blame.

The image of Chiang Mai has changed from a laid back town to a violent place. Whether correct or not that is the current perception of many tourists (both international and domestic).

If the reds really want to do something positive for the poor they should stop protesting. New elections will come anyway, if not this year then the next.

This sucks.

should have listened to your housing agent before....chiangmai. thaksin country, is a bad investment.period.

with sondhi and gang dumping their mia-nois, essentials like beer, etc. etc. will soon be steeply discounted........ :):D:D

Thanks, but no thanks... Lived next to London for 30 years... city life just bores me, seen it, done it ...but then I studied Biology at uni, so I like wilderness!

Plus I have spent years in Africa... so when the Thai's start giving burning 'tire necklaces'... then it's time to move on...

Edited by whiterussian

Not quite. The PAD, Government, Army and Courts are just different manifestations of the Elites who are at last loosing their grip on power. Never a pretty sight, but they are losing it.

When ASTV and Nation go off air you will know it's over.

PAD had a lot of military backing last time. This is waning now and other matters will give their support base less cohesion.

not quite...remember the sneaky sondhi and his friends are dumping their mia-nois ....could be they are dumping them to the soldiers to buy back the soldiers' allegiance.

today's army does not just march to the tune of their stomachs, today's soldiers are great beaver hunters too, mate. :D:):D :D

This sucks.

with sondhi and gang dumping their mia-nois, essentials like beer, etc. etc. will soon be steeply discounted........ :):D:D

Thanks, but no thanks... Lived next to London for 30 years... city life just bores me, seen it, done it ...but then I studied Biology at uni, so I like wilderness!

Plus I have spent years in Africa... so when the Thai's start giving burning 'tire necklaces'... then it's time to move on...

convincing! :D .

Sondhi, the yellow shirt founder and leader, has a few tricks up his sleeve. He's going to get all his rich freinds to withdraw their billions from the banks to cripple the Thai economy.

Then they are going to stop eating rice and give their mia nois to s*x tourists to cripple Isaan revenues.

wow, what a revelation of how thailand works!

this scoop deserves a pullitzer prize or something. quite a sccop must say. better than entertainment tonite show.! :):D :D

no wonder farangs are getting all the crumbs and re-runs....... :D

...and most farangs thought they never had it so good, OMG! :D

I admire the way the way the PM has tried to avoid violent confrontation. I understand he is more of a civilized, school-taught diplomat, and I respect his attempts to not be dragged into the pig waste (figuratively speaking) the Taksin movement has brought into play. I appreciate his reluctance to resort to martial law.

But the PM was out-classed the night of April 10, when the police/troops retreated, and it was then I realized he was out of his league.

Since then nothing despite the capturing of military convoys and seizure of roads. Even the yellows are now asking '<deleted>?'

Meetings twice a day? My guess of the minutes of those meetings:

PM: I think we should wait

deputy: I second it, let's go eat

At least there are people somewhere who are willing to stand up to the goons in Ratchprasang.

So now we have team-sports type rioting on the streets of Bangkok, while the official gov't sits on its thumbs and watches, as if it's just an alternative to the boxing matches.

My advice to the PM: SETTLE THIS NOW!

mob rule, what mob rule?

traditional source of legitimacy? you don't mean illegitimacy, do you?

is that a fish or a cat or a salad dressing with a fancy name?

friend, thailand here, not avatarland, mate. :D

Abhisit is at least trying to be PM of ALL Thailand. That includes the red shirts, the yellow shirts, the multi-color shirts. the shirt non-aligned, etc. The reds try to act as if they are the ONLY faction against the government (which they paint as yellow shirts when they clearly are not) and their red faction must get all its demands met or if not, hold the entire country hostage under threat of real and threatened violence and anarchy. These rather extreme yellow pronouncements make clear it can never be that simple.

Edited by Jingthing

Abhisit is at least trying to be PM of ALL Thailand. That includes the red shirts, the yellow shirts, the multi-color shirts. the shirt non-aligned, etc. The reds try to act as if they are the ONLY faction against the government (which they paint as yellow shirts when they clearly are not) and their red faction must get all its demands met or if not, hold the entire country hostage under threat of real and threatened violence and anarchy. These rather extreme yellow pronouncements make clear it can never be that simple.

Wrong.

Abhisit clearly failed to be the PM for ALL Thailand and he never even tried it to be.

Its kind of hard to win the hearts of Isaan when the red thugs threaten your life every time you try to visit there to talk to the people.

plus when previously you've completely annoyed them....

You have to admit the reds never gave Abhisit a chance. You can question the way he came to power, but the fact is he did come to power, and he was open to work with the reds and they weren't playing. Sorry, that blood is on the red's hands.

Its kind of hard to win the hearts of Isaan when the red thugs threaten your life every time you try to visit there to talk to the people.

plus when previously you've completely annoyed them....

... by raising the old-age pension, making hospital-treatment free (aot 30 Baht previously) and offering a generous farmers-loan debt-reduction package, no wonder Isaan is so annoyed.

Perhaps he should have offered them 500-1,000 Baht per-day plus transport, to go and protest 'peacefully' somewhere, like DL ? :)