Red Shirt Yelling Trucks Roaming Pattaya

Jingthing

The last two days the red shirt yelling trucks woke me up (this morning about 9 am which is very early for me). The tone of voice (and volume) is very disturbing, definitely war-like. Thai speakers, what exactly have they been yelling for the last two days?

Its Sale time at MIke department store.

No, not talking about the commercial trucks. These were red trucks, I have eyes, and they were much LOUDER than commercial trucks. I can't be the only person who has heard and seen these trucks, so what are they saying?

Edited by Jingthing

I have heard them a couple of times yesterday and today in Jomtien - an aurally unpleasant, harsh Thai speaker ranting about something or other. I asked my missus, but the van was almost out of earshot and she said she thinks they are asking for recruits.

I have heard them a couple of times yesterday and today in Jomtien - an aurally unpleasant, harsh Thai speaker ranting about something or other. I asked my missus, but the van was almost out of earshot and she said she thinks they are asking for recruits.

That's actually what it sounded like to me. Like a call to arms, come join us to fight. Thanks for the confirmation. The tone this morning was the most dramatic I have heard as yet from the red trucks.

Another red side effect. The redquarters on the Day Night Soi off Pattaya is BLASTING red shirt rallies now at night. This has got to be really hurting all the many varied businesses in the vicinity, except of course for Red Shirt Coffee.

I was able to make a recording, and then run it through my new iPhone app.

Its a voice activited translation system but works equally well from a decent recording.

At present it recognises 15 different languages (including Thai), and converts them on screen into English text.

Anyway, this was the results:

"ALL YOU ANTI-RED SHIRT POSTERS ON THAIVISA - WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!"

I was able to make a recording, and then run it through my new iPhone app.

Its a voice activited translation system but works equally well from a decent recording.

At present it recognises 15 different languages (including Thai), and converts them on screen into English text.

Anyway, this was the results:

"ALL YOU ANTI-RED SHIRT POSTERS ON THAIVISA - WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!"

:)

Until now I have only seen campaigners for the local elections some have red trucks, some have yellow trucks and some have multi colored trucks.

but they all make a lot of noise!!

Can you make a video with your iphone??

I had a good laugh the other day. My lady is very anti-red shirt. She had to vote and was undecided. She was offered advice by her friends but when she was about to do the deed, one of the candidates was there and smiled at her. She thought he was a nice sincere type of man. He got her vote.

She finds out later he is a Red-shirt!

I told her that from now on I do all the shopping for cars and household items. I never buy on looks!!

Went to Som Rong (is that the way it is spelt ?)shopping Centre on Saturday and there were the redshirt recruiting trucks with the loudspeakersa at peak decibals next to the taxi pick-up area ,and if that wasn't bad enough the cab we got into had the redshirt speeches on Tape/cd and he played them all the way back home at distort levelcomplete with buzzing speakers and feedback that would make yr ears bleed. My gf was too scared to ask him to turn it down.

And the cab drivers wonder why falung are so scarce when customers have to suffer that.

My regular barber of many years and his barber shop has become red. Red propaganda blaring, the staff in red shirts. I went through a last haircut, but I won't be back. Don't misunderstand. People can have any political view they want. But shoving it down customers throats who only are coming in for a haircut, no thanks!

My regular barber of many years and his barber shop has become red. Red propaganda blaring, the staff in red shirts. I went through a last haircut, but I won't be back. Don't misunderstand. People can have any political view they want. But shoving it down customers throats who only are coming in for a haircut, no thanks!

I can't imagine having the tv on and wearing red shirts as shoving it down customers throats,but if all that red stuff freaks you out.....

Be careful next time you go in for a shave then! :)

Are you going to become a Hippy?

I can't imagine having the tv on and wearing red shirts as shoving it down customers throats,but if all that red stuff freaks you out.....

Be careful next time you go in for a shave then! :)

Are you going to become a Hippy?

Are you kidding? Do you listen to the red propaganda? It sounds like something out of Hitler's time. It is very violent. I don't like Muzak either, don't get me wrong, but rabid hate propaganda doesn't mix with a consumer business.

If your blood pressure rises, so do your hair. I am sure it has nothing to do with him suporting the Red. It just makes his work easier. :)

If your blood pressure rises, so do your hair. I am sure it has nothing to do with him suporting the Red. It just makes his work easier. :)

Could be. This same barber is always trying to molest me, so he does try to get a rise. The molesting never bothered me much, the Red Gestapo audio does. What a way to run a business.

Could be. This same barber is always trying to molest me, so he does try to get a rise. The molesting never bothered me much,

Do you tip extra for this service ?

No of course not. It was never welcome. He has always trying to sell his extra massage services "upstairs". Hope springs eternal I guess. In any case, now in the market for a new cutter.

Edited by Jingthing