British Woman Arrested In Thailand Over Passport Forgery

Rimmer

This woman committed a criminal offense.

I do not understand why posters are making jokes about the Thai immigration department for apprehending her and charging her for it. This has nothing to do with red shirts, yellow shirts or whatever shirts are worn, or indeed, any corruption allegations against Thai officials.

There is simply a criminal British National who has broken the law and should be punished according to the law. I hope to the full.

There seems to be some element around here who haven't quite caught on to the idea that there are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke. Try forging a UK immigrant visa and see how you are dealt with in the UK. Although thinking about it there would probably some plea for political asylum and under the current Labour government they would doubtless bend over backwards to provide a large house and support for all the brats; and make the tax payers bend over forwards to take it up the arse paying for the benefits.

There are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke?

Tell that to the red shirt leadership.

The "joke" is on all of us.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

successfully apprehend British national Miss. Katherine Anne Neville-Gliddon [21]. who was suspected of travelling into the Kingdom on a fraudulent passport.

A check of the suspect's passport revealed several irregularities with the document, leading police to immediately arrest and detain her from leaving the country

Something's a bit odd, certainly. If she's only 21 years old now, why are there so many stamps on the pages shown dated March-August 2005? Wouldn't she have been a bit young back then for all that activity? Shouldn't she have been at school?

No she could have left school legally at the age of 16 years old. Maybe she has a very rich Daddy who has funded her jaunts around the world, or even more interestingly she has a rich Uncle who knows a thing or two about Passports, especially the ones issued by Montenegro? :):D:D . I just know someone is going to be really p*ssed at my indiscrete levity - no apologies for having a sense of humour folks.

Honestly, just think about it - you bought a ticket home, got your luggage ready, called home to meet you at the airport and suddenly - booom! - you got arrested for no reason at all! Some inky-pinky in your passport (which, btw belongs to your country, and identifies you as a citizen of your contry - and IS NOT a notepad for practicing secret signs and scriptures) - is not right, according to officer at the departure checkout window.

So what? I have no idea what do they write into my pages - it doesn't look like English to me, and it is obviously very wrong - to put some NOT LEGALLY PERMITTED marks and signs into my passport and demand their exact correctness. So whats the crime?

Is it pssible that you missed the whole story? It's about not going the legal way staying here in Thailand.

Problem was obviously not the faked passport but merely the faked immigration stamps.

Thanks for those giving all of us a bad name. All you can see is stamps from 2005, so a 16 year old traveled around, alone? Can't you smell that smell? The smell is around you..............

At approximately 11:00am on Tuesday, police Major General Witsanu Prasartthong O-Sot (Deputy Commission of the Immigration Police) along with the Superintendent of the Crime Suppression Division, successfully apprehend British national Miss. Katherine Anne Neville-Gliddon [21]. who was suspected of travelling into the Kingdom on a fraudulent passport.

A check of the suspect's passport revealed several irregularities with the document, leading police to immediately arrest and detain her from leaving the country. Miss Neville-Gliddon was due to board a flight to Dubai on Emirates Airline flight EK 373.

EK373 departs at 21:20 - why was she at the airport getting herself arrested at 11.00am?

She was looking for Mr. Bean. Maybe am and pm got changed?

Whenever I read the news here in Thailand, I'm always left with more questions than answers...and there never seems to be any follow-up....so we'll never know why this girl, who presumably could have come here legally, ends up with a pile of mickey mouse forgeries in her passport...plus from the dates of the stamps she's been kicking around these parts since she was 16 years old...

Other examples of the lack of follow up: whatever happened to the 6000 AK47s and ammo that were nicked from the army barracks in the days just before the redshirts were about to gather...

What happened to that fellow Ham who drove his Merc into a bus queue killing and maiming a few of them...there was a huge article saying he got 10 years in the slammer, but it turned out that he was released on bail pending appeal? Was his appeal successful?

Does the surname Neville-Gliddon sound genuine?

From what country are the two stamps at the top left of the photo?

post-21260-1272402434.jpg

--

Maestro

Yes, there's a high possibility that the name is genuine.

Why do they speak around 1,200 languages in London? Because all of them are British, Irish, or Scottish, or Welsh??

Edited by Sisaketmike

'Quality of workmanship' in Thailand springs to mind ..... a letter missing, slightly the wrong size ..... did they just need some rubber stamps in a hurry and didn't use the 'approved supplier' ???

'Attention to detail' isn't a phrase often used here. (Sorry, actually it is ... but it is usually phrased "what about the specific, detailed, 'king requirements that I gave you"

However - guilty as hel_l - just think of the amount of benefits fraud involved in getting a name like that.

I came through Suvanarbumhi from the UK last week, and was suprised that I was questioned about my passport. Apparently, when we left Thailand 2 weeks earlier, Immigration forgot to stamp my passport, and I had no reason to check. I was busy sorting out my husband as he was in a wheelchair. My husbands passport had no problem. I did make a comment at the time though when the official dealing with our passports on departure immigration was chatting on his mobile, and waved my husband through when the porter pushing my husband pointed out he hadnt taken a photo. Obviously his phone call to his mate was more important than stamping passports and taking photo's. The immigration official checking my passport on arrival was very annoyed. Not with me, but because one of her coleagues had made a mistake. Her words were, no problem for you, very bad security. I couldn't agree more.

If it's a forged passport how do they know she's British?

From reading the report the only definates she seems to be nailed on are perhaps some forged Thai immigration stamps so maybe she's an overstayer.

she is probably a B P .............

british polish

the intelligence agency of MOSSAD operation in Dubai in the last january is not far away,

I assume such cases shoud have some hand behind the scene, the previous events make great suspecting in many ways,

she is just 21 old? at this age probably she is a student, I doubt a person of 21 old and a girl particularly to use such forged passports and comes to travel in the far-east..!? and traveling to Dubai? a new operation there?

the story is not compatibe

and if she's an innocent tourist who came to travel around here very easy to get a legal passport from her country...

it's a demonstration of something tricky, MOSSAD etc..

Has it actually been said that the passport that's shown in the photo is actually hers?...

Now that you mention it, I think you could be right, the photo isn't of her passport, and I can stop puzzling over it.

--

Maestro

I do not understand why posters are making jokes about the Thai immigration department for apprehending her and charging her for it. This has nothing to do with red shirts, yellow shirts or whatever shirts are worn, or indeed, any corruption allegations against Thai officials.

There is simply a criminal British National who has broken the law and should be punished according to the law. I hope to the full.

There seems to be some element around here who haven't quite caught on to the idea that there are laws in Thailand and if you break them it is a criminal offense and not some sort of joke. Try forging a UK immigrant visa and see how you are dealt with in the UK. Although thinking about it there would probably some plea for political asylum and under the current Labour government they would doubtless bend over backwards to provide a large house and support for all the brats; and make the tax payers bend over forwards to take it up the arse paying for the benefits.

Finally and thankfully, a voice of reason and sanity on this thread. Your description of what can happen to an illegal alien in the UK also reminds of the US; pick and choose the laws you want to follow when you crawl like a rat in an underground tunnel to the US from Mexico, and don't worry, some limp-wristed sod on the other side will see to it the big bad people who actually believe in following the law don't send you packing. I just don't understand the mentality of so many people on this forum; we are guests here and it's THEIR country, as screwed up as it can be at times. I have found it's much easier to follow the rules and mind one's own dam_n business. If one doesn't like it or can't handle it, start packing and don't let the door slap you on the fanny on the way out.

What happened about innocent until proved guilty (and I'm not looking to get into an semantic argument between proved and proven)? Perhaps it works the other way here, but we shouldn't judge so harshly so quickly. OK, she may be a guilty as sin and if so she should be punished to the full extent of the law - perhaps a little leniency shown if she can prove that she innocently used the seemingly legit services of those agents who can arrange everything; morally, she would be guilty of being gullible and although the gullible should be punished too, if nothing else to set an example to others, leniency could be shown. It's also possible in this land of seemingly endless typo's that the original copy writer got the age wrong - the difference between 21 and 31 on a computer is 1 single key.

She was headed for Dubai. For the record, I know several people who get onto Emirates Airline flight EK 373, have a bit of a wander around in the transit lounge, sometimes for several hours more than they'd like to, before catching their onward flight to Manchester. A quick look on Google shows that they fly to 6 UK airports, ALL of those flights which originate in BKK have flight number EK 373, which I must admit mystifies me a little, but airline administration is not at issue here.

Maybe she's guilty of the very serious crime of visa forgery. Maybe she was just heading home without knowing she had 'faked' stamps in her passport.

Honestly, just think about it - you bought a ticket home, got your luggage ready, called home to meet you at the airport and suddenly - booom! - you got arrested for no reason at all! Some inky-pinky in your passport (which, btw belongs to your country, and identifies you as a citizen of your contry - and IS NOT a notepad for practicing secret signs and scriptures) - is not right, according to officer at the departure checkout window.

So what? I have no idea what do they write into my pages - it doesn't look like English to me, and it is obviously very wrong - to put some NOT LEGALLY PERMITTED marks and signs into my passport and demand their exact correctness. So whats the crime?

Perhaps

Illegal imigration in a country.

Fraud.

Fraud on not paying overstay. Which I imagine is what it's about.

It's like no ones ever moaned about illegal immigrants into their own country.

Or maybe the crime is something worse either in the UK or Thailand which is why she needs a false passport .

You are quite correct to start with but you end up with a Conservative Party Election Statement. If this had been the UK and she'd been entering the country she would have been refused entry and deported probably to her home country unless she was claiming asylum and there were very good reasons for granting it. None of this really applies here as she wasn't entering the country and wasn't claiming asylum. The most likely is the forging of visa stamps due to overstay since she wasn't caught entering the country. As some have said she might have been duped by some dodgy agent which is a shame.

A good lesson for all.

By the way I haven't voted Labour for years.

As pointed out nobody should treated a guilty until proven so.

But I assume that is an extract from her passport, there are a few things that don't seem right, five trips to Asia in less than 20 weeks, i trip to Malaysia of 1 day, 6 days in Cambodia, 2 trips to Thailand of 2 days and 1 of 10 days, looking at my passport, all entries are normal in order from page 5 up to the last entry except for two visits to Thailand which for some reason are on the last page and an entry to Dubai which is also at the back, I think the Dubai stamp is at the back because they are Arab and Arabs read backwards.

I would guess her parents lived in Dubai and travelled to Asia on Business, If the issue was with dodgy entry exit stamps then I see no reason to really detain her other than to take her passport off her and ask the British embassy to provide her with emergency travel documents and kick her out never to return.

If the Passport is forged then and if she is genuinely British then I think she should be handed over for the British to prosecute.

But how about this crime against the English language? Jeezus, who writes this stuff?
Along with the incorrect size of the stamp, police were able to arrest and detain Miss Neville-Gliddon for further questioning.

Well they couldn't just arrest her without arresting the stamp could they!!?? :)

Apparently it was the wrong SIZE of the stamp they arrested along with her. That's probably why it took a Major General and his sidekick to do it. No easy feat arresting the size of something.

Using agents was a common practice 10 years ago. I remember one agent that operated out of a store front. Even at that time I suspected the Visas were fake. I guess most of them were.

That's before the Thais got themselves computerised. Can't fool them now ....