Chiang Mai Immigration Office

Wentworth

My next 90 Day Report is due on a Monday. The immigration office tends to be shoe-horning people in like cattle on Mondays. I'm told that I've got 7 days grace and so would prefer to go the next day. Has anyone used this 7 day grace period and not been penalised?

'O' Visa Renewal - Money in the Bank. I've got the Chiang Mai Immigration Office visa renewal leaflet but it doesn't stipulate the time I should have the money in the bank. I'm told that I should have it in the bank 3 months prior to my visa end date ie 2 months before I apply for next year. I've heard some other offices stipulate 4 months before the end date ie 3 months before the application date. Anyone shine some light?

I also use the CM Immigration, and I have to say that the last 2-3 times I've been there, it's been a fairly smooth and painless, and relatively quick process. Granted, Mondays are usually busy, but the last time I went was on a Monday for my 90 day, and I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

The first time you apply it needs to be in the bank for two months. Subsequently it's three months. I assume that's timed from the date stamped in the Visa at "application of stay is permitted up to ........"

I've heard the 7-day is now only up to the date, so you could go before if you like. Had a 5-minute wait when reporting Monday just gone (one day early)... avoid 09:00 and 13:00.

The money in the bank is three months before and two months if you've renewed four times... or at least that's what the bird said last time. To double-check, PM Lopburi3.

wentworth.

re .... Has anyone used this 7 day grace period and not been penalised

yes .... you can go 7 days early or 7 days later than your official reporting date

i was 5 days late reporting in chiang mai because i wouldnt go out during songkran

and i had no problems with being late

dave2