Where To Find The Freshest Eggs In Cm?

jaideeguy

I've been spoiled by my home grown eggs but the girls stopped laying and they became stew. That was a month ago and I have had ro resort to buying local battery eggs that are not treated with the respect that eggs deserve. In this hot weather, the eggs should be gathered at least twice a day because of the extreme heat. Then the factory eggs are transported in open pickups with the sun cooking them........the end result is an egg that has a flat yolk with pale color and whites of egg are like water.

If you have ever had a fresh homegrwon egg, then you'll know what I mean.

Does anyone know where fresh [home grown preferably] eggs can be bought here in CM?? size doesn't matter and I don't mind paying a baht or more extra for FRESH.

I get mine fresh from the egg wholesaler behind the Tarin Hotel on the Superhighway. They come in every day from their farms, in covered trucks, and are kept in a cool shaded wharehouse. All sizes including "0" which are usually "double yolkers" Nice round yolks and full of flavour :)

"I get mine fresh from the egg wholesaler behind the Tarin Hotel on the Superhighway"

Duuh, I've seen the sign for Tarin hotel, but can't remember exactly where, maejo man......give me a hint please....where on superhiway??

"I get mine fresh from the egg wholesaler behind the Tarin Hotel on the Superhighway"

Duuh, I've seen the sign for Tarin hotel, but can't remember exactly where, maejo man......give me a hint please....where on superhiway??

The Tarin is directly opposite the Chiangmai Grandview Hotel, just along from the Rincome junction. Drive down the road by the side of the Tarin, over a small cross soi, and it's there on the left, next door to the LNG installation company.

There is an egg wholesaler round the corner from Big C Don Chan (same side and just around from the back entrance). Also another just north of Nong Hoi Intersection (very narrow shophouse easy to miss - but lots of eggs out front). Only about 50m ? from intersection (on side of traffic heading south).

Khun JaideeGuy, Sawasdee Khrup,

The biggest egos in Chiang Mai are here on this forum, but none of them, we believe, have been freshly laid. We suspect many of them are what the Chinese call "one-hundred year old egos."

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

Been on the lookout for a new batch of pullets, but not easy to find in small batches, as most are destined for the big factory farms. My last batch of 20 rhode island reds took me several years to find.

I do have a few local mongrel chickens and am still on the lookout for a new batch of falang chicks and hope to end up with a self sustaining flock of birds some day.

there's nothing like a fresh well fed home grown egg....

It's a little late to save the girls that gave their lives, but a friend of mine who has a small flock of chickens says that hers don't lay eggs well in the heat of Mar-May. She has 26 hens and she says that on some days lately she finds absolutely no eggs. She says once it cools somewhat they go back to producting as usual. She says her experience with this heat-stress has lead her to believe that commercial egg producers give the girls hormones to stimulate egg production during hot weather. All the more reason to find a replacement team (with a few roosters) and get back into a self-sustaining chicken hobby.

Try feeding the chickens elastic bands , then they will lay the same egg three times , and you can pick what time you collect them. they are out of the Sun and still fresh, just trying to be constructive :) .