Hospital Type Bed

ThaiPauly

A freind of mine is very very sick.

I don't really want to discuss his condition, but he does not want to stay in hospital, rarther be at home with his family.

He would like to rent (not buy) a hospital type bed that goes up and down.

Would someone possibly know if there are any companies in CM that can offer this type of service?

I know its a long shot.....but I have to ask.

Many Thanks

TP

My job back in the UK was a contract electrician to a company that makes these beds and issues them to hospitals around the world, I used to have to travel around the UK servicing them and replacing parts etc, not sure if they have a office in Thailand but the company is called Hill-Rom. If they do have an office here, they should do a rental contract of 6 month at a time, including a servicing agreement.

Edited by thaimiller

I enquired all over town when I needed [prefered] to rent a hospital bed and couldn't find a rental so ended up buying one from Pharma Choice main warehouse on the Bo Sang road. Unfortunately, it turned out that my 91 yr old father is still using it after 6 months, so it has paid for it's self.

CM needs a rental agency for hospital equipment and tools and would be a good business opp for someone who has money to invest.

There's a new place open on the junction of Kaewnawarat Road and Thung Hotel Road. It's a multi-storied shop that sells hospital supplies. I saw hospital beds in their showroom window when I drove past yesterday.

Ram hospital is a good source for good beds. I know because I bought one a couple of years ago. Great bed, no problems at all.

But the cost was 60,000 baht :)

Could try the private medical equipment companies in town probably more for a lead than the actual product...

Another source coold be one of those NGOs who secure old beds from modern US hospitals for shipment to third world countries...I just don't know any details but would have to think one NGO would exist for at least this region of the world (cambodia, laos, burma and maybe Thailand?

CB