Safety Deposit Boxes

We tried to get one at the Suk branch of Bangkok Bank and were told they are all taken. Tried Kasikorn too and same story. We have accts in both places.

We have not tried branches located out of Suk .... so maybe there one can find one.

We tried to get one at the Suk branch of Bangkok Bank and were told they are all taken. Tried Kasikorn too and same story. We have accts in both places.

We have not tried branches located out of Suk .... so maybe there one can find one.

I obtained the last one at Kasikorn a few years ago. Bht 2,000.00 deposit on the keys and Bht 560.00 p.a. It is around 500 mm x 300 mm x 100 mm deep.

I obtained the last one at Kasikorn a few years ago. Bht 2,000.00 deposit on the keys and Bht 560.00 p.a. It is around 500 mm x 300 mm x 100 mm deep.

Maybe you should consider subletting out a part....

• 1 month later...

In CM, after being told by several banks that they didn't have any boxes available, I tried a branch in San Kamphaeng and they gave me the same story -- "sorry, no have box now, try next month!"

Two days later and way before the end of the month, my Thai landlady told me that I should go in there (the San Kamphaeng branch) with a Thai who already held a box (she has one there and was willing to recommend me as an upright citizen).

That apparently did the trick -- and I was surprized to see that over half the boxes in the vault were still available! :o

Very nice -- only 700 Baht/year and a tiny deposit for the keys. :D:D:D