Tank Sealant

My Gas Tank had developed a small leak, I believe it is along a seam.

What do my fellow Thai bikers use that is locally available to seal their tanks when they get a leak.

Name of Product and Source please....

Thanks

Previous poster is correct, epoxy will do it ok.

Can buy blister pack at any of the major Supermarket hardware section ok There is one called "epoxy steel" which would be ideal. (or words to that effect)

U need make sure the tank is dry in the repair area (low fuel level or whatever) Sand the area to make sure u get to bare metal otherwise u are only sticking to the paint on the tank. Can then mix the 2 part epoxy and layer it on with a spatular or knife etc. into a sufficient thickness to effect a good cover . Good luck.

It really all depends on the bike, the leak location, how long you plan to have it and your paint job.

In a situation where you got a junker with a leak in a non-visible area that you don't know how much longer will be in service then just used some of the liquid steel epoxy.

If it is your prize possession that you will have for a very long time then getting it welded is a better idea.

I use the POR15 as well but sourcing it is always a pain in Thailand (hazardous chemicals are even more of a pain to import). Your best bet if you are near a marina is go down and ask them, most of the time they will have a supplier of the epoxy type tank liners.