Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who knows???? but im going to the old one first, but saying that I did the same last week and missed 10 minutes of the game... :D

I think we need to obtain a contact in the club who can give us all the inside news :) .

Was the American guy there last week ?

Was the tall no28 a new player as i don't recall seeing him before ?

who knows???? but im going to the old one first, but saying that I did the same last week and missed 10 minutes of the game... :D

I think we need to obtain a contact in the club who can give us all the inside news :) .

it was my first game but i thought the tall no28 was useless. other than score that great goal, what did he do?

i got the wife to check the chiangmaifc web-site - it's sunday at the old stadium in town 6pm.

5.30 at red lion if you need a lift

chiang mai fc

I was at the 700 year stadium today and the Chainat team are based there in the dormitories. The girl at the reception desk said the game is on in 700 year stadium at 6pm on Sunday.

Ive just been for a ride round and the game is definatley at Tessabaan (the old stadium) in town, they already have the nets and the corner flags up, also all the big poster for Chiang mai FC are being set up around the car park. bring an umberella for if it rains as it looks like they have taken the roof off the stands. Lets hope for a good top of the table clash.

I was at the 700 year stadium today and the Chainat team are based there in the dormitories. The girl at the reception desk said the game is on in 700 year stadium at 6pm on Sunday.

I've just been to the Tessaban stadium and Chiang mai are certainly playing there but perhaps Chainet are playing at the 700 year stadium which should make for a nice open game :) .

Going to yesterdays game...... what great value for money.

Good quality football from Chiang Mai.

Comedy acts from the Chainet players (going down every 2 mins like they had been shot, being taken off on a stretcher then getting up as right as rain after 5 secs).

Cheerleaders at half time.

Handbags at 10 paces on the pitch with the army intervening, leading to bottles and cans being thrown onto the pitch.

The only downside was that Chiang Mai lost 2-1 but you cant have everything i suppose.

All the above for 30 baht.

Apart from the result it was a great afternoon out. Here are a few photos of what Alfie was talking about and not forgetting this weeks Chaing Mai FC soccerette :)

post-35045-1274672639_thumb.jpg

post-35045-1274672674_thumb.jpg

post-35045-1274672706_thumb.jpg

post-35045-1274672739_thumb.jpg

Edited by thaimiller

it was my first game but i thought the tall no28 was useless. other than score that great goal, what did he do?

i got the wife to check the chiangmaifc web-site - it's sunday at the old stadium in town 6pm.

5.30 at red lion if you need a lift

chiang mai fc

web site only in Thai?

Brett never reads blogs and avoids any discussions about individual players. And he is certainly far too humble to talk about himself. He is well aware of the downside of self aggrandizement. But having coached him for 6 years and watching him play since he was a little boy, I remain committed to my comments. He has been highly trained in the Dutch system of play which features a fast paced high possession, high attack style that is beautiful to watch. It may take him a bit of time to adjust to the uncommonly hot temperatures and high humidity during the season and adjust to the Chiang Mai FC style of play, but he will positively contribute.

Wow you make him sound like a Premier League Player...and I don't mean Thai Premier League.

I'll Put in a call to Malcom Ellias later, he used to be Liverpool's chief scout, last I heard he was at Southampton, but on second thoughts they are only a League One team so I won't bother :)

That has been the biggest crowd ive seen since ive been going along (7 games). Usually about 2000-3000 at a rough guess. Regarding the three fingers im not sure, buit I asked one of the Thai's who sits near us and he just pointed to the club logo and at the top there are 3 figures but ive no idea what they mean.

CM Fc logo is 3 kings monument...how can CM residents not knowing this?

Wow...speechless...about time to learn some local history?

Well done my little padawan, you have passed your entrance exam .... Welcome to the thread :)

Well done my little padawan, you have passed your entrance exam .... Welcome to the thread :)

No one likes a "know all" :)

Is the logo not a Tiger?

The main logo is a tiger but on the border of the tiger there is a picture of three figures, obviously as we have been told now it is the 3 kings monument. Well you learn something new everyday :D

No one likes a "know all" :D

Is the logo not a Tiger?

The main logo is a tiger but on the border of the tiger there is a picture of three figures, obviously as we have been told now it is the 3 kings monument. Well you learn something new everyday :D

May i ask sheepishly and at the risk of getting told off by konjianghai, where is the the 3 kings monument :)

May i ask sheepishly and at the risk of getting told off by konjianghai, where is the the 3 kings monument :)

yes you may. its in the old city on phapaklao rd. not far from thai airways office. very important shrine to chiangmai people.

anyway, is anyone up for saturdays game away to payao? the chiangmaifc website says theres a free bus for supporters. i can call tomorrow to get more info. if thats not on, kevin at red lion says he may go in the car - room for about 6, but it would probably mean staying over in payao. he doesnt want to drive through the mountains after dark. whos up for it? less than 2 hour drive chm-payao, or the bus, if we can get on, probably a good laugh. 

I am looking for the score of yesterdays game and to see if Brett (the American) played. I know he has been hurt with a hamstring or some other leg injury. I have not corresponded with him lately so cannot give you any accurate information as to when he might play.

I am looking for the score of yesterdays game and to see if Brett (the American) played. I know he has been hurt with a hamstring or some other leg injury. I have not corresponded with him lately so cannot give you any accurate information as to when he might play.

Chiang mai won 4-1 but ive no idea which players played.