Chiang Mai Fc

thaimiller

Well another big game is upon us, the scores went in the favour of Chiang Mai last time out 2 weeks ago, so now theres only 1 point seperating the top 3 teams, Chiang Mai(3rd Place) are playing Pichit(2nd Place)at home this Sunday and according to the website its at the 700 year stadium, 6pm kick off, but as we know things change. If you've not been before its a great evening out and if anyone fancy's a drink before, a group of us usually meet in The Red Lion about 4pm before heading to the stadium about 5.30pm.

Edited by thaimiller

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another big game is upon us, the scores went in the favour of Chiang Mai last time out 2 weeks ago, so now theres only 1 point seperating the top 3 teams, Chiang Mai(3rd Place) are playing Pichit(2nd Place)at home this Sunday and according to the website its at the 700 year stadium, 6pm kick off, but as we know things change. If you've not been before its a great evening out and if anyone fancy's a drink before, a group of us usually meet in The Red Lion about 4pm before heading to the stadium about 5.30pm.

That sounds like fun, count me in.

Indeed, sounds interesting! And the match should be rather important :)

Where is Red Lion located?

Turn left off the night bazaar road between macs and burger king then about 40 metres on the left hand side and make sure you are wearing a name badge with your thai visa name on it for recognition :D .

Edited by alfieconn

will be a nice build-up to the WC games on Sunday night... plus I'm sure I met one of the players out the other night who asked me to go... alas Chiang memory-wipe has got the better of me

I've never been before... stupid question, I'm sure, but can you buy beer at the game? got a couple of friends visiting from england and I know the husband will be well up for this

any updates on which stadium it will be at would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

alfieconn, ohh, I thought I'd see a crowd of foreigners wearing Chiang Mai FC T-shirts and intaking the fuel before the match :-)

Don't think I'll miss you guys :-) How many usually gather at the Lion?

You won't miss the Chiang mai rabble but i was more worried about missing you hence the name badge;) .

Edited by alfieconn

I think there were 7 of us last match. Your not far wrong with the beer intake and Chiang Mai shirts though :)

I think i will pop in on Sunday so it will change from rabble to a higher class of supporter :D , does the Red Lion do a decent sunday roast by the way.

Yep you can buy beer there, I'll try to find out which stadium by sunday morning and let ya know. You can always come and meet up with us for a few beers before.

I saw a beer delivery van driving round the other day promoting the match and it said "700 yr stadium' on it.  The web-site says the same. I'm definitely going, and I'll have room in the car for 4 if anyone needs a lift.

... plus I'm sure I met one of the players out the other night who asked me to go...

Was the husband aware of this :) and with a name like miller you are certainly in distinguished company.

i have a husband?? wow, news to me :D

nice avatar btw... COYS!

Not another Spurs fan, were going to have to change the name of Chiang Mai FC from the Lanna Tigers to Chiang Mai Yids..... :) only kidding mate, hope you get chance to pop along to the pub and then to the game on sunday.

Yep you can buy beer there, I'll try to find out which stadium by sunday morning and let ya know. You can always come and meet up with us for a few beers before.

I saw a beer delivery van driving round the other day promoting the match and it said "700 yr stadium' on it. The web-site says the same. I'm definitely going, and I'll have room in the car for 4 if anyone needs a lift.

It's very kind of you! I'll come to the bar as well, and it'll be great to go to the game together.

... plus I'm sure I met one of the players out the other night who asked me to go...

Was the husband aware of this :D and with a name like miller you are certainly in distinguished company.

i have a husband?? wow, news to me :D

nice avatar btw... COYS!

I've never been before... stupid question, I'm sure, but can you buy beer at the game? got a couple of friends visiting from england and I know the husband will be well up for this

Sorry about that stumiller but i obviously read your post wrong;) anyway nice to see another spurs supporter on here, looks like we are taking over Thailand :) .

]I saw a beer delivery van driving round the other day promoting the match and it said "700 yr stadium' on it.  The web-site says the same. I'm definitely going, and I'll have room in the car for 4 if anyone needs a lift.

It's very kind of you! I'll come to the bar as well, and it'll be great to go to the game together.

We meet at about 4 and since this game is at the 700yr stadium, we'll probably leave at about 5.20 - time to get there, park the car, get a program and a pie, and find a seat.

]I saw a beer delivery van driving round the other day promoting the match and it said "700 yr stadium' on it. The web-site says the same. I'm definitely going, and I'll have room in the car for 4 if anyone needs a lift.

We meet at about 4 and since this game is at the 700yr stadium, we'll probably leave at about 5.20 - time to get there, park the car, get a program and a pie, and find a seat.

Sounds excellent! Haven't been to football for 7 years! All these years in barren Kathmandu... Really excited to support the team of a lovely town -- a hometown now, for sure :-)

Chiang Mai kept up the pressure at the top of the league with a 2-1 win away at Prea, it keeps them in second place behind Chainat who beat Lampang 1-0 to keep their 1 point lead at the top. The next home game is a week today (27th June) against Sukathai at the 700 year stadium at 6pm.

Edited by thaimiller