Hung Parliament Sends Uk Pound Crashing...!

jasonr3255

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think yesterdays dive was more to do with the stock exchange crash in NY and the problems in Greece than the election. And Crossy all the wishful thinking in the world will not sent the baht crashing, the Thai economy is to strong to be heavily influenced by happenings in central Bangkok.

So maybe we need bloody (in the literal sense) riots in London & Regent's Park to be blockaded by disgruntled protesters to send the £'s value soaring again - just as the baht's value soared in the aftermath of the 10 April bloodshed in Bangkok?????

A loss of 3% since 1st May certainly is not good :)

Now, why has the Baht not gone pear-shaped considering the political turmoil here is 1000000 times worse than the UK?

That is the 1 million baht = £1 question?

Are there any experts out there who can enlighten us?

Yes, a couple of years ago both of these shopping malls were under construction. They make an absolute minimal amount of the Thai economy. Shoppers shop elsewhere. Tourism is a small part of the Thai economy. Thailand exports more than it imports. USA And UK import an infinite amount more than they export and borrow money to do so.

What does any of this have to do with Thailand? Don't Bloomberg have a forum to go whine when one's currency goes down the toilet?

That was COLD Winnie! :D

:) I'd have gone for a straight red but for your currency heading downstream as well. :D

I think yesterdays dive was more to do with the stock exchange crash in NY and the problems in Greece than the election. And Crossy all the wishful thinking in the world will not sent the baht crashing, the Thai economy is to strong to be heavily influenced by happenings in central Bangkok.

So maybe we need bloody (in the literal sense) riots in London & Regent's Park to be blockaded by disgruntled protesters to send the £'s value soaring again - just as the baht's value soared in the aftermath of the 10 April bloodshed in Bangkok?????

You may well get the riots if the Conservatives manage to force through the job cuts they would want to do. Not sure it would have the desired effect on sterling though. :)

Only the bribed being Labour strongholds of the ones on Welfare, immigrants and public sector/state workers who are sucking the milk of the State tit...

Couldn't agree more.

Unlike the multinationals and wealthy individuals who relocate their profits overseas to avoid paying taxes. And of course London's financial district denizens would not have had any culpability in the now very sad state of affairs of Mother England.

Oh well, glad to see that some pommies wear the same blinders as their Tory brethren in my own country who wage political warfare under the Republican banner.

Now, why has the Baht not gone pear-shaped considering the political turmoil here is 1000000 times worse than the UK?

Because, for currency markets, it isn't as much about politics as it is about cold, hard numbers. Thailand might be cursed by the activities of the Reds/Yellows etc but, for the most part, the country kinda just gets on with its exports and avoids borrowing <deleted>-loads of money to pay slackers to watch daytime TV.

What does any of this have to do with Thailand? Don't Bloomberg have a forum to go whine when one's currency goes down the toilet?

That was COLD Winnie! :)

I'd have gone for a straight red but for your currency heading downstream as well.

:D It has been about 33 to the dollar for a while.

That was COLD Winnie! :)

I'd have gone for a straight red but for your currency heading downstream as well.

:D It has been about 33 to the dollar for a while.

31.21 Baht/$ today.

http://baht.thaivisa.com/

Maybe all the Brits will go home and we'll lose all the whiners and snivelers here on thaivisa.

Oh, wait! That would be terrible!

That is the most important issue on thaivisa and the place would become a morgue.

Only the bribed being Labour strongholds of the ones on Welfare, immigrants and public sector/state workers who are sucking the milk of the State tit...

Couldn't agree more.

Unlike the multinationals and wealthy individuals who relocate their profits overseas to avoid paying taxes. And of course London's financial district denizens would not have had any culpability in the now very sad state of affairs of Mother England.

Oh well, glad to see that some pommies wear the same blinders as their Tory brethren in my own country who wage political warfare under the Republican banner.

How dare you! We reserve the right to vote for political parties that are funded by non-domiciled taxpayers. (As long as they promise to crack down on the welfare state and immigration cuz that keeps us happy and looking the other way). I'll have you know that us pommies have been well taught by an Aussie who was voted "The Worlds Greatest Tax Dodger" the great Rupert Murdoch, well he was an Aussie but now he's a Yank coz that way you can own newspapers in the US. Rule Britannia. :)

Maybe all the Brits will go home and we'll lose all the whiners and snivelers here on thaivisa.

That is the most important issue on thaivisa and the place would become a morgue.

Wait wait,canadian dollar gonna be next and I have some insider info that it gonna go deeeep :)

And the point of your post is?

It appears that this discussion is way over your head. Try something you can cope with, like the pets section or something.

A loss of 3% since 1st May certainly is not good :)

My guess would be the same as saying it politically appears worse in LOS than the US....

Civil/political disturbance in LOS appears bad but, their base economy is probably doing better than ours. They do after all still produce where as the US borrows & consumes.

Political seems not as costly to ones currency as economical based problems.

And the point of your post is?

It appears that this discussion is way over your head. Try something you can cope with, like the pets section or something.

:D:D:)

Anyway, if it keeps going this way then a holiday in Britain is definitely on the cards. Would love to go and enjoy the cheap beer, a Prem League match, and get re-acquainted with the color gray in all it's shades.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Anyway, if it keeps going this way then a holiday in Britain is definitely on the cards. Would love to go and enjoy the cheap beer, a Prem League match, and get re-acquainted with the color gray in all it's shades.

Would have to slide a lot for a PL game to be cheap..

Early January would be the best time to visit in that case. I will be happy to privide you with a free ticket to a Carlisle home game. Just send me a PM. :)

Nope, we can still whine and snivel from our cold bedsits in the UK.

PS

CAN A MOD please delete all the BNP posts ..... I don't want to have to read that rubbish again.

Has been dealt with. The post and two replies to it have been deleted. Thanks to all the members who reported it.

Last week

Monday 3-May-10 ฿49.39250

Tuesday 4-May-10 ฿48.83500

Wednesday 5-May-10 ฿48.70500

Thursday 6-May-10 ฿48.64625

Friday 7-May-10 ฿47.67125

Today 9-May-10 46.8225

Wednesday 20-Jan-10 ฿53.70810

Nearly 7 baht in 4 months or 13% so far this year :)

Not looking so good.

I am slowly and mind numbingly drawing a 10 year thread of the GBP/THB and when I finish it I will put it up on a thread.

Couldn't agree more.

Political warfare?...The Banks controlling Governments are the problem, so it affects both sides of the political divide, Ponder this -

The British Labour Government has borrowed enourmous amounts from the Bankers that the majority of Labour voters (public/state sector workers) have to pay back the Bankers interest through higher taxation for generations to come...of course the majority cant fathom this because they are too busy glued to the TV watching Britains got talent or X Factor :)

This er borrowing of taxpayers money to bribe this sector of the electorate is a corruption of the democratic process for the Labour Parties own gain.

They will keep spending, borrowing, spending borrowing, importing Labour voters (immigrants) as this is a clear project to continue in power, however is this project the Labour parties first consideration whats the best for the UK?

Similar to the Red shirt supporters (and other plummage) being paid to attend the Bangkok demonstrations whith there own money just being recirculated as it was stolen off of them in the first place.

Couldn't agree more.

Political warfare?...The Banks controlling Governments are the problem, so it affects both sides of the political divide, Ponder this -

The British Labour Government has borrowed enourmous amounts from the Bankers that the majority of Labour voters (public/state sector workers) have to pay back the Bankers interest through higher taxation for generations to come...of course the majority cant fathom this because they are too busy glued to the TV watching Britains got talent or X Factor :)

This er borrowing of taxpayers money to bribe this sector of the electorate is a corruption of the democratic process for the Labour Parties own gain.

They will keep spending, borrowing, spending borrowing, importing Labour voters (immigrants) as this is a clear project to continue in power, however is this project the Labour parties first consideration whats the best for the UK?

Similar to the Red shirt supporters (and other plummage) being paid to attend the Bangkok demonstrations whith there own money just being recirculated as it was stolen off of them in the first place.

I'm not sure I quite follow this. I thought you were going to say that the Government borrowed enormous amounts to bail out the bankers and then ended up owing the money to those same bankers, whom the population now has to pay back. Commentators write about the credit crunch and the transformation of private debt into public debt. I think the people watching the games shows certainly need to do some thinking

Edited by citizen33

1 GBP = 48.84987 THB

Looks about 1 bht less than last week ........ is that considered crashing?

Its bumbling about US$ 1.50 or thereabouts, same as 13 years ago, plunging horizontally into oblivion.

SC

Looks like a lot of people will be coming out of retirement in the next few years for the lucky few that can find work. The Baht seems to weather the storm quite well these days.

or maybe just more people will transfer their pensions out of the UK into QROPS and QNUPS and increase their net income by the best part of 50% in some cases making the current Baht depreciation relatively small and protecting themselves against aby further depreciation?