Bangkok: Policeman Killed, 7 Policemen, 2 Civilians Injured In Double Attacks

webfact

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- Courts have to re-enforce Laws on weapons: the wild West was in the 19th century....we are now in the 21th century

That doesn't work here, all law enforcement is superceded by money.

Here's another rambling thread blaming the "REDS".

Be clear in a situation like this, there will be many "loony" factions on BOTH sides who think that by engaging in this sort of stuff that they will stir things up or achieve some obscure aims.

This site has taken to screaming anti-Resshirt slogans rather than making constructive comments on the situation - as most of the posters are probably ex-pats surely they would do themselves a favor if they stood back and took a dispassionate look at the situation rather than engage in partisan rantings and baseless accusations.

I've said it before on this site, Im increasingly astounded by the incredibly infantile comments that the expat community is capable of on this site.

Here's another rambling thread blaming the "EXPATS".

Be clear in a situation like this, there will be many "loony" factions on BOTH sides who think that by engaging in this sort of stuff that they will stir things up or achieve some obscure aims.

This site has taken to screaming anti-EXPATS slogans rather than making constructive comments on the situation - as most of the posters are probably REDSHIRT SUPPORTERS surely they would do themselves a favor if they stood back and took a dispassionate look at the situation rather than engage in partisan rantings and baseless accusations.

I've said it before on this site, Im increasingly astounded by the incredibly infantile comments that the REDSHIRTS SUPPORTERS community is capable of on this site.

WOW that was a constructive and not infantile post , Thanks a lot for your inspiring intelligence Deeral

I think it is most likely that the attack was carried out by red shirts who do not agree with the PM's road map. The reds clearly have different groups within their ranks with different thoughts and the most radical ones sure have the means to launch grenades and such.

The yellows are not very likely to attack police. So far they haven't been linked to any attacks with war weapons. If they were, I guess they would have attacked the reds at Ratchaprasong so I do not understand why people can think it might be yellows (unless they have evidence to back it up).

Sad that the reds still do not disperse from their protest site. Guess they get paid by the day (that includes their leaders!) so they want to stay as long as possible.....

Thais hate Thais but they need to live on the same land. There are no good Thais or bad Thais, there are only Thais who need A NEW POLITICAL system to live together peacefully.

Are you nuts? Really, are you nuts? If we don't like an elected government then we return to the polls, and do our best to have them defeated. We write articles in our newspapers, publish documents to enlighten and perhaps call them to account for their misdeeds. We don't go around like a bunch of criminals shooting at police, and civilians killing, terrorizing them. Please find some shame, don't try and sell us "no good Thais or bad Thais" nonsense.

I have no trouble with peaceful protest where someone voices outrage for perceived wrongs, but this is something very different and I'm at a lost why you spout such nonsense to cover this wrong.

I am a Malaysian. Can anyone elaborate? Yellow Shirts are anti red shirts. How can they (Yellow Shirts) protested in 40 armed bases? Are they part of the military personals disguised in yellow? Does the yellow do not like peace? When they conquered the airport previously no one called them terrorist!!! Now they named their opponents "terrorist". Why? They can protest but others can't. Are the yellow shirts protesters holy? The recent shooting made me suspect that Yellow Shirts army intelligence have a part. The reason before they claim had confisticated about 60 over M79 grenade launcher from red shirt protesters motor bike. Is it confisticated red handed or planted later. I believe it was planted because they need to impilcate the red shirts are "terrorist". If one carry a weapon he won't left idle without using it. But the child story goes that Red Shirts left their M79 idle in their motor bike when the police attacked with rubber and real bullets. As a human being 'think'. I think Yellow Shirts have a part in this recent shooting.

ok lets be clear once and for all.

the yellow shirts didnt " conquer" or invade the airport , they went there to " welcome" somchai who was returning from a trip , but there was so many that the director of AOT closed the airport by HIMSELF ... they rallied in the arrival lane OUTSIDE the airport at first and NEVER ASKED THE THE AIRPORT BE CLOSED ... ONCE the airport was closed BY AOT then they just sat there .....

very easy to give the key of your house to a burglar and then accuse him to ransack your house ....

ohhhh and NO I'M NOT PRO YELLOW , I think that the situation as it is today would not have happened if Abhisit had the balls to put Sondhi and Chamlong in Jail without parole for 5 years as soon as he became prime minister.

Edited by SabaiBKK

The redshirts are on the verge of getting what they want. It is more much likely that it is someone else who wants to disrupt the peacetrain. :)

I would agree with you if I believed that what the redshirts say they want is what they really want. I think the article from today with Thalkin's sister in the negotiations is probably factual and what this whole demonstration has been about. I don't think Abhisit will yield on the legal stuff, hence the re-escalation IMO.

I am a Malaysian. Can anyone elaborate? Yellow Shirts are anti red shirts. How can they (Yellow Shirts) protested in 40 armed bases? Are they part of the military personals disguised in yellow? Does the yellow do not like peace? When they conquered the airport previously no one called them terrorist!!! Now they named their opponents "terrorist". Why? They can protest but others can't. Are the yellow shirts protesters holy? The recent shooting made me suspect that Yellow Shirts army intelligence have a part. The reason before they claim had confisticated about 60 over M79 grenade launcher from red shirt protesters motor bike. Is it confisticated red handed or planted later. I believe it was planted because they need to impilcate the red shirts are "terrorist". If one carry a weapon he won't left idle without using it. But the child story goes that Red Shirts left their M79 idle in their motor bike when the police attacked with rubber and real bullets. As a human being 'think'. I think Yellow Shirts have a part in this recent shooting.

the yellow shirts didnt " conquer" or invade the airport , they went there to " welcome" somchai who was returning from a trip , but there was so many that the director of AOT closed the airport by HIMSELF ... they rallied in the arrival lane OUTSIDE the airport at first and NEVER ASKED THE THE AIRPORT BE CLOSED ... ONCE the airport was closed BY AOT then they just sat there .....

very easy to give the key of your house to a burglar and then accuse him to ransack your house ....

ohhhh and NO I'M NOT PRO YELLOW , I think that the situation as it is today would not have happened if Abhisit had the balls to put Sondhi and Chamlong in Jail without parole for 5 years as soon as he became prime minister.

Was Somchai arriving at ALL airports? I seem to recall the yellows occupying all the international airports.

Sounds like a yellow shirt sponsored thing to me, they stand to lose the most in a November election, because the people will vote for the PPP as usual. It's a good deal for the redshirts so I can't see them being daft enough to scupper it.

Get Thaksin out of the equation and progress will ensue.

It is much more complex than that; Thaksin is only one of the variables in the equation.

Thaksin is the prime factor. He obviously doesn't like the PM's peace plan, makes Abhisit come out of this in a positive light.

The real movement is the blackshirt thugs, run by a military officer and equipped with real weapons of war.

The redshirt movement is there to give it human empathy, women and children as part of what is supposed to be a peaceful demonstration. Then there's some of the reds riled up and hungry for blood, brandish bamboo pikes. All these are the images you are supposed to see.

After April 10th when the blackshirts became visible both sides pulled a "who farted?" as if no one knew who these guys are.

Without Thaksin there would be none of this mess in the streets. This may be one of the grandest displays of cynical self-serving in these parts in decades, on a level above Mugabe. The PM should do what is necessary to have him branded a sponsor of international terrorism. FAST! Someone will clip his wings soon enough, but them I fear he'll be able to buy his way out. Unfortunately, maybe it is best to handle this Israeli style, shut his yap one and for all. I don't think the Thais have such an intelligence/tactical section to handle this, though.

Your view on this tragedy is very parochial and narrow. The prize for winning this chess game is the ability to choose the “successor”. Thaksin has little to do with it.

What we might be seeing however is the situation slipping out of the control of the power brokers. If that is true, this mess might be the beginning of an undeclared but protracted civil war.

My advice to fellow farangs is to get out of the cities and into the provinces where “it just doesn’t matter”.

Sounds like a yellow shirt sponsored thing to me, they stand to lose the most in a November election, because the people will vote for the PPP as usual. It's a good deal for the redshirts so I can't see them being daft enough to scupper it.

I'm sorry but I believe that you are wrong. A November election does the "red shirt" faction no good what so ever. They need to be in control prior to September.

Was Somchai arriving at ALL airports? I seem to recall the yellows occupying all the international airports.

No, but the yellows wanted to make sure that he didn't just divert to a different airport.

There is elements on both sides that want more violence and somehow see gain from it in their twisted minds. Thailand is close to taking a very long step in the right direction, so lets hope for a speedy recovery for both the victims and reconciliation.

I would hope the press could separate what happens in Bangkok from the insurgency in the south from now on. Different conflicts.

.... and if and when they eventually disperse the protesters... I will NOT visit Ratchaprasong for three months.... that place is FILTHY and probably BOOBY TRAPPED like Cambodia with explosives hidden all over the place... a death trap.... imagine parking in the basement of Central World and having a grenade explode next to you as you are leaving your car.

This is unsubstantiated rumor and Fear-Mongering at its worst !!!

Please supply some factual Basis for your accusations!

CS

redshirt caravan from Isaan of ab 5,000 ppl. just arrived in Bangkok after red leaders called for a million more people to come to the seized area.

Yes, appears the red shirts are serious about this peace offer. Clearly they are still hel_l bent on getting authorities to move on them.

Now, what was that about CRES roadblocks controlling the flow of people and access into restricted areas???

CS

Thais hate Thais but they need to live on the same land. There are no good Thais or bad Thais, there are only Thais who need A NEW POLITICAL system to live together peacefully.

"No bad Thais" what do you actually have to do to qualify for that ? These seem to be bad enough to me !

The PPP only got about 40% of the vote in 2007, and these protests, particularly the Chula invasion, will mean that they probably won't get much new support in non-red areas.

If the people vote the same as they did in the last election, and the coalitions are the same, then we'll see the same people in government. There isn't much evidence to say that there will be much change.

Forget all the speculation, conspiracy theories, rumors... it is a waste of time.

Disperse the protesters.... no negotiations... we are losing every day we sit and let them dictate how this conflict concludes.

I am rather more focus - get the terrorist out, than disperse all ! otherwise, reds blame government, yellow fights with reds . . . never end :-(

THE NATION: pretty clear some1 doesn't want it to end peacefully. it cud b 1) the man whose toys r M79 2) the group who hates PM's road map

THE NATION: 3) the group who wants an interim gov and shakes the situation so as to pave the way for new administration.

even the Nation is not focusing on the Red Shirts. Obviously, some people want the current and fragile dialog between red shirts and government derails.

Who is it? Only speculations...

.....a small group crazy about weaponry? maybe but not a first option. weak probability

.....Militias from Group opposed to Roadmap and not happy by the behavior of Police and Army, estimated too weak? maybe, a strong option

.....militias from Group who want current Government to resign? maybe, but not a strong option IMHO.

......Red Shirts? I do not think so: they have to restore their Public relations after Chulalongkorn hospital story and they are in discussion with Government

.....Independant groups with other objectives? ultra Left, Ultra Right, Anarchists...Maybe, a strong option

Your view on this tragedy is very parochial and narrow. The prize for winning this chess game is the ability to choose the “successor”. Thaksin has little to do with it.

What we might be seeing however is the situation slipping out of the control of the power brokers. If that is true, this mess might be the beginning of an undeclared but protracted civil war.

Cut off the head and the body dies.

See yesterday's interview with the PM: Thaksin has been calling other Thai political leaders trying to build consensus. This snake has one head.

Can anyone find a previous incident where grenade usage has been attributed to the yellows?

"No bad Thais" what do you actually have to do to qualify for that ? These seem to be bad enough to me !

there is certainly some bad Thai - whom attack soldiers, polices and civilians with weapons ! I just don't care they are reds, yellows and any colour, they are cold-blooded :):D:D

THE NATION: Urgent: Red leaders condemn last nite's attacks and express condolences for the victims, families.

THE NATION: Nuttawut said it was the work of those "who don't want to see this end/who are equipped to achieve their goal."

Good to see the reds have condemned this incident. This is the first time they have done that.

Ofcourse, that doesn't mean that this wasn't done by a violent faction of the reds.

But at least the red leaders are moving forward.

THE NATION: pretty clear some1 doesn't want it to end peacefully. it cud b 1) the man whose toys r M79 2) the group who hates PM's road map

THE NATION: 3) the group who wants an interim gov and shakes the situation so as to pave the way for new administration.

even the Nation is not focusing on the Red Shirts. Obviously, some people want the current and fragile dialog between red shirts and government derails.

Who is it? Only speculations...

.....a small group crazy about weaponry? maybe but not a first option. weak probability

.....Militias from Group opposed to Roadmap and not happy by the behavior of Police and Army, estimated too weak? maybe, a strong option

.....militias from Group who want current Government to resign? maybe, but not a strong option IMHO.

......Red Shirts? I do not think so: they have to restore their Public relations after Chulalongkorn hospital story and they are in discussion with Government

.....Independant groups with other objectives? ultra Left, Ultra Right, Anarchists...Maybe, a strong option

Jerry, I haven't seen any journalistic confirmation that thousands of redshirts have either just arrived or are enroute to Bangkok. 1) Do you know if that's true? 2) If it's true, what would be the reason for a group to do that if they said they were leaving on Monday?

THE NATION: Urgent: Red leaders condemn last nite's attacks and express condolences for the victims, families.

THE NATION: Nuttawut said it was the work of those "who don't want to see this end/who are equipped to achieve their goal."

Good to see the reds have condemned this incident. This is the first time they have done that.

Ofcourse, that doesn't mean that this wasn't done by a violent faction of the reds.

But at least the red leaders are moving forward.

Did he say that he was packing up so his group would no longer be a a catalyst for vilolent activities? I''ll bet he didn't.

Jerry, I haven't seen any journalistic confirmation that thousands of redshirts have either just arrived or are enroute to Bangkok. 1) Do you know if that's true? 2) If it's true, what would be the reason for a group to do that if they said they were leaving on Monday?

There has been independent confirmation of reds arriving. No real sense of numbers, but since when has there been during these protests.

redshirt caravan from Isaan of ab 5,000 ppl. just arrived in Bangkok after red leaders called for a million more people to come to the seized area.

Yes, appears the red shirts are serious about this peace offer. Clearly they are still hel_l bent on getting authorities to move on them.

Now, what was that about CRES roadblocks controlling the flow of people and access into restricted areas???

CS

reds need another 5,000 people helping them to clean up Rajprasong, and confuse the CRES for arresting their 'leaders' :-)

He was supposed to arrive at don muang , that is why don muang was hit first by the yellow wave, then rumors said that he was rerouted to suvarnabhumi so they went to swampy

have any more doubt about my post? check the newspapers online archives

Here's another rambling thread blaming the "REDS".

This site has taken to screaming anti-Resshirt slogans rather than making constructive comments on the situation - as most of the posters are probably ex-pats surely they would do themselves a favor if they stood back and took a dispassionate look at the situation rather than engage in partisan rantings and baseless accusations.

I've said it before on this site, Im increasingly astounded by the incredibly infantile comments that the expat community is capable of on this site.

-But, isn't it interesting that grenades keep being used and hasn't it been reported that the Red thugs have launchers...or am I wrong (I know, the protesters all have red clappers)? Next: I am assuming most of the viewers on ThaiVisa are "farangs" like me. Many of us are raised to question, evaluate, and discuss issues--. So it will be natural to read comments that will disagree with yours or mine.

Are you looking for launchers? Google to "potato kanon" : with some pvc pipes and a BBQ igniter,you can shoot a patatoo (or something else) for about 200-300 yards !

After that take the pipes appart and there is nothing to see ,simple as it is !All those things are available for everyone on internet ,so if you dont know what you are looking for ,you will not find it !

Sorry mate, but that won't wash! M-79 grenades are inert until spun rapidly x number of times in the correct direction of rotation, which is done by the rifling in the barrel of the launcher. Your potato cannon might deliver the projectile, but it wouldn't explode.

Red arms cache found a few days ago included M-79 grenades and launchers. No other person/party have been caught in possession of M-79's, except an self-claimed arms dealer heading to a conflict scene (was he going to sell to the army??).There have been no reports of reds attacked by M-79's, but many of their opponents, including the commander of the 1st clearance attempt. Fireworks in the red camp have been used as a distraction during 2 such attacks. One caught perpetrator admits to carrying out M-79 grenade attacks for the reds.

Circumstantial evidence, but my jury would give the death penalty.