Bangkok: Policeman Killed, 7 Policemen, 2 Civilians Injured In Double Attacks

webfact

IMO it was likely the yellow terrorists responsible for this. The police have supported the red shirts for weeks now, refusing to crack down on them. It's highly unlikely that the red shirts would do this to the police. The army, yes. The police, no.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a few people here should watch this very informative conducted by the ANU (Aust Nat Uni)

"

thanks for the link

Ist, 3rd and 4th presenters pretty good. The second guy doesn't have his "double standards" argument straight.

in general it is a very comprehensive, a very objective academic observation ! appreciated and worth to circulate around !

while they dressed in Armari shirt and sit in air-con lecture hall, they really stay COOL :-)

Nuttawut: We have understood the five points proposed by PM. We will put forward our own proposals in a few days.

I don't think there should be any negotiation with the terrorists. Arrest them and send those that want to go home, home. As for the others, time to crackdown. Remove the kids and that's it. They are the only ones I would be concerned about. I've seen videos of women attacking their fair share as well. No need for any hardcore to be spared.

Nuttawut: We have understood the five points proposed by PM. We will put forward our own proposals in a few days.

I don't think there should be any negotiation with the terrorists. Arrest them and send those that want to go home, home. As for the others, time to crackdown. Remove the kids and that's it. They are the only ones I would be concerned about. I've seen videos of women attacking their fair share as well. No need for any hardcore to be spared.

The reds playing hardball again. This isn't going to work. They are clearly NOT really accepting the offer which was presented without the option of continued negotiation.

IMO it was likely the yellow terrorists responsible for this. The police have supported the red shirts for weeks now, refusing to crack down on them. It's highly unlikely that the red shirts would do this to the police. The army, yes. The police, no.

now I leanrt and I start NOT to suspect anyone, it is more or less OUT OF CONTROL situation.

I really scream for STOP VIOLENCE, and these armed terriorists must be identified !

Sounds like a yellow shirt sponsored thing to me, they stand to lose the most in a November election, because the people will vote for the PPP as usual. It's a good deal for the redshirts so I can't see them being daft enough to scupper it.

I'm sorry but I believe that you are wrong. A November election does the "red shirt" faction no good what so ever. They need to be in control prior to September.

How does that work?

I think the UDD should accept the road map and leave by Monday. Not sure what else is there to gain, realistically. Surely they don't expect to turn all of Thailand's political challenges around in a single protest..

But they won't --- so instead of joining in any reconciliation they are continueing an illegal violent protest.

Were the attacks the Reds? Probably. Sae Daeng has said he isn't leaving until THAKSIN tells him too. Sae Daeng is known for his grenades. The corner there is controlled by Sae Daeng's loyal followers.

I think the UDD should accept the road map and leave by Monday. Not sure what else is there to gain, realistically. Surely they don't expect to turn all of Thailand's political challenges around in a single protest..

Agreed! :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Well said, that.

I hope you're right. And I hope that any further protests are peaceful on all sides.

Hmmm, yeah sure... The redshirts have not shown themselves to be the brightest in their past actions..... Believe what you want, it is obvious to those who see clearly that the redshirts know nothing but violence to get their way - for them violence is democracy....

Not another conspiracy theory! So who planted that homemade bomb in front of Chula hospital that needed dismantled? Who would do that? Beware of those who idolize Chavez

I think they should go as well. They've got the election which is what they were campaigning for so why stay and why bring more reinforcements? I am very sad about the shootings, last night I revisted Saladeng for the first time in 6 months and it was very quiet. A few hours later on the same Soi I walked on people were shooting and killing ....hard to believe. Unless it is a split red group I can't imagine it was the reds as they don't seem to have anything to gain from this terrorist act. Unfortunately TIT and we probably will never know who did it. It doesnt look good for Thailands future whatever government is voted in. Come on Thailand get your act together and lets get back to the land of smiles that everyone loves! :)

You must have missed the announcement. Before you go blaming the PAD for this, get your facts straight. The do nothing Bangkok police have been replaced with hard corps, battle tested police from the south. These were the police the Reds targeted last night.These police are ready for a confrontation and waiting for the order to go in. Abhisit is trying to work something out so he doesn't have to send them in, but what you saw last night was a group of the hard corps Reds who want the confrontation. That is where it is now.

Well said, that.

I hope you're right. And I hope that any further protests are peaceful on all sides.

Latest on the daily updates suggests the redshirts are beginning to renege on earlier statements.... The redshirts cannot be trusted...

Well said, that.

Latest on the daily updates suggests the redshirts are beginning to renege on earlier statements.... The redshirts cannot be trusted...

I don't think Mr Abhisit or the Yellow shirts can be trusted either.

Well said, that.

Well, like it or not, for this to get resolved, some trust building needs to take place, one step at a time. I'd like to think that Abhisit kind of made that first step by reaching out, drawing flak from the hawks on his own side.

Well said, that.

Prime Minister Abhisit is one of the few people I would trust, and the PAD has never shown the propensity for indiscriminate violence and terrorism that the redshirts have. And don't rant about the airport siezure, it was an act of civil disobedience that involved no acts of terrorism. While I believe that that should give the PM's plan a chance, they are absolutely right to distrust the redshirts and honestly I agree the timeline for elections is to short but that is the PM's call. Nonetheless I believe we will see the red shirts practicing democracy as they have in the past as the elections near - bribes, intimidation, and actual violence... If they give the government reason to to call off the elections maybe that will be good on one level... Early on I prayed everyone would leave this in a sane exodus... But that makes an assumption the redshirts are sane.

It was a good move on the part of the government to bring police from the South, and hopefully they have been doing the same with the military presence. P.M. Abhisit is a good and honest man. Far better a leader than the TRT, PPP, PTP have ever put forward...

there is another point of view on the re-enforcement of Ratchaprasong: taking into account the Government difficulties, Red Shirts have to reinforce their strength to impose the Roadmap. On contrary of some opinions, this can help the Government to impose the roadmap against Yellow and multicolored movements.

That's some seriously backwards logic. Reinforcing the demonstrations is equivalent to hollering a big 'f' you at the government and spitting on the reconciliation. They have dragged their heels and thrown up barrier after barrier. They are showing themselves to be totally insincere. And they are responsible for last night's attacks whether their guys did it or not. They have never been about playing nice or by the rules. Reconciliation is not in their interests, nor is it in the interests of their paymaster.

You got it. The reds don't need reinforcements at this point all they have to do is say "yes Mr PM" and go home and vote. It's obvious they are stalling for time and have some other agenda.

I think they should have a month ago before all the violence when the PM offered pretty much the same deal as he did last week ... elections a year early.

The red mob needs a serious change in leader ship ... were is Jim Jones when you need him?

Edit: It is a joke ... thought I'd mention this before somebody cries.

Edited by jcbangkok

But they won't go. We know that now. Is your tolerance and support of red shirt crimes unlimited?

But they won't go. We know that now. Is your tolerance and support of red shirt crimes unlimited?

Not only that but when have the reds shown any concern for Thailand and not just their own leaders?

Edited by jcbangkok

Your avatar is most offensive to gay, Christian whales!

and not to the anti-nuke or Christian community??

You may want to reconsider your nuke the gay whales advocacy. There are more gay whales than you might imagine. Especially in Pattaya. Do you think the world can cope with that much BLUBBER?

Your avatar is most offensive to gay, Christian whales!

and not to the anti-nuke or Christian community??

You may want to reconsider your nuke the gay whales advocacy. There are more gay whales than you might imagine. Especially in Pattaya. Do you think the world can cope with that much BLUBBER?

Okay, certainly nobody can find a can of pudding offensive

Well, like it or not, for this to get resolved, some trust building needs to take place, one step at a time. I'd like to think that Abhisit kind of made that first step by reaching out, drawing flak from the hawks on his own side.

:D An amazingly neutral comment from Winnie!

now I'm really confused :)

:D An amazingly neutral comment from Winnie!

now I'm really confused :)

Don't be. No matter what the reds do he will always come up with a new rationale.

If the reds do go home then their leaders should be arrested right? they all have arrest warrents out for them.

They seem to consider themselves as a seperate entity to the PTP and are saying they want to be a part of any negotiations so was wondering who will there be to negotiate on their behalf if they are all locked up as they should be.

Is there another layer of red leadership in suits and ties waiting in the wings or do the present leaders see themselves "free" to be part of any negotiations?

Dont see how those on stage could ever have the credability to sit with a panel to work out sensable policy particularly the way their mouths work.