Bkk - Pattaya

jakestevernson

about 1000 baht and depends on the time of day............ traffic etc ...... allow a couple of hours

Must have been a long time ago that you made that trip.From the new airport to Pattaya max an hour and half.

Many posts on here now saying that with the new road opened about 1 hour 15 mins. Not so sure 1000baht will do it. I usually pay 1500 with my regular driver who waited at Swampy for me last time for nearly 2 hours after a very slow process through Passport control.

Thanks Guys, 1500 baht and 1.5 hrs with no traffic, sounds great. I take it it's the same coming back right? Is there a Taxi Station in Pattaya I should go to for the return journey?

I thought a lot of taxi drivers at Bangkok airport wouldn't want to go all the way to Pattaya.

JS

Thanks Guys, 1500 baht and 1.5 hrs with no traffic, sounds great. I take it it's the same coming back right? Is there a Taxi Station in Pattaya I should go to for the return journey?

I thought a lot of taxi drivers at Bangkok airport wouldn't want to go all the way to Pattaya.

JS

I have been using Mr T taxi service for three years now. http://www.paradise-pattaya.com/taxi-to-pattaya.html Pick you up at your hotel, condo, etc. Will wait to pick you up at BKK airport. 1,000 baht each way and no toll charges.

JS

I have been using Mr T taxi service for three years now. http://www.paradise-pattaya.com/taxi-to-pattaya.html Pick you up at your hotel, condo, etc. Will wait to pick you up at BKK airport. 1,000 baht each way and no toll charges.

Also last time I went to BKK airport I only had carry on so decided to try the bus. Being as it is next door to where I live in Jomtien. Fare was 124 baht. Non stop to airport. Very good service. Dropped me off right at EVA terminal (Terminal # 7 I believe). Had I had luggage there are FREE carts right in front where bus stops. Problem is if you have early or late flights, there is no service available so use Mr. T.

Thanks again guys I think I will check out Mr T taxi. Also can anyone receommend a reasonable hotel for a night in Pattaya and does anyone know what Soi Buakhao is like?

Soi Buakhao is... lively. It's got tons of cheapo apartment buildings, little shops and stores, two markets, street food, etc. Many of Pattaya's tourist industry workers live there, and there's more and more nightlife moving there as well. So you get this weird mix of street food stalls, barber shops, internet cafes, a ladyboy go-go bar/brothel, some 500-600 baht range hotels, massage & spa shops, suddenly a Western pub or restaurant that looks like it wants to be all up-market with fancy interior, lighting & prices, etc.

It's very low class obviously, it's where the dregs get their cheapo hotels, but... in a way that's also an attraction. It looks in absolutely no way like any tourist brochure ever drawn up of Thailand, yet it's unmistakenly 'Thai' in so many ways. Traffic can be completely insane, I'd imagine there are multiple accidents involving motorbikes there every day. I once took a motorcycle taxi the full stretch of it, that was an experience. :D I may stay there myself though when my usual picks along Second Road are full. If you prefer to stay outside of the eye of the storm that is Pattaya then you can also consider Jomtien or Naklua.

Soi Bua Khao is when you say "Screw the beach, I'm here for the hard core Pattaya life." :D From your message though I take it you're only staying a single night? In that case I think you can do better, spend a tad more and be near-ish to a beach if only for the view and general ambiance. Maybe even splurge; some nice big 4 star hotels with sea views can be booked around 2000 baht these days. Pattaya tends to look far less of a pit when you splurge. :)

On getting to Patters from the airport, note that Bell Travel (www.belltravelservice.com) as well as some other companies run a bus directly from the main terminal at the airport, so no need to take a shuttle bus to the airport bus station. I typically take it when my arrival time is close to one of the departures. If not, then taxi is a good option. Even the bus now only takes 1 hour 15 minutes, if you take a taxi then depening on his driving style he may do it in an hour flat. :D

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Thanks again guys I think I will check out Mr T taxi. Also can anyone receommend a reasonable hotel for a night in Pattaya and does anyone know what Soi Buakhao is like?

Soi Buakhao is... lively. It's got tons of cheapo apartment buildings, little shops and stores, two markets, street food, etc. Many of Pattaya's tourist industry workers live there, and there's more and more nightlife moving there as well. So you get this weird mix of street food stalls, barber shops, internet cafes, a ladyboy go-go bar/brothel, some 500-600 baht range hotels, massage & spa shops, suddenly a Western pub or restaurant that looks like it wants to be all up-market with fancy interior, lighting & prices, etc.

It's very low class obviously, it's where the dregs get their cheapo hotels, but... in a way that's also an attraction. It looks in absolutely no way like any tourist brochure ever drawn up of Thailand, yet it's unmistakenly 'Thai' in so many ways. Traffic can be completely insane, I'd imagine there are multiple accidents involving motorbikes there every day. I once took a motorcycle taxi the full stretch of it, that was an experience. :D I may stay there myself though when my usual picks along Second Road are full. If you prefer to stay outside of the eye of the storm that is Pattaya then you can also consider Jomtien or Naklua.

Soi Bua Khao is when you say "Screw the beach, I'm here for the hard core Pattaya life." :D From your message though I take it you're only staying a single night? In that case I think you can do better, spend a tad more and be near-ish to a beach if only for the view and general ambiance. Maybe even splurge; some nice big 4 star hotels with sea views can be booked around 2000 baht these days. Pattaya tends to look far less of a pit when you splurge. :)

On getting to Patters from the airport, note that Bell Travel (www.belltravelservice.com) as well as some other companies run a bus directly from the main terminal at the airport, so no need to take a shuttle bus to the airport bus station. I typically take it when my arrival time is close to one of the departures. If not, then taxi is a good option. Even the bus now only takes 1 hour 15 minutes, if you take a taxi then depening on his driving style he may do it in an hour flat. :D

An excellent post with lots of goof info. I will be only there for one evening so will go with your adive and stay somewher nicer. I prefer to be the nightlife so it will make getting home easier.

Many thanks!