Why So Many Gay Farangs In Cm

kenallday

I have just been in Chiang Mai and it was a great visit, however I noticed there seem to be a lot of old farang gays there - not that they bother me but I was just wondering why do they all go to Chiang Mai? I have never noticed so many in one place before mincing about with young Thai blokes.

It's a nice place. Gays who can afford it flock to the pleasant, amusing places in the world. I would live there but I can't stand the air pollution. Mincing about? That's some kind of slur, eh? What do the straight guys do with their young birds then, you've got a word for that?

Edited by Jingthing

It's a nice place. Gays who can afford it flock to the pleasant, amusing places in the world. I would live there but I can't stand the air pollution. Mincing about? That's some kind of slur, eh? What do the straight guys do with their young birds then, you've got a word for that?

There are many words for that! Number of gay dudes seems about average here from my observation. Haven't seen much "mincing" other than the Katoy at songkran.

I also noticed a lot of blond-haired women who date Pakistani men at the St John's Wood Tesco. I've never seen so many mixed couples in one place and I wonder why they all go there...

It is a fact that, generally, people with like-minded cultures, interests, outlooks or traits tend to prefer to be with other people of similar kind. It is not limited to any coutry, type or creed and I dont see why you need to stereo-type. Are you going to complain about the ladyboys in your next post then ?

As someone else said: Chiang Mai is a nice place to live for many people. Let's leave it at that, shall we.

Your gaydar probably just works better here. This might be easily explained.

When you see two guys walking down the street in your own country, you don't know if they're friends or brothers or partners. Here you see an older foreign man and a young Thai guy and of course many are prone to assume that the relationship is romantic.

Likewise, if you see an older man and a young woman in the West most might normally assume they're father and daughter. Of course, they might be wrong, but here it's much easier to tell if a pair is related by blood.

I agree that it would have been better not to use the word "mincing." I have plenty of gay friends and none of them mince. Unless they're cooking, maybe.

perhaps hotdog in a bun more appropriate :)

straight old guy with young tasty bird, hhhmm KFC? :D

Does this mean you have come out of the closet?

why do they all love bowling too. I saw a group of like 7 80 year old gay dudes with their 18 year old boyfriends having a bowling party last week.

Bowling is good exercise and fun socially.

Next question?

A lot of these responses are akin to the U.S. military rule: Don't ask, don't tell.

It is true that there are a significant number of gay men in Chiang Mai. I have no idea if there are more than there are in other cities around the world, but there are some reasons why there might be.

Unless one decides to have a large expensive Western lifestyle, it can be inexpensive to live here (or retire).

Chiang Mai has its charms.

It is away from "home" - wherever that is, and where one might feel constrained.

Thais generally have a "live and let live" attitude, though the political parties from time to time get all Puritanical.

And then too, just as is the case with hetero guys, men will come here for sexual satisfaction - often paid for, this way and that.

And then word gets out, and folks come here, as with a popular bar or pub - while it lasts, if it lasts.

why do they all love bowling too. I saw a group of like 7 80 year old gay dudes with their 18 year old boyfriends having a bowling party last week.

why are people who ask the most stupid questions allowed to exist on this planet? :)

Is the reason not obvious? In case you hadn't noticed there is a much, much larger number of elderly straight farangs living in CM who have enslaved all the sweet lady folk by offering them generous financial packages of support. With all the fair maidens of child bearing age now under foreign ownership what is your average Thai guy meant to do......... Find himself a Farang right :):D

Is the reason not obvious? In case you hadn't noticed there is a much, much larger number of elderly straight farangs living in CM who have enslaved all the sweet lady folk by offering them generous financial packages of support. With all the fair maidens of child bearing age now under foreign ownership what is your average Thai guy meant to do......... Find himself a Farang right :D:D

:)

perhaps hotdog in a bun more appropriate :D

straight old guy with young tasty bird, hhhmm KFC? :D

:D:D:D

Limbo :)

Butterflying around?

mince (mns)

v. minced, minc·ing, minc·es

v.tr.

a. To cut or chop into very small pieces.

b. To subdivide (land, for example) into minute parts.

2. To pronounce in an affected way, as with studied elegance and refinement.

3. To moderate or restrain (words) for the sake of politeness and decorum; euphemize: Don't mince words: say what you mean.

v.intr.

1. To walk with very short steps or with exaggerated primness

prim 1 (prm)

adj. prim·mer, prim·mest

a. Precise or proper to the point of affectation; excessively decorous.

decorous

Characterized by or exhibiting decorum; proper: decorous behavior.

[From Latin decrus, becoming, handsome, from decor, seemliness, beauty; see dek- in Indo-European roots.]

Edited by whiterussian