PM Abhisit To Red-Shirts: Leave Today

webfact

Abhisit has legal tools in his hands. but he does not posses the absolute authority to dictate the reds. It will become more of an argument when four of the five offers are flawed. Would he use force against people when his porposeal fails? Block supplies and cut utilities is human rights abuse, using force and shoot them down is brutal, and there will be a civil war. In long term the reds will be eternal enemy to the Dem. Let the reds have their few days till May 15, and save lives is a better choice. Negotiate more.... Consult the ten Raja-Dharma, or face the consequence creating Kaliyuga!

there will be NO CIVIL WAR. First and foremost, most of the Thais wouldn't like to miss their favorite Soaps on TV. Second, it's a clandestine fight which will emerge in any circumstances. Third, do the residents, workers, business people have rights too? - as far as I know they pay taxes and duties.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abhisit has legal tools in his hands. but he does not posses the absolute authority to dictate the reds. It will become more of an argument when four of the five offers are flawed. Would he use force against people when his porposeal fails? Block supplies and cut utilities is human rights abuse, using force and shoot them down is brutal, and there will be a civil war. In long term the reds will be eternal enemy to the Dem. Let the reds have their few days till May 15, and save lives is a better choice. Negotiate more.... Consult the ten Raja-Dharma, or face the consequence creating Kaliyuga!

Unfortunately, the reds will not negotiate, the government has made several offers to them, which the reds have refused, the reds have made many promises, ALL of which they have failed to keep, the reds have proven themselves to be very violent. the time for the softly softly approach is, unfortunately over.

FF

Cutting supplies is not human rights abuse '

Where does it say that having electricity is a fundamental human right? Force may be required, the reds have had months to end this peacefully. Initially they agreed to the roadmap, but they keep adding new conditions so they can stay protesting. If you believe that the leaders will keep their May 15 promise to surrender then you're fooling yourself, they've got no credibility left. Negotiating any more with these people is useless they never live up to their end of it.

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the current conflict. A farang red-shirt supporting friend of mine keeps banging on about the significance of the army chief being replaced in Spetember as the reason that Abhisit wants to delay elections until later this year. He says this in response to my assertion that the red shirts are being unreasonable in not agreeing to elections later this year, and that, for whatever reason, they seem to want to continue the rally without compromise. How significant is this army appointment? Is this why Abhisit is delaying elections or is it irrelevant? My friend says that whoever places their man in the army will control things.

If someone could help me win an argument/discussion, I'd appreciate it. The papers have mentioned this, but don't seem to be talking about it much.

Cheers

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the current conflict. A farang red-shirt supporting friend of mine keeps banging on about the significance of the army chief being replaced in Spetember as the reason that Abhisit wants to delay elections until later this year. He says this in response to my assertion that the red shirts are being unreasonable in not agreeing to elections later this year, and that, for whatever reason, they seem to want to continue the rally without compromise. How significant is this army appointment? Is this why Abhisit is delaying elections or is it irrelevant? My friend says that whoever places their man in the army will control things.

If someone could help me win an argument/discussion, I'd appreciate it. The papers have mentioned this, but don't seem to be talking about it much.

Cheers

The reds claim it is significant, but recent events give the lie to the idea that either Abhisit is the Army's puppet or that (the alternative red narrative when the first one is shown false), the yellow shirts have 'their man' (Anupong) as head of the army.

Anupong has been the biggest stumbling block for Abhisit in this whole conflict. Abhisit would have cracked down on the reds a long time ago, but the Army refuse to go along with it. Abhisit tried to force their hand by putting Anupong in charge of CRES, but Anupong undermined him by saying there had to be a political solution.

The army reshuffle under a Democrat-led coalition is likely to replace Anupong with his deputy (forgotten his name), who is no more likely to do Abhisit's bidding than Anupong is. The truth is that Abhisit does not have great relations with the military, and both Anupong and his deputy are doves rather than bears. Witness Anupong's response to Seh Daeng calling him a 'homosexual' - turned the other cheek and put him in charge of a dancing class (wit rather than brawn).

The upshot to your friends is that yes, the Reds will cry the democrats and army are one and the same - the truth is the reds want to put their own people in positions of power and that includes the army. As always, they want to replace moderates with extremists.

I don't know if this will help you 'win' your argument, but its the way it is as far as I understand it. No doubt others will have a different take.

Hey guys,

Cheers

The reds claim it is significant, but recent events give the lie to the idea that either Abhisit is the Army's puppet or that (the alternative red narrative when the first one is shown false), the yellow shirts have 'their man' (Anupong) as head of the army.

Anupong has been the biggest stumbling block for Abhisit in this whole conflict. Abhisit would have cracked down on the reds a long time ago, but the Army refuse to go along with it. Abhisit tried to force their hand by putting Anupong in charge of CRES, but Anupong undermined him by saying there had to be a political solution.

The army reshuffle under a Democrat-led coalition is likely to replace Anupong with his deputy (forgotten his name), who is no more likely to do Abhisit's bidding than Anupong is. The truth is that Abhisit does not have great relations with the military, and both Anupong and his deputy are doves rather than bears. Witness Anupong's response to Seh Daeng calling him a 'homosexual' - turned the other cheek and put him in charge of a dancing class (wit rather than brawn).

The upshot to your friends is that yes, the Reds will cry the democrats and army are one and the same - the truth is the reds want to put their own people in positions of power and that includes the army. As always, they want to replace moderates with extremists.

I don't know if this will help you 'win' your argument, but its the way it is as far as I understand it. No doubt others will have a different take.

Thanks... Another question though - let's say the Democrats are in control come Sept - do they simply chose their man and he gets installed, or is the process more complicated? Why wouldn't Abhisit chose someone very close to him who can act on his decisions?

Cheers

Just back from sending some supplies to the poor soldiers outside.

Doesn't anyone feel for the boys in uniforms who have to stand fully cladded on direct sunlight all day and in the middle of mosquitos all night because some nitwit wants his stolen money back and is willing to take country down in order to get it?

If you see soldiers outside, stop by 7 eleven and get them something. It's surely not fun standing there all day on 1 bottle of water and 3 meals consisting of 95% boiled cold rice per day.

My wife and I did just that this past Sunday at a BTS station. We counted ten soldiers between the station and 7-11, so we bought ten bottles of cold water, ten sweet buns and ten packets of chewing gum (reasoning that chewing gum might help with the boredom!). They really didn't look like they were having much fun, standing around in fatigues, helmets and body armour in the sweltering heat. As we gave each of them the snacks and water and told them "thank you", I have never seen warmer wais and smiles, and even one difficult attempt at saying "thank you" to me in his best English. They were just conscripted boys, doing their duty, bored, but probably at the same time stressed by hearing screaming reds calling the soldiers "murderers" and worried about what might happen next. I'm certain they would have much preferred being back home.

Regardless of your politics, know that if you would like to do the same, you'll make someone very happy.

Hey guys,

Cheers

You are actually completely wrong.

The Deputy, whose name I also cannot remember, is the guy who will become the new commander in September. This is the guy the reds abhor. This is the guy who right now would be happy to go in guns blazing.

Anupong is seen as being sympathetic to the reds. So if the Govt remains in power and allows the Deputy ( who is on the elitist side ) to take command, basically the red shirts are screwed

Hey guys,

Cheers

The Deputy, whose name I also cannot remember, is the guy who will become the new commander in September. This is the guy the reds abhor. This is the guy who right now would be happy to go in guns blazing.

Anupong is seen as being sympathetic to the reds. So if the Govt remains in power and allows the Deputy ( who is on the elitist side ) to take command, basically the red shirts are screwed

So if there are elections and someone favourable to the reds is elected, can they stop this man (whose name no-one remembers) getting into power?

Hey guys,

Cheers

So if there are elections and someone favourable to the reds is elected, can they stop this man (whose name no-one remembers) getting into power?

His name is General Prayuth - I remember because I heard that he had tried to initiate a greater military role earlier in this. From what I know about him I like him, and I have heard that he is not at all sympathetic to the redshirts.

Cut what? they have all they need for stay month.
I suppose the fuel truck is parked nearby, or does the generator run on solar power?

A few high powered rounds in that generator and it's a two ton paperweight.

Most of the leadership will have taken off for parts unknown long before any violence starts.

I bet the designated travel agent for the Red leaders is making a lot of commissions lately.

......and they will go for a looting.

Interesting point - hadn't thought of that 'til you mentioned it. Makes sense. Why not take advantage of the mayhem of the inevitable crackdown - and go apeshit in the dept stores. Happens in US cities every time there's a riot or a massive power outage.

I was downtown Wash D.C. the day ML King died. There was smoke coming out of stores, and people with baseball bats guarding others carrying as many big boxes out of shops as they could carry. Not a cop in sight.

post-10297-1273670457_thumb.jpg

Imho too late by then due to the threat of coup no xx; There is a window of opportunity perhaps with Anupong not wanting to do anything to cloud his retirement. :)

Hey guys,

Cheers

All you have to do is go back to when Thaksin was in charge. All his family and ex class colleagues were unfairly promoted to all key positions in the Army/ Police etc.

All you have to do is go back to when Thaksin was in charge. All his family and ex class colleagues were unfairly promoted to all key positions in the Army/ Police etc.

The above sentence is correct except for the word 'all',

"..... all key positions in the Army/Police etc." Though he worked diligently to fill the top ranks of police and military with his 'yes men and women' he didn't quite get each and every position filled accordingly. Given a bit more time, he probably would have, and then would have been 'dictator for life' like Marcos, or Sukarno or other SE Asian despots he emulated. Indeed, there was a very large color poster on Chiang Rai road which showed Thaksin dressed in royal robes. It was a formal portrait, 6 meters high, erected about a year before T's ouster. I wish I'd taken a photo of it. It looked almost exactly like the King's portrait you see everywhere, with the robes and auspicious items held in his hands - yet it had T's head. Scary.

The deputy to Anupong is General Prayuth Chanocha, and you're right, he is a military man, as opposed to wet pillow Anupong.

Hey guys,

Cheers

It's important because of the army's history of overthrowing the government whenever it feels like it. Thus both sides are eager to name the new military chief so that a friendly general is in charge. A pro red general would be bad news for the democrats because we all know more protests will occur after the next election.

Hey guys,

Cheers

That's what the English-speaking media say, but its not what my Thai friends say. The general in question is Prayuth Chanucha and his wife is a Chula lecturer. They are moderates and royalists, but not hawkish, just like Anupong. They share the same views and approach, and Prayuth is not likely to take any different stance than Anupong on key matters, or so my sources tell me (I'm not insisting this view is correct, but I've been told it by Thais who are well informed).

They're not gonna go anywhere...

Of course they aren't. They've protested so long they've lost the elections they won. Water and electricity won't be shut off and I have my doubts whether the police and army can actually be coaxed into boxing the reds in, so far they have failed to take a stand for the government and see it through. As usual it's just more tough talk, we always find the action doesn't follow it. The reds could have walked away with a victory a week ago, now I'm not sure what they are really trying to achieve. With the schools opening next week I think the PM is under more pressure to wrap things up, so many people are fed up with this nonsense. They should have stopped the reds coming and going weeks ago, but they haven't so far.

Hey guys,

Cheers

That's what the English-speaking media say, but its not what my Thai friends say. The general in question is Prayuth Chanucha and his wife is a Chula lecturer. They are moderates and royalists, but not hawkish, just like Anupong. They share the same views and approach, and Prayuth is not likely to take any different stance than Anupong on key matters, or so my sources tell me (I'm not insisting this view is correct, but I've been told it by Thais who are well informed).

Well I didnt get the info from the press.

A very good friend of mine is a high ranking cop..... only problem is he is as red as red can be :)

He said that the reds are petrified that Prayuth (I couldnt remember his name) gets made, and they know that if things stay as they are, then he most certainly will get the promotion in September.

The above sentence is correct except for the word 'all',

"..... all key positions in the Army/Police etc." Though he worked diligently to fill the top ranks of police and military with his 'yes men and women' he didn't quite get each and every position filled accordingly. Given a bit more time, he probably would have, and then would have been 'dictator for life' like Marcos, or Sukarno or other SE Asian despots he emulated. Indeed, there was a very large color poster on Chiang Rai road which showed Thaksin dressed in royal robes. It was a formal portrait, 6 meters high, erected about a year before T's ouster. I wish I'd taken a photo of it. It looked almost exactly like the King's portrait you see everywhere, with the robes and auspicious items held in his hands - yet it had T's head. Scary.

The deputy to Anupong is General Prayuth Chanocha, and you're right, he is a military man, as opposed to wet pillow Anupong.

brahmburgers, is this the one? See, the Emperor has clothes.

According to Jatuporn (tulsathit on twitter, 21.15): "death is not as important as our human dignity" . Having big problems to figure out his human dignity!!

How do you know if someone is a sociopath?

Manipulative and Conning

Grandiose Sense of Self

Pathological Lying

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt

Callousness/Lack of Empathy

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility

Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them

Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them

Authoritarian

Secretive

Paranoid

Has an emotional need to justify their crimes and therefore needs their victim's affirmation (respect, gratitude and love)

Ultimate goal is the creation of a willing victim

Unable to feel remorse or guilt

Narcissism, grandiosity (self-importance not based on achievements)

Just wait and see, those innocent people residing in this area will go on a rampage as well, if the government really is serious about pulling out that act. Then they have another group of protesters against them

THE NATION: 2. Reds being badly split rumours are getting louder. Veera has disappeared for 4 days now.

Theories:

1. He's got a cold

2. He's in hiding from Seh Daeng

3. He's in Chula hospital with Swine flu (almost too apt to be true)

4. He's at 11th Army regiment HQ doing a back-door deal for himself and the other red swill, probably at the expense of Seh Daeng and his ronin's, meaning he'll be doing No.2 pretty much indefinitely.

5. He's gone to meet Thaksin at the airport. (Show planned for midnight tonight but now cancelled due to gov't realising beforehand their inability to carry out the threat and thus depriving reds of making the gov't look daft on time. Abhisit's master plan of making themselves look stupid early has reportedly confused the red leadership...).

Any other possibilities?

Just wait and see, those innocent people residing in this area will go on a rampage as well, if the government really is serious about pulling out that act. Then they have another group of protesters against them

Have you actually been to Rajaprasong, or even Thailand?

THE NATION: 2. Reds being badly split rumours are getting louder. Veera has disappeared for 4 days now.

Theories:

1. He's got a cold

2. He's in hiding from Seh Daeng

3. He's in Chula hospital with Swine flu (almost too apt to be true)

4. He's at 11th Army regiment HQ doing a back-door deal for himself and the other red swill, probably at the expense of Seh Daeng and his ronin's, meaning he'll be doing No.2 pretty much indefinitely.

5. He's gone to meet Thaksin at the airport. (Show planned for midnight tonight but now cancelled due to gov't realising beforehand their inability to carry out the threat and thus depriving reds of making the gov't look daft on time. Abhisit's master plan of making themselves look stupid early has reportedly confused the red leadership...).

Any other possibilities?

6. He wanted to make sure he gets the top bunk and a weeeeIP prison cell so he turned himself in early.