Semi-diy Electric Conversion For Push-bike

Lelipad

Hello,

Yes I know I'm talking about pedal power push-bikes, but I know those there understand nuts & machine screws in relation to two wheeled machines so I hope to pick your brains - or a mod can move this to a better forum (DIY).

I have looked at various threads on here talking about companies selling electric bikes, either made in China or converted bikes (look like they are from Tesco) sold by a Bangkok company (LA?).

I am considering either getting by racing bike (my legs no longer race) converted or getting a replacement bike and a kit fitted to it by the local motorbike repair shop. Link for conversion kit - 5,500 Baht

I know that the better option will be to have as larger (capacity) battery as I can fit on the bike and it's a weight-distance trade off. (this is 10kg for claimed 20?Km)

I will be expecting to travel up to 15Km - maybe.

Anyone used such a kit as this?

Any thoughts on the kit mentioned above compared to an imported version like this?

Thanks for your ideas and links.

hi,

a few years ago i knew this one guy who did what you want to do...

He took his bike to the local motorbike shop to modify it...

As far as i know he never had any problems with it... He went even as far as china on a bike vacation. His thai gf had her bike modified too.

Since i really did not know him i will try to get a hold of a guy who used to work with him to get more information...