Parts And Tuning Shops In Bkk

Hi there,

I'm going to visit Bangkok soon and would like to visit some motorcycle part shops there. I'm especially looking for parts like brake and clutch master cilinders, rearsets (shift and brake sets) and other kinds of optical styling. (headlights, mirrors) And it don't need to be original (expensive) parts... :)

Does anyone know some adresses I can visit? Or is there maybe a thread here I missed? :D

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Matthijs (The Netherlands)

Most motorcycle parts are likely more expensive in Thailand than they are in the Netherlands. Thailand is a good for sourcing, 100 to 200cc motorcycle parts.

But than it's likely that you are not sourcing for 100 to 200cc motorcycle parts, as this engine sized motorcycles are, with a few exceptions, not available in the Netherlands. If you look for parts of motorcycles with a engine size of 600cc or more you will find that most parts you can buy here are more expensive then back home.

Even YSS suspension products are more expensive in Thailand than in Holland, and YSS is made in Thailand. Most big bike engine parts, with exception of a few Kawasaki models, are imported from outside Thailand. And the import duties in Thailand can be as high as 178%, so some parts are more than twice the price you would pay in the Netherlands.

Maybe you can bring some engine parts from Holland to here... That would be a great idea

Right.... yeah it's for big bikes! I've got a gpz900r (kawa) wich I'm modifing quite drasticly :)

Hoped these parts were cheaper in thailand, cause I saw some 'freebay' sellers who operate from thailand.

here's my bike as it is right now, paint will be quite different though!

dsc01320__1280x768__316.jpg

Specific parts for your Kawasaki GPZ900R will be difficult, the bike was not made in Thailand and was never officially distributed in Thailand so parts are rare – very rare. For general parts, like sliders and some other low-tech parts... Thailand is an excellent place to buy them.

Something what is actually cheaper in Thailand are raw materials, like carbon-fiber fabric and composite materials. You could experiment with fairing parts for a long time and still be cheaper than back home.

Edited by Richard-BKK

Gotta agree with Richard. other than the smaller stuff that they make for scooters its more expensive here. BUT fabricating can be loads cheaper than europe.

If you have an idea what you want then you could get some stuff made here. Example i'm just getting a larger Radiator made for my bike and its gonna cost 3500b finished. compared to 468euro's for the new Suzuki one.

Specific parts for your Kawasaki GPZ900R will be difficult, the bike was not made in Thailand and was never officially distributed in Thailand so parts are rare – very rare. For general parts, like sliders and some other low-tech parts... Thailand is an excellent place to buy them.

Something what is actually cheaper in Thailand are raw materials, like carbon-fiber fabric and composite materials. You could experiment with fairing parts for a long time and still be cheaper than back home.

Sliders and other small stuff to finish the bike is also what I'm looking for! And don't want 'bike-specific' parts, but more the parts (or look-a-likes) from newer bikes.

If you (or other people) got some good and cheap adresses for these small parts..... Thanks!

Matthijs

I believe we can make the list much longer, but the question is 'are any of this shops cheaper than in the Netherlands?'. Most stuff is 50 to almost 200 percent more expensive in Thailand.

All depends what he's looking for really- if he wants some custom one-of-a-kind parts made for his bike then it will certainly be a lot cheaper to have them made here in Thailand than back in Europe.

To the OP- if you need any custom composite work done I'll be happy to refer you to a shop that does excellent work and very competitive prices.

Happy Trails!

Tony

I just find that in the Netherlands the Kawasaki's cost really nothing http://www.kawasaki.nl/product.asp?Id=340D137122D (Kawasaki ZX-6R Performance Edition for 1036 Euro)

This must be a typo

But than probably somebody was drunk when posting them http://www.kawasaki.nl/product.asp?Id=340D1A49FF9 (Kawasaki Z750 Urban Sport Edition for 1159 Euro)

Edited by Richard-BKK

I believe we can make the list much longer, but the question is 'are any of this shops cheaper than in the Netherlands?'. Most stuff is 50 to almost 200 percent more expensive in Thailand.

All depends what he's looking for really- if he wants some custom one-of-a-kind parts made for his bike then it will certainly be a lot cheaper to have them made here in Thailand than back in Europe.

To the OP- if you need any custom composite work done I'll be happy to refer you to a shop that does excellent work and very competitive prices.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thanks for the offer Tony, what do you mean by composite? Custom fairings or? I'm in thailand for the holidays so can't bring back really big things... could ship them ofcourse :D So the adress is much appreciated!

Also looking for the small optical things like crash pads, brake/clutch levers, fluid reservoirs....

I just find that in the Netherlands the Kawasaki's cost really nothing (Kawasaki ZX-6R Performance Edition for 1036 Euro)

This must be a typo

But than probably somebody was drunk when posting them (Kawasaki Z750 Urban Sport Edition for 1159 Euro)

Richard,

This is the price for a performance kit. An acra exhaust, bugspoiler (under fairing), windshield, tank pad and rimstriping. :)

Edited by Fighterthijs