Phuket Gas Station

mikeinthai

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where the cheapest places to fill up are? Does it not make much of a difference from one to the other or are there specific gas stations which tend to be cheaper than others? I am particularly curious around the surin area but also anywhere near heroine's monument.

many thanks,

mike.

I would agree that the prices are all much the same at all the major gas stations. Used to be an Esso station in Phuket Town that sold slightly cheaper, I used to go there, then it was closed down by the authorities for meter reading irregularities. They had adjusted the pumps to delivery less than was actually indicated. Buyer beware ...

They are all exactly the same price.

The only difference is the freebies. Some give a free gift, usually a bottle of water, if you spend over a certain amount.

Some clean your windscreen.

You never get anything free at PTT stations. And that seems to be the case everywhere in the country.

funny you should mention pump irregularities living in Kata, my mate has moved up north and fuel is the same price up there but it now costs him 20thb less to fill up his bike than it did in Phuket.

Probably an island wide scam as he filled up all over the island not at one gas station.

I think he'd better recheck.

The only possible conclusion from him could be: all gasstations on Phuket are rigged to give less than the indicated amount of gasoline.

And I'm sorry, but I don't believe that.

The only possible conclusion from him could be: all gasstations on Phuket are rigged to give less than the indicated amount of gasoline.

I also don't believe that. Thailand does have some sort of weights & measures department and they do go round checking petrol pumps delivery volume. That's how that Esso place was found out .....

I also don't believe that. Thailand does have some sort of weights & measures department and they do go round checking petrol pumps delivery volume. That's how that Esso place was found out .....

seconded

I always need 66 liters to cover 600km. any place in the country