Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

Had a phone call today with a doctor friend in hongkong inquiring if this mayhem puts me in danger as she read about it in one of the latest asian news articles in a news paper ( small print) I asked what the hongkong people think about whats going on in bkk at the moment,

Her answer was, Oh thailand does,nt really make the news much here in hk now and the people arn,t interested, Thailand for the hk people is nothing more than a place for a cheap weeks holiday to buy tshirts you can only wear one time and many of my patients come back from there with std.

Meaning??? Your friend has STD???

No she,s a doctor (GP) and many of her patients come to her with std, She remarks that many of the patients with std have recently made holidays in thailand,

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good - finally someone who has the FACTS and not post just mere speculation.

Can you please name the source for this- "mostly young males being wounded"? What is their total number? They attacked the army lines with what kind of weapons?

And what about the dead ones? 22 was the last number i heard, all civilians. mostly young males as well?

And the others, outside this 'mostly' group, what kind of people, what age group?

And also good to hear that the army will not fire at women and children. That will set some minds at rest. A couple of posters were really worried about them. All-clear now.

Please keep us updated.

Another child injured.

ThaivisaNews: Update: Police apartment at Lumpini, injuried have been taken to Bumrungrad Hospital. Five people including 1 child.

THE NATION: Pls note that the M79 that hit Lumpini Police Station just happened like half an hour ago.

The "peaceful" reds are targetting civilians now.

It's been nearly 24 hours since the lad was shot. Like many others, I too am sad to hear about this tragic event. We may have our own opinion as to the cause, but an interesting fact does remain, not a single leader from the red shirts has made any statement about this. Could it be:

1. They are truly a heartless organization that cares about nothing except their own selfish goals? They attempted to make martyrs out of a few reds killed by exploiting them on the streets of Bangkok. Why no regret for this loss. Maybe the kid wasn't a red shirt sympathizer?

2. They know it was their fault. If it hadn't been for one of their very own drunken madmen behind a wheel, refusing to obey laws, the child would not have been shot. As usual, they will never admit any wrong doing. At least they haven't up to this point.

3. Another child was injured by an M79. Is this their real goal? To use kids as fodder? Forget the women, they are adults. They have been exploiting children as human shields and are they now discussing how to turn this tragic death and injury of a child to somehow gain international sympathy?

4. They are too busy singing and dancing with rejoice over this as they have done in the past?

Regardless, most ppl here have expressed their own condolences to the child and his family. Even the PM this evening expressed his regrets about ALL lives that have been lost. Nary a word from the red side.

This photo?

post-64377-1273939450_thumb.jpg

It was accompanied by this description:- Anti-government 'red shirt' supporters assist an injured foreign journalist to safety after he was shot while covering clashes with army soldiers near Bangkok's Lumpini Park on May 14, 2010.

I can't post the picture from this post however it is very suspect regarding its content.

Had a phone call today with a doctor friend in hongkong inquiring if this mayhem puts me in danger as she read about it in one of the latest asian news articles in a news paper ( small print) I asked what the hongkong people think about whats going on in bkk at the moment,

Her answer was, Oh thailand does,nt really make the news much here in hk now and the people arn,t interested, Thailand for the hk people is nothing more than a place for a cheap weeks holiday to buy tshirts you can only wear one time and many of my patients come back from there with std.

No she,s a doctor (GP) and many of her patients come to her with std, She remarks that many of the patients with std have recently made holidays in thailand,

I believe there is no forum about prostitution or STD here on TV, so what was your point???

we are trying to be informed about the current event, not about your friends STD clients in Hongkong.

http://drruth.com might be better or http://ihavenothingtosay.com

He also mentioned that police would take over security in some sois within closed zone from soldiers.

Hmm...sure that will make the army lads up front full of confidence about whose got their backs. :)

Police intends to bring security to residents in the cordonned off zone. The army guys are not experienced in policing and might face more resistance than police.

I'm a bit concerned about the foreign reporter being shot by the army after he clearly called for help and they knew he was a foreign reporter...

Please post a source for the claim that the army kept shooting him after knowing that he was a foreign reporter, as oppose to 'blackshirt' in sunglasses up to no good, that he looked like.

So there is nothing wrong when the army kept shooting at people who are wounded on the ground as long they are wearing are black shirt and sunglasses, looking up to no good with calls for help?

Please inform us how to differentiate between a person in black, possibly carrying arms, that is crawling behind cover towards the army and a person in black, possibly armed, that is hiding or crawling behind the cover after being hit by a bullet. Infact, seeing the film, I would guess he got hit by 3 rubber bullets or has minor through-and-through wounds, atleast the initial hits, due to the way he moves. But we can only speculate.

Here is a tip: get your behind down to the barricades and try to ID who is doing what at 100-200m distance. Easy, isn't it?

Fire only if you can place a clear shot at an armed terrorist and when it is clear that your shot will not hit any innocent bystander. Don't fire at random just on suspicion into an area because a wearer of a black shirt who looked like up to no good was seen nearby somewhere there.

Isn't that the international standard?

Fire only if you can place a clear shot at an armed terrorist and when it is clear that your shot will not hit any innocent bystander. Don't fire at random just on suspicion into an area because a wearer of a black shirt who looked like up to no good was seen nearby somewhere there.

That's how the army started on April 10.

They found out that the reds didn't play by the rules.

Now the army are not always taking chances.

I believe there is no forum about prostitution or STD here on TV, so what was your point???

we are trying to be informed about the current event, not about your friends STD clients in Hongkong.

http://drruth.com might be better or http://ihavenothingtosay.com

Point being was she claims thailand is not a key player in asia .. the trouble here does,nt interest the hk citizens and does,nt often make the news!

We have to feel sorrow for our country's soldiers who have been ordered by our government to kill their friends and neighbors and fellow Thais.

When this bloodbath is over these soldiers will have to return to their homes and try to reconcile with the families of these friends and neighbors who they were forced to kill.

...and what guidance have you issued to the armed red rioters?

Point being was she claims thailand is not a key player in asia .. the trouble here does,nt interest the hk citizens and does,nt often make the news!

to be honest with you I dont give a flying Duck if your Clap Dr Friend watches the news or not.

So can you supply me with more bullits, I will run out soon!!

Second paramedic shot today.

From what I can gather the reds shot a female paramedic and they wonder why no medical staff are in sight? What about Weng? Isn't that his duty?

Isn't there an international standard against shooting medics and rampaging through hospitals?

The Nation: Gun fire heard from #redshirt group &there's no medics staff in sight. A report said a female paramedic got shot. TR
Edited by frodo

We have to feel sorrow for our country's soldiers who have been ordered by our government to kill their friends and neighbors and fellow Thais.

When this bloodbath is over these soldiers will have to return to their homes and try to reconcile with the families of these friends and neighbors who they were forced to kill.

And did their families and friend before realized that shooting at relatives and friends who are in the army is not a nice thing to do.

Bad hello kitty!!!

I don't believe such an international standard exists. Where do you think it exists? Thanks for your opinion of what one should be.

The real guidance is to conform to the rules of engagement for the incident. The rules are different and developed for every incident.

My red friends in my village apologized for the assault in Chula-Hospital. (I'm their grassroots-doctor). Not every poor in Thailand has been brain-misused.

And did their families and friend before realized that shooting at relatives and friends who are in the army is not a nice thing to do.

Bad hello kitty!!!

I'm sure you'll back safe at home in your homeland when your visa expires. The soldiers her don't have the luxury to run away that you do.

From what I can gather the reds shot a female paramedic and they wonder why no medical staff are in sight? What about Weng? Isn't that his duty?

Isn't there an international standard against shooting medics and rampaging through hospitals?

Yes, Geneva Convention - war crimes.

I don't care if the leader is a 3 legged monster. As long as he can do whatever it takes to bring this country closer to reconciliation then he will have my support.

Abhisit has been harping on about reconciliation but the country has only divided under his leadership. He should never have been PM.

The reds don't want reconciliation. They want to be in power. They only want one thing. That's why they don't want to negotiate.

To me it looks like that Abhisit tries everything to cling in power and prefers violence and killing of civilians over elections.

Abhisit, appointed by the 'clear' majority of 235 PM to his position as PM, divided the country more than anybody else.

It looks to me like the reds don't care how many people die, just so they can force the elected government to step down.

Finally, you understand that Abhisit was elected by a majority of MPs.

In the December 2550 election PPP won 233 seats. If someone at TVF argue PPP had won the election, he will get immediately a heavy response and counter claims by a truckload of Thaksin haters explaining him that the PPP was far from winning and very far from getting any majority.

If PM Abhisit is appointed by 235 MP ( just two more than the initial PPP results) the same truckload of members argue he has a the clear majority of the votes and is of course entitled to send the army out to kill his opposition, the insurgents and terrorists, all is justified.

I never doubt that Abhisit has the majority, technically he has, but a PM, a country's leader needs more qualities than just a small small majority of MPs vote for him. He is not the man that can pacify the divided country. This government is a failure, they divided the country even more and do horrible damage that will need more than a generation to heal. Abhisit has become an ugly dictator.

I don't believe such an international standard exists. Where do you think it exists? Thanks for your opinion of what one should be.

The real guidance is to conform to the rules of engagement for the incident. The rules are different and developed for every incident.

Khun James is only against the government while they try and protect the general public against a group of armed thugs.

As far as he is concerned, the armed thugs can do what ever they like.

Our country? Our government?

Are you Thai? Seem to have this distinct memory of you recently reminding others that they were mere guests here? No?

Regarding the rest of your comments, the Thai government has not ordered Thai people killed, it has ordered soldiers to use whatever means it has to, to protect the King and his nation of peaceful citizens from a small group of violent insurgents that are being employed by a convicted criminal who remains h3ll bent on revenge, power and money.

Abhisit has become an ugly dictator.

Abhisit may be many things, but he is not ugly. His current tougher stand is actually finding lots of support. You can't let a small group of violent armed thugs dictate to the entire country.

The reds don't want reconciliation. They want to be in power. They only want one thing. That's why they don't want to negotiate.

To me it looks like that Abhisit tries everything to cling in power and prefers violence and killing of civilians over elections.

Abhisit, appointed by the 'clear' majority of 235 PM to his position as PM, divided the country more than anybody else.

It looks to me like the reds don't care how many people die, just so they can force the elected government to step down.

In the December 2550 election PPP won 233 seats. If someone at TVF argue PPP had won the election, he will get immediately a heavy response and counter claims by a truckload of Thaksin haters explaining him that the PPP was far from winning and very far from getting any majority.

If PM Abhisit is appointed by 235 MP ( just two more than the initial PPP results) the same truckload of members argue he has a the clear majority of the votes and is of course entitled to send the army out to kill his opposition, the insurgents and terrorists, all is justified.

I never doubt that Abhisit has the majority, technically he has, but a PM, a country's leader needs more qualities than just a small small majority of MPs vote for him. He is not the man that can pacify the divided country. This government is a failure, they divided the country even more and do horrible damage that will need more than a generation to heal. Abhisit has become an ugly dictator.

Which PM in the last 5 years pacified the country?

Thaksin was the one that divided it with his corruption, power trips and attempts at becoming a dictator (he missed out on controlling the army, but controlled everything else).

Abhisit is trying to mend the divide. Thaksin is doing all he can to stop him.

Edited by whybother

Yes, Geneva Convention - war crimes.

I had thought the same thing. Do you know if this includes events such as the Chula incident and the shooting of two paramedics today killing 1 and injuring 1. If it does, it will be interesting to see if any action is eventually taken against the leaders for this.

So who should replace him? Thaksin maybe?

Hmmm... Abhisit needs to go now. It will put him in a better position for the international war crimes tribunal that awaits him. He’s responsible for murdering his fellow citizens - 51 now I think. The other night it was “The army only fires on protestors who pose an imminent threat”. But now we've seen army snipers shooting paramedics, children, and news reporters crawling for cover. I'm going to take Abhisit to court myself when this is over; bring him and his old-school, elite cronies up to international standards. He also said tonight on the snooze that if he allows the Reds to win, it will set a precedent for further street violence and destabilization of future governments. Will it Khun Mark? The very fact that the Red Army (who will win this struggle) would and could never even be threatened by a Yellow nancy grandma and grandpa collective has never crossed his mind. Abhisit doesn’t stand a chance… Go now you small man...

Do you know where the car came from?

What would you do if you have your family in the car suddenly came into the middle of a shooting scene? Stop and holding up your drivers license or trying to flee and get out as fast as possible?

So far we don't know exactly what happen, there are also reports that the wounded kid was a bystander. The peace mission of Abhisit soldiers turned a civilian area into a war zone.

Some farangs here at TVF are truly pathetic. I hope they are not teachers and i wish that karma exist and is coming back at them.

There is no excuse that the army fired live rounds at anyone and bring the life of innocent at risk.

Substitute police for army Thaksin for Abhisit and you have a mirror image concerning a young child murdered by Thaksins thugs in the war on drugs otherwise known as how to eliminate the opposition drug dealers.

Tell that the people who see no problem with the action of the trigger happy security forces and that PM Abhisit has ordered to do so.