Help Required!

I have recently bought a Honda XR250, which I am dismantling for the purposes of both improving it and learning how they are put together. One area that definitely needs an overhaul is the wiring, as I want to add indicators, a rear light and a horn and the present wiring looks pretty patchy.

However...I have never done such a thing before and am not entirely confident.

I realise this is a very long shot, but if there is anyone living in Chiang Mai with an understanding of electrics and wiring and with some spare time on their hands, I would really appreciate some help and guidance. In return, I can provide food, cold beers and a nice environment. I would also be willing to pay a little for the experience if necessary.

I know it's unlikely but if you don't ask...

Tom

Depends on which way you are going.. Lets say you are at Tapae Gate.. Goingdown the EAST side of the moat that goes around the old city. You continue past all that red-lite stuff to the very end... veer right with traffic and now continue on the SOUTH side of the moat to when it ends into a right or left turning.. you go left away now from the moat and old city.

Continue on as if you were going to Airport Central Plaza... but long before Rimping market on the left side is Chiang Mai Bikers Shop.. A grey-haired Thai guy will be there.. He is the owner for well over a decade...has a new wife and a new baby.. He is the only guy I know you can actually TRUST in bikes here. If he cannot or will not do it all for you.. then he knows who and where.

Also there is a German guy names JOE who is in his late 40's who is also as good and also a honest.. He is over near MIKE's hamburger #1 .. call me if you need help..

Jack

Depends on which way you are going.. Lets say you are at Tapae Gate.. Goingdown the EAST side of the moat that goes around the old city. You continue past all that red-lite stuff to the very end... veer right with traffic and now continue on the SOUTH side of the moat to when it ends into a right or left turning.. you go left away now from the moat and old city.

Continue on as if you were going to Airport Central Plaza... but long before Rimping market on the left side is Chiang Mai Bikers Shop.. A grey-haired Thai guy will be there.. He is the owner for well over a decade...has a new wife and a new baby.. He is the only guy I know you can actually TRUST in bikes here. If he cannot or will not do it all for you.. then he knows who and where.

Also there is a German guy names JOE who is in his late 40's who is also as good and also a honest.. He is over near MIKE's hamburger #1 .. call me if you need help..

Jack

Your advice is much appreciated and for the future is great to know as I have been looking for a really good mechanic. However, the main reason I am doing this is to try and learn the stuff myself, so although I know I could take it to a bike shop to do it, I really want to do it myself (ideally with the help of someone that knows what they're doing).

But thanks anyway.

T