Here Is Why The Latest Violence In Thailand Will Never End.....

cognos

Violence begets more violence, like the proverbial dog chasing it's tail around and around.. faster.. faster.. FASTER and FASTER..

..as one leader is assasinated, or shot, another more virulent strain of the same "species", even more zealous than the last one pops up in its place, like the game "whack a mole".. or like the Taliban in Afganistan.

MESSAGE to Red and Yellow Thai folks who would espouse violence :

.."I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." :D Mahatma Gandhi

.."when I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been many tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they will always fall. Think of it -- always." :) Gandhi

.."What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?" Gandhi

.."Victory attained by violence is tantamount to defeat, for it is momentary." Gandhi

.."An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." Gandhi

.."The hatred you are carrying is a live coal in your heart - far more damaging to you than to them." Anon.

.."In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior." Sir Francis Bacon

.."always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." :D scar Wilde ( thrown in for "levity" )

Guess what Reds????.. you WANT to win??.. take Gandhi's approach of resistance without violence.. shut down the infrastructure of the country, take it on the chin if you have to, a few may die for the cause, but DON"T FIGHT back. That is how you can get the media of the world on your side, pressuring the Government to force an early election.

..conversely, if you INSIST on the violent way, do the Machiavellian approach ( NOT RECOMMENDED )

.."If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

Niccolo Machiavelli :D

hey, I tried..up 2 U