Best Way To Sell My New Car

Well, I'm seriously thinking of hanging it up due to the political situation here and moving back to America. Just for background, I am here on a retirement extension for a year now. This is not the Thailand I remember and loved. And there is such as thing as wanting a generally safe environment in which to live.

But, here's the question. Just two months ago we bought a new Toyota Camry 2.0G. So I need to sell it before moving back home. This is not an ad, but rather a question -- what is the best way of selling this essentially new car. To be honest, right after we bought it the political trouble began, so it has less than 1,000 km on it. I realize there will still be some depreciation...significant, I guess. But I don't even know how to go about selling a car here.

Thanks for any advice.

Stay safe.

Hi

A couple of months ago I sold a car for a friend returning to UK, I listed it on Thai Visa classifieds and another forum's classifieds; unsure which place the eventual buyer came from but he had several calls within 24hrs and sold within 3 days. Vehicle was in Phuket, had one serious offer from Chiang Mai but in the end sold locally.

Maybe optimistic in current circumstances however that's how it was; a captive (some should be caged) mainly foreign audience here, never know worth a try.

cheers

Hi

A couple of months ago I sold a car for a friend returning to UK, I listed it on Thai Visa classifieds and another forum's classifieds; unsure which place the eventual buyer came from but he had several calls within 24hrs and sold within 3 days. Vehicle was in Phuket, had one serious offer from Chiang Mai but in the end sold locally.

Maybe optimistic in current circumstances however that's how it was; a captive (some should be caged) mainly foreign audience here, never know worth a try.

cheers

No the problem is that the car is only 3 month old, so far i understand. Depend on price. But if it's to close to a new one, peaple gonna buy a new one directly. Of corse, give it a try.

If you still have family here you can rely on (in laws?) maybe think about renting it out for a while to offset depreciation. a twelve month rental would take the sting out of that loss and give you a little "off the books" revenue. :)

failing that, TV classifieds and bhatsold.com have always found me buyers.

If you still have family here you can rely on (in laws?) maybe think about renting it out for a while to offset depreciation. a twelve month rental would take the sting out of that loss and give you a little "off the books" revenue. :)

failing that, TV classifieds and bhatsold.com have always found me buyers.

Renting out (trough to the inlaws) means, it will be ending, that the car will be damaged, scratched soon and after one year of rental you have to spend a big part of the earned money to paint the car new. The interior will be filty and dirty, because some kit's have eaten in the car, maybe cigarette holes in the front seats, some chicken sauce under on the carped, you need a new set of tires., brake pads and some new shocks in the front (which is not under warranty( and the car will have 55'000 km on the ODO meter. So the saleprice will be dropped at least 30% to 40% as well and the inlaws will keep the rental income, with any excuses and stories, thet the brother had a "motosy" accident and the muther was sick and they needed a new waterpump (it's not the buffalo anymore, as they using eletric pumps now in Isaan), etc, etc. Stay away of it. If you really never come back, just sell it and take what you get for. Don't even think about renting out trought to the in laws!

Maybe i'm wrong, but this is my opinion.

At least a take over payments deal possibly? You will probably loose your down payment depending on how much, but minimize losses as much as possible as a car that new there is no way to avoid all losses...