What Time Does Walking Street Open To Traffic

mcyachty

G'day all,

Anyone know what time Walking Street opens to vehicular traffic?

I have a couple of mates arriving into Bangkok on the Emirates flight, which gets in at 1.30am. I reckon by the time they get out, and I drive back, I should need to get in at around 4am. The hotel access is fairly difficult to get to when the street is closed, hence my question.

Regards,

As far as I know after 3.00am (don't know officially). But till 5am traffic is very slow as "song tow" or "Baht Buses" craw down the street looking for passengers to pay top price.

Walking Street is closed to traffic between 7pm and 3am......officially. In reality, when the Tourist Police Mobile Unit leaves the street (around 2.30-2.40am), traffic is "allowed" through. Be careful if you park your bike or car on the street and don't move it before 7pm. Your bike will be seized and your car could be clamped = an expensive experience down at the Police Station.

Walking Street is closed to traffic between 7pm and 3am......officially. In reality, when the Tourist Police Mobile Unit leaves the street (around 2.30-2.40am), traffic is "allowed" through. Be careful if you park your bike or car on the street and don't move it before 7pm. Your bike will be seized and your car could be clamped = an expensive experience down at the Police Station.

And be sure to park on the correct side of the street, it's one of those odd / even days parking zones.

And be sure to park on the correct side of the street, it's one of those odd / even days parking zones.

Bloody good point. I parked my motorcyle outside the Kasikorn Bank the other week, and came out to find a parking ticket on the bike. I parked on the wrong day, and hence the ticket. Should have known that a parking spot in front of the bank was too good to be true.

I gave the ticket to the people I rent the bike from, and she said no problem, I will fix for you. I offered money and she said no. I am now happy to continue renting from them, and will gladly put business their way.

Sorry a bit off topic.

I parked on the wrong day, and hence the ticket. Should have known that a parking spot in front of the bank was too good to be true.

If you can't see which side of Walking Street to park on you shouldn't be out riding.

Bloody good point. I parked my motorcyle outside the Kasikorn Bank the other week, and came out to find a parking ticket on the bike. I parked on the wrong day, and hence the ticket. Should have known that a parking spot in front of the bank was too good to be true.

I gave the ticket to the people I rent the bike from, and she said no problem, I will fix for you. I offered money and she said no. I am now happy to continue renting from them, and will gladly put business their way.

Sorry a bit off topic.

I think it has nothing to do with the wrong day.As far as I know you are never allowed to park in front of a bank.