How To Get Food?

thom22

I'm on Rajprarop, my condo building has been locked up with exit only via car park. I am in my room with my girlfriend and we have a couple packets of noodles and some rice to last at least today, maybe tomorrow too. But if it continues does anyone know or have advice on what to do? The only thing i can think off apart from knocking on other rooms doors is to call someone (i don't know who) to get a food package to the buildings. I'm sure other residents here are in the same situation.

Sorry to hear your plight. Is the whole area in lock down? I've seen 7-11 stores on just about every street corner and they are always open. Are they all closed as well in your area? :)

if it is really impossible to go out to get some food, or have anyone deliver to you, my first option would be to ask neighbours. Im sure in such a situation people will be willing to help and will not find it to be strange.

all the best.

(reminds me of back in 1991 - people were stocking up on food in the days leading to the bloodshed. most were buying up boxes of Mama noodles and tinned tuna. I remember buying lots of bread and chocolates :) not in anyway making fun of the situation....but hopefully it might make you smile a little?)

I'm just curious. Why didn't you leave the area on Friday when the CRES announced for residents to get out of the area? Disbelief?

Meanwhile, my suggestion: As long as you have drinking water, you're OK to go without food for about 10 days, although you will be uncomfortable. Of course, this assumes you are in good health. If you're out of water, that's more problematic (3 day maximum). If out of water, bring tap water to a boil in order for it to be safe to drink. Meanwhile, I hope the other suggestions you get on this thread will work out. However, don't initially panic at the sight of a bare cupboard.

Sources:

Food: http://www.survivaltopics.com/survival/how...e-without-food/

Water: http://www.survivaltopics.com/survival/how...-to-boil-water/

I think delivery service are still available (not completely sure though)-you might want to try and call

1112-pizza company

1150-pizza hut/KFC

1171-Macdonalds (i think there is a minimum of things you have to buy before they offer delivery)

i dont know anyothers-maybe you can find some on the internet and check if any of them still offer delivery service. [hopefully you find something other than what i put cuz the ones i know are alll fast food/unhealthy food]

Thank you for replies and suggestions, hope everyone else is doing ok.

The reason i did not leave Friday is because i thought i would be just outside of it. From what i could tell the army blockade only came as far a Pratunam. I am just after Rang Nam. Can see it from my balcony and it looks empty, Tesco Lotus shut, can't see the 7/11 from here but i assume it is also. On friday night went to go get things from 7/11 opposite and there were fires in the middle of the road and it was closed anyway. Then yesterday things got really bad outside, i was about to leave because i could see cars on rang nam and ratchaprarop then 10 minutes later gunfire and explosions broke out. Cars scrambling away. I have very limited view as i am on the back of the building facing the park on rang nam. Saw soldiers coming up rang nam yesterday and security did not want us to even try to leave. Then last night building management locked all doors. Its really hard to tell when and if its safe becaause of my limited viewpoint and limited news coverage. This morning girlfriend got in the lift and a man over the speaker told her it was still shut up and not to go out. I can see the end of Ratchaprarop now and its full of smoke and firecrackers being launched. So thats to my left and i'm sure the army still to my right. so i guess am trapped.

If anyone on Ratchaprarop near rang nam and century hotel has a better view or knowledge of the situation please let me know. If there is a safe route to move out or get some supplies would be most grateful. I am getting more worried to even look down after my friend rang me last night and said her friends on rang nam were shot from balcony while smoking. Turns out this morning it was the ex-boy band singer and his friend.

I think delivery service are still available (not completely sure though)-you might want to try and call

1112-pizza company

1150-pizza hut/KFC

1171-Macdonalds (i think there is a minimum of things you have to buy before they offer delivery)

i dont know anyothers-maybe you can find some on the internet and check if any of them still offer delivery service. [hopefully you find something other than what i put cuz the ones i know are alll fast food/unhealthy food]

You seriously think these companies are going to send their delivery boys into a warzone to supply residents trapped behind the battle lines? Get real. :)

To the OP. You are truly in a difficult situation and your mistake is unfortunate. I just wonder how many hundreds (thousands?) of others might find themselves in a similar situation. Hope that hotline (earlier post) can respond to you soon. Can you call out (phone service still working)? If not, PM me with the details and I'll be happy to relay your message to the hotline.

Stay safe,

TT

Surely if the security are not comfortable with you leaving they should be able to give you some idea about what to do for food?

have you asked them?

There must be other residents in the same situation that have some pooled resources or at least some sort of plan to get food in?

sorry to hear your plight anyway, hope it turns out OK

Made a food run on rang nam. There was a small shop selling from the door. The army then came and told us to get inside and close shutters. Waited 15 mins then ran back. Having to climb in and out over back wall. The security have left, just a couple of management personnel around. To be honest i am not sure how to leave, fighting from ding deang up to victory and ding deang down ratchaprarop. Should be safe in room and not going to move about now as its getting dark. If anyone knows safe routes out would be grateful.

thom - hang in there. talk to people in your building, you might be surprised that some may have enough food stocked in their apartments and Im sure they will be willing to share.

in terms of safety, stay inside would probably be safest bet for now?

take care

thom22-

We're in the same situation, too! We live off of Rang Nam on Soi Si Ayutthaya 2. Down that soi with 7-11 on the corner near Rathaprarop. Ban Ajarn restaurant is right across the street! We only have enough food for another day or 2. We are a family of 3 here. Please stay in touch if you learn anything. I'll send you a message.

Thank you for replies and suggestions, hope everyone else is doing ok.

The reason i did not leave Friday is because i thought i would be just outside of it. From what i could tell the army blockade only came as far a Pratunam. I am just after Rang Nam. Can see it from my balcony and it looks empty, Tesco Lotus shut, can't see the 7/11 from here but i assume it is also. On friday night went to go get things from 7/11 opposite and there were fires in the middle of the road and it was closed anyway. Then yesterday things got really bad outside, i was about to leave because i could see cars on rang nam and ratchaprarop then 10 minutes later gunfire and explosions broke out. Cars scrambling away. I have very limited view as i am on the back of the building facing the park on rang nam. Saw soldiers coming up rang nam yesterday and security did not want us to even try to leave. Then last night building management locked all doors. Its really hard to tell when and if its safe becaause of my limited viewpoint and limited news coverage. This morning girlfriend got in the lift and a man over the speaker told her it was still shut up and not to go out. I can see the end of Ratchaprarop now and its full of smoke and firecrackers being launched. So thats to my left and i'm sure the army still to my right. so i guess am trapped.

If anyone on Ratchaprarop near rang nam and century hotel has a better view or knowledge of the situation please let me know. If there is a safe route to move out or get some supplies would be most grateful. I am getting more worried to even look down after my friend rang me last night and said her friends on rang nam were shot from balcony while smoking. Turns out this morning it was the ex-boy band singer and his friend.

hi, im in ratchaprarop tower too. I just went down stairs and security said (and i saw) you can make it out the back way to the nderpass. to go left or right is the next gamble, im not sure myself. ive got a bike and want to make for the express way to ekkamai. smylz_orl_round(at)hotmail.com email me if you want more details. ive got an ok view of ratchaprarop rd. the minimart downstairs has closed the side gate, im guessing they are running low and only selling to the building now. but just a guess.

soi Langsuan is a fair way to walk from Rajprarob. even in the best of days. given current situation I dont think anyone would want to venture out that far!

(perhaps you are confusing Rajprarob with Rajdamri?)

Contact numbers if you can not leave your house (as announced on Channel 9) 02 - 338 -3677 , 02- 338-3333 extension 7254

apparently they may also help with food (not sure, heard through the grapevine....I didnt watch the TV myself)

but give it a try.

let us know how you go?

I am truly sorry to hear of the OP's plight, and that of someone else in the neighbourhood. I live in Sathorn Road and yesterday morning decided it was still possible to get out, albeit by walking along the road, (which is closed to traffic), and getting into a taxi, from Suan Plu to the airport. Bought a ticket and arrived in Hong Kong last night. The point of my tale is that the situation changed so rapidly on Friday, when the road was closed by the army, and it became pretty obvious to me that it could deteriorate very rapidly, and the options could diminish quickly. I think we have all become inured to the violence, but looking at it from the luxury of distance today, I feel how right it was to have evacuated when we did, even though Sathorn is by no means as bad as the area you are in. (Yet.)

Hope you make out okay.

From where I am on lat prao rd you wouldn't even know there was anything going on at all. And my girl friend wont let me go see the fighting. I have to admit i would be a little scared to go anyway. but another part of me says go look and take some video.

I am also living in Lad Prao and apart from not being able to get to work and having to work from home it seems business as usual.

It gives me lots of time to learn Thai.

When the protest moves here I will consider what to do next.

ianwuk