Please Help Translate This Very Bad Thai-english?

popey888

Hi guys,

I haven't a clue what this message says but maybe one of you guys can bring it to light for me?

"Hello,

pean chai khun than kham tam mak-mai dai-phard

song mail tolasap

maha phum thuai

dai-phrud bok chu ti-tai jing khun dai lai

tee yeu"

Please, if you can translate it, let me know.

Very Much appreciated!

Maybe someone can fill in bits where phonetic spelling isn't making much sense to me.

"Your male friend asks many questions. Emails me, telephones me, even came to see me. He said (his name???)"

not sure of last bit, phonetics don't seem to make sense. Also the phard might mean he didn't mail or telephone, but wouldn't seem to make much sense if it was.

Hi guys,

I haven't a clue what this message says but maybe one of you guys can bring it to light for me?

"Hello,

song mail tolasap

maha phum thuai

tee yeu"

Please, if you can translate it, let me know.

Very Much appreciated!

First I'm going to try to translate into Thai. เพื่อนชายคุณ ดันถามคําถามมาก ได้(พยายาม)ส่งเมลล์ โทรศัพท์ (เอสเอมเอส) มาหาผมด้วย ได้พูดบอกชื่อ ที่อยู่จริง(ของ)คุณ หลายที่อยู่.... :o

not exactly the same interpretation....

I have also tried, but it's almost impossible to make a perfect interpretation of the above text, so that is why you get two different replies here..

Spoken Thai written in Western letters leaves out far too much information. Some words are not clear from the context.

Since colloquial Thai often lacks pronouns, or uses family designations like "older brother/auntie/uncle" both in reference to oneself AND others, it is often difficult to determine who does what to whom - if we do not know the background we cannot be certain if a person means himsel when he uses the word พี่ น้อง ลุง เรา.

The person who wrote this message uses a transcription which is more or less like he or she speaks, but probably with some mistakes because he/she does not always know what the best equivalent in English is, and the writer does not make an effort to make the message clear, since the intended recipient will probably understand anyway - because she (probably a she) has the background clear.

"Hello,

song mail tolasap

maha phum thuai

tee yeu"

From looking at the text this is what I would read into it in Thai. But I am sure there is something wrong with my interpretation because it does not make much sense.

Yoot, would you care to try helping us here? :o

เพื่อนชายคุณ [ท่าน/ตั้ง] คำถาม มากมาย ได้[พลาด/โปรด]

ส่ง mail โทรศัพท์

มาหา [พำ/ผม] [ด้วย/ช่วย]

ได้โปรดบอก [ชู้/ชื่อ] ที่แท้จริง คุณได้ [แหละ/อะไร]

pean chai could be เพื่อนชาย but also เปลียนใจ when it is spoken sloppily.

'chu' is a keyword. The writer probably means "name", but it could also be the word for "lover". "Name" is more likely though.

I cannot get any further than that ... Sorry.

If "tee yeu" is ที่อยู่ (address) and not a name, then 'lai' on the line above is probably และ which means 'and'. If so, the entire line could be:

Please, just tell (him) your real name and address.

Maybe.

Yoot, would you care to try helping us here?

จนปัญญาจริง ๆ :o

It's impossible to make a perfect translation as you said.

If let me guess, I would guess the same as you guys.

Well,let's see other versions;

" เปลี่ยนใจคุณทัน คำถามมากมาย ได้โปรดส่งเมล์ โทรศัพท์มาหาผมด้วย

ได้โปรดบอกชื่อที่แท้จริงคุณได้เลย , ที่อยู่ "

" เปลี่ยนใจคุณทัน คำถามมากมาย ใดพลาด (if you missed any questions) ส่งเมล์โทรศัพท์มาหาผม ช่วยได้โปรดบอกชื่อที่แท้จริงคุณได้ และที่อยู่"

Just my guess. :D

Thank you very much Yoot! :o Always appreciated.

My suggestion translated into (bad) English

[Khun Than's male friend]/Your friend/ has lots of questions. Please email or phone me. Also, please tell me/him your real name and address.

Khun Yoot's suggestions into English

Translation 1:

Changed my mind Khun Than/[Make Khun Than change his mind]. Lots of questions. Please email or phone me. Please just go ahead and tell [me/him] your real name, address.

Translation 2:

Changed my mind khun Than. Lots of questions, if you missed any, please email or phone me, and give me your real name and address.

Sorry! I should translate some.

'เปลี่ยนใจคุณทัน' means you can change your mind. :o

Something like ' You can change your mind. If you misssed any questions you can mail me or make a phone call to me. And please tell me your real name and your address.

isnt it mostly women who use the third person, or youngsters..: most men use pom/chan, no?

besides sms are shortened versions of any language and often not written in proper order since person writing uses lazy versions, shortened phrases, and (like me here when typeing,) usually dont correct themselves if mistakes are made in spelling or context, since it is assumed that they will be speaking to the person anyway after getting message etc....