Curfew Tonight In Pattaya, Yes Or No?

Jingthing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got a sms message from my partner who is at work in a restaurant in Jomtien, told me not to go out tonight , red shirts in Pattaya "boom" whatever that means. Im staying home, like many I was hoping it would end without further loss of life and I feel for those affected plus of course the huge loss of business. With buildings being set on fire one has to wonder where it is all going to end. A very sad period in the history of this lovely country.

And it not gonne improve soon.Just heard from a friend who flew in yesterday that on the china airlines flight from Amsterdam there were 9 people in economy.

It won't effect me going to work tomorrow.

Arh!!!!!!

Could do with a day off.

Just driven from my house, up soi 17 onto 3rd rd, left onto pattaya Tai, right onto 2nd rd, right up to Big C then back around the back of big onto 3rd rd and back home.

The only red shirted people were a few at the red coffee shop on soi day night and a few on their stall behind big c, all shoppoing centres etc are closed but there was no sign of trouble at all.

All beer bars etc were open.

:)

Edited by davethailand

Just driven from my house, up soi 17 onto 3rd rd, left onto pattaya Tai, right onto 2nd rd, right up to Big C then back around the back of big onto 3rd rd and back home.

The only red shirted people were a few at the red coffee shop on soi day night and a few on their stall behind big c, all shoppoing centres etc are closed but there was no sign of trouble at all.

Yeh, seems business as normal except the shopping centres.

Its not like the reds are just going to start doing stuff here in Pattaya.

With all these tourists/farang around, if the worst happened it REALLY would be an international incident.

And relax. (I think).

With all these tourists/farang around, if the worst happened it REALLY would be an international incident.

And relax. (I think).

It ALREADY is an international incident. Geez. It sounds like it is some kind of half arsed mall based curfew here. I don't blame the malls for being nervous, especially Central.

And relax. (I think).

True,I also reckon quite a few Thai's etc here would go absolutley apeshit if they ruined business even more.

:D

I went to see Robin Hood in the Avenue but got turned away,same with Central.Pity was looking forward to it.

I went to France to try and see "Robbing Trouble Causing Basta*d" but no sight of him, Dick Turpin without a mask... :)

Can't blame them for closing places like Central, would take time to evacuate if arson occurs, hope things stay peaceful for you all in Pattaya, I was hoping to come shortly, but with things the way they are at the moment I'm going to give it a miss once again.. :D

Spring News

just had a reporter from Pattaya saying that even though Pattaya ( Chonburi ) is under curfew its not locked down but authorites are keeping an eye on the red shirts and there are no problems at the moment

I just called 199 (the CRES emergency line) and they confirmed that the whole of Chon Buri province including Pattaya is under curfew from 2000 to 0600 until further notice.

So that should clear up any doubt.

Regards,

Biffo

With tempers and tensions as high as they are; perhaps in the very short term, not a bad idea. Over the next few hours there will be returning to town some very pissed off bully boys who will no doubt be hitting the bottle to drown their sorrows.

Best avoided for a while.

I just called 199 (the CRES emergency line) and they confirmed that the whole of Chon Buri province including Pattaya is under curfew from 2000 to 0600 until further notice.

Regards,

Biffo

One more confirmation. A friend just called the police and yes, the curfew is on in Pattaya.

i also havereports that all soi 6 bars have been ordered closed.

apparently 7/11 also shutting down....

I can confirm that Monty, we are now closed so as to allow the staff to get home, that in itself has been a problem as the police also made all the motorbike taxis move away from the end of Soi 6,6/1, we got them all a Baht Bus.

Regards,

Biffo

One more confirmation. A friend just called the police and yes, the curfew is on in Pattaya.

It's more quiet than usual on Beach Road and Second Road but still a lot of people. Shopping malls like RGP, Central, Mike's and Big-C (second Road) are closed. Top's was open.

Another confirmation here........I can confirm that Pattaya has been told to comply with the curfew as the province is under a state of emergency. Bars, shops will all have to close. I am preparing a report for my website now with other details I have received and will post a link when it is done.

i also havereports that all soi 6 bars have been ordered closed.

apparently 7/11 also shutting down....

I can confirm that Monty, we are now closed so as to allow the staff to get home, that in itself has been a problem as the police also made all the motorbike taxis move away from the end of Soi 6,6/1, we got them all a Baht Bus.

Just heard they are shutting down Jomtien and walking st shut/nearly shut.Also Pattaya beer bar has been told to get his customers out after they finish their food and go home/hotel/condo.Rumours are that the red shirts are coming from laem chabang

Police were just in Soi 6 and announced a curfew for tonight starting at 20:00. This a report from a bar owner and long time friend of mine.

-redwood

Sounds like some coitus interuptus down there :)